1/1.

"Your heart was glass, I dropped it"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Liz didn’t exactly know when this happened but she knew how Rei started becoming cold and distant these past few months. 4 years with Rei and she did not encounter a cold and distant Liz for countless days straight until today. 

 

How did the warm and lovely days turn into cold and sleepless nights? 

 

Instead of the usual morning coffees and bagels while watching the sun rise in their balcony, talking about how excruciating their jobs were, Liz would now wake up in their bed alone, the bed sheet crumpled beside her, the only evidence that Rei slept beside her last night. Rei would always come home late, alcohol dominant in her scent. Liz would only act asleep so that hopefully she’d avoid the hard truth that maybe Rei has changed and that maybe Rei does not love her anymore. 

 

Instead of the usual long texts she would receive from her girlfriend, asking how she was and has she eaten already, or if she wants to go have dinner outside, it would now be ‘Good Morning’, ‘Good Night’, ‘Okay’, and ‘Bye’. If Liz thinks about it, the longest text that she had received from Rei when these all started to happenwas when Rei forgot her tux that she needs to wear for her meeting with her bosses. Liz remembers how mad Rei was at her. She got mad over text saying that how could she not prepare her tux last night, does she not know that she’d be meeting her bosses and one of their most important clients. 

 

‘Was it my fault that I was busy cleaning our bed sheet from your vomit last night because you were so busy nursing your headache?’ Liz thought and scoffed internally. 

 

Rei sent her location to Liz for her to send her tux in her location. Liz could only apologize and follow her girlfriend like a good puppy she was.

 

Liz vividly remembers the night where Rei asked her the night before to have dinner at some fancy restaurant. Liz remembered how Rei said that she wants to catch up with the love of her life. So she booked a table for them the night before the said date. Liz was 10 minutes late to their said meeting time which was 7:30 pm. She remembers how worried and nervous she was learning that she arrived at exactly 7:40 pm. She breathed in relief when her date was not sitted on the table she reserved for the both of them. 

 

‘Maybe she’s just late just like I was’ Liz t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter