빨간맛 RED FLAVOR

빨간맛 RED FLAVOR

Boksunga juice... Sweet and sour mix mood... nege jugopeun... Boksunga juice sweet and sour mix mood…

 

I keep on repeating my rap part as we take a break from our rehearsal. It’s been five days since the release of our new song, and even though at this point in time I’m still having troubles with this line, especially with the English words. I look around to see my members do their own thing, and there’s also another thing in my mind that keeps on bugging me: “It’s Friday, today he’s going to be discharged from Nonsan.

 

I get downhearted whenever I think of him not being able to see me this weekend promoting. I mean, it’s been years since the last time we’ve seen each other, and we can only exchange letters while he was at the academy. Still, I understand that he still needs to rest and adjust again. After all, I can wait—

 

Unnie! There’s someone here for you!” Seungwan calls to me as she points towards the rehearsal room entrance. 

 

Her big smile signals me that my wishes are suddenly granted. I put my earphones away and sprinted towards the door. Seungwan then gives me a gentle slap on my shoulder as she whispers.

 

“We’ll be rehearsing again. You can make it quick, can you Unnie?” she grins.

 

“I can’t make promises. Give me a minute or two.” I quietly answered as I hurriedly run towards the door.

 

I reach the door and open it a little. I take a peek and my heart raced wildly as I see the person on the other side. He’s wearing the military fatigue clothes with a sleek black backpack over his back. His smile spreads all across his face, and his eyes brighten as he sees me. He’s as good-looking as before, even if he’s sweating a little. I turn to my left and right to see if there are any bystanders: none. I quietly stepped out of the door and left a crack so I can hear the people inside. I approached him and as I was about to spread my arms, he already beat me by hugging me tightly first.

 

Our hug is so close-knitted and tight. I placed my head over his shoulders as I feel his face goes deeper to mine. I close my eyes as I want to savor everything—his scent, his warmth, his caressing embrace. I miss this man more than I even imagine.

 

“God, all I think about during my time there is to hug you like this.” Donghae says as he inched closer to me. My tiny frame now entirely covered by his caress.

 

“I-I miss you too, jagiya.” I am left entirely speechless as we slowly pull away from one another. “I thought you won’t make it today, or at least this weekend.” I ask him as he scratches the back of his head.

 

“Well, I told you that all I ever wanted was to see you first. Besides, I need to see you promote. I heard it’s a great piece, and I bet it’s going to be a hit.” Donghae answers. 

 

“But I couldn’t even... I mean, I’m still having some issues with my part. I don’t want to be embarrassed.” I answer timidly.

 

“Oh come on, you’re gonna nail this thing! You’ve been leader and main rapper your entire life. But if you do make a mistake, it’s okay! Just act natural.”

 

“Promise you won’t laugh at me?” I gaze at his beautiful eyes as I ask him. He takes both of my hands and holds it tight.

 

“I swear. You won’t even notice me watching.” He answers.

 

“But I wanted to see you as I perform. You give me strength.” I broach.

 

Way back inside the rehearsal room, I can hear the speakers booming back to life again. The time to rehearse again is on.

 

“Well, I better be going back there.” I tell him, while not even letting go of his hand. I do want this moment to last.

 

“You can do it Joohyun. I’ll be watching and waiting for you.” Donghae answers as his face suddenly draws close to mine. We exchange a long, gentle kiss. I once again closed my eyes and feel the best sensation love can give. He held the side of my cheeks for a bit, as he lets go and looks straight into my eyes.

 

“So, that’s what red flavor tastes like.” He smiles.

 

I giggle as I start to walk backwards towards the entrance door. “Do you know the last lyrics of the song?” I ask him.

 

“Yes, of course.” He laughs back. And in unison, we say to each other: “What I like the most in Summer is YOU."