Fin.

Exception

Recently twice’s dorm has been changed. Both for the location and the dormmate arrangement. It’s still divided into three groups, but the difference is, they’re not living in one same apartment like before.

Each group has their own apartment, and each apartment has separate bedroom for each member. Thanks to all the achievement and spectacular successes of their career, the company rewarded them this luxury.

The dormmate arrangement was also changed. They chose who’s with who by playing the ladder game but amazingly, the youngest—Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu a.k.a School Meal Club, still became a dormmate like the previous arrangement.

 

And the new dormmates arrangement went like this;

The big room line, or members who previously living in the biggest bedroom in their old dorm—Nayeon, Sana, Jihyo and Mina were divided into half. Nayeon and Sana, together in one dorm with Momo became their new dormmate. For Mina and Jihyo, they got Jeongyeon as their new dormmate.

 

Although it was randomly picked by ladder game, the members were quite happy with the result. Their dormmate shared the same similarity in many things and it’s going to be a fun living experiences.

But maybe there was a slight disadvantage from this arrangement.

Whenever TWICE got their break, the Korean members usually spend their time back to their parents’ house. Unfortunately, because of the pandemic and the strict quarantine procedure, none of the foreign members could go back to their homeland since it wasn’t flexible enough for their upcoming packed schedule. So, when they got their break like this week, that makes Mina and Tzuyu left alone in their respective dorm.

To overcome this, the foreign members decided to come to NaMoSa’s dorm and having a sleepover. Or more like Sana asked both Mina and Tzuyu to stay over until their dormmate came back.

Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Chaeyoung spend time the longest with their family. Meanwhile Nayeon and Dahyun usually only go for like 2 or three days in their parents’ house and came back, all because they want to spent time with their girlfriends.

Yes, lucky for them.. Nayeon and Momo are dating and they somehow became a dormmate. Same thing also happened with Dahyun and Tzuyu. But Mina didn’t get this kind of advantage since she still hasn’t with anyone. So once Jeongyeon and Jihyo left to their parents’ house and both Nayeon and Dahyun are still in their respective dorm, Mina had to stay alone.

 

The girl wasn’t mind being left alone in her apartment... She’s the infamous homebody after all.. But someone else got worried over that situation and always wanted to make sure that Mina is okay.

And that person is none other than Sana.

 Since the arrival of Nayeon & Dahyun back to their respective dorm that made Mina and Tzuyu had to end their sleepover, Sana couldn’t stop checking on Mina every single time… Knowing that Mina was all alone in her dorm.

She knew Mina didn’t really like someone barging into her room with no announce, so Sana chose to check on her by phone. Every single time she would try to check on her even with the simplest thing as “what are you doing now?” question. But mina always answer no matter what it is and even if Sana called her when she was in the middle of her game, Mina would still answer it while put it on a speaker.

So, when Mina didn’t answer any of Sana’s text, it made the latter worried.

 

“Hey, did any of you hear anything from Mina?” asked Sana to Momo and Nayeon who was busy munching their potato chips while eyes locked to the TV

“Hear what?”

“Anything… She hasn’t replied my text...”

 

Both Nayeon and Momo automatically turned their sight to Sana, just to see their friend looking at her phone with a pouty lip. They threw each other a look but chose to hold their tease.

 

“Had you tried to call her?”

Sana gave a weak nod and said, “Straight to voicemail...”

“When were the last time you text her?”

“mmm.. around 20 minutes ago?”

“Gee, Sana… Just wait a bit more…” Said Nayeon with a disappointed tone

“She’s probably away from her phone…”

 

And with that, Sana chose to wait.

>><<

It was nearly dinner time and nearly two hours had passed. Nayeon and Momo who earlier was enjoying their snacks and TV shows, now busy searching for their dinner menu.

 

“Hey Sana, what do you want for dinner?” But Momo didn’t get any respond from the girl, who apparently still busy with her phone.

 

Momo and Nayeon looked up from their phone and saw Sana tried to call someone with such a worried expression. Brows frowned, pacing back and forth, and she also bit her nails. Definitely at her peak worry wrath mode.

 

The couple eyed each other, hoping either of them knew what exactly happened with their dormmate. But before they could even start their secretive discussion, Sana finally spoken.

 

“Guys I still don’t hear anything from Mina.. this time, my call doesn’t even reach her.”

“Uh… you can just go upstairs instead? Mina literally live one floor above us.”

“I don’t want to intrude her or disturb her rest.”

“You’ve tried to text her but no answer, called her but no respond… She won’t be mad if you tell her that. Besides… I don’t even think she would scold you for coming to visit her.”

“You sure?”

“Of course!”

 

Sana now considering Nayeon’s advice.. It’s true, she could just go upstairs and make sure the girl was fine.. it’s quicker that way. But again, she also afraid that Mina purposely turned off her phone so no one would disturb her rest..

Seeing her best friend still looked troubled, Momo tried to assure her. But unfortunately, she chose the wrong wording and triggered the raging mess Sana.

 

“But really, Sana. I don’t think you should worry about anything though.. It’s Min—”

“What do you mean by that?? Of course, we should worry about it! She’s all by herself there, remember?? And now her phone is out of reach…” but before neither Momo or Nayeon could say their thought, Sana continued her rant,

“what if the only thing she do was sleeping? Or or maybe she only playing game and forget to eat something or even drink enough water? Or what if something ba—”

“Hey calm down, Sana... Calm down...” Nayeon had to go near Sana and hold both her shoulder to calm her down, “She’ll be fine”

“How could you be so sure?? What if she—”

“Mina not answering her text is not a rare thing... And knowing that she always makes use of her break time to the fullest, she is probably asleep now or in the middle of playing her game.”

“That was exactly what I’m trying to say..” Said Momo

“But her phone…”

“Maybe it runs out battery while she was sleeping, or she was too focused on her game and didn’t even notice that her phone dead...”

 

What nayeon said kind of make sense and made Sana lowered down her worried. But still, it didn’t completely assure her.

 

“Okay, we get it that you’re worried because she gave you zero respond. But believe me, Sana… She’ll be fine. It’s Mina… She knew how to take care of herself, she isn’t the careless type and she sometimes preferred to be alone too... right?” and what momo said made Sana gave a tiny nod of agreement.

“So, no need to worry that much about her alone in her room. She is not like Nayeon eonni anyway...”

 

And that made Nayeon snapped her head towards Momo and gave her a sharp glare. “Excuse Me??? What that supposed to mean?? I can live by myself! Let me remind you. I’m older than you, Miss Hirai.”

“Oh really? In case you forgot. Remember the time when me and Sana had schedule in the outskirt, then the entire day you bombarded everyone in group chat to accompany you? You forget about that?”

“W-well… it’s in the past! I’ve grown!”

“really?”

“Whoa.. you dare to smirk at me?? Yah—”

 

While those couple bickering, Sana’s head still busy thinking about Mina. She knows Mina’s bad habit whenever they’re on a break. Yes, she took her break to the fullest, getting the proper sleep she had missed and doing her hobbies that she couldn’t do much during the comeback preparation. But sometimes she over did it. She could use her break to either hibernate, having a very very long movie marathon, playing with her phone or switch on bed and didn’t even get up from it, or playing PC games for a very unhealthy amount of time. Skipping meal is also included in her bad habit..

Despite Nayeon and Momo’s effort to ease her, the thoughts of Mina doing her bad habits still bothered Sana a lot and the urge of seeing her, still as strong as before.

 

“Do you guys really think that it’ll be okay for me to go barge in into her room?”

 

Clearly when Sana asked that, she ignored the fact that Nayeon and Momo still in the middle of bickering and completely into it. So the outcome, Sana didn’t get the answer she needed.

And as focused Momo and Nayeon were with their banters, Sana also focused her mind only to Mina. So, despite receiving zero respond from the two, Sana didn’t care and chose to stand up and go to Mina’s room.

 

“I’m going to Mina’s room.”

 

*BAM*

 

The sound of the door made Nayeon and Momo stopped their banter to finally realized that Sana already left.

 

“Did she said she’s going to Mina’s room?” asked Momo

“Seems like it...”

“Damn she is that whipped…”

“Are you talking about yourself?”

 

And this time, Momo the one who snapped her head towards Nayeon and gave her a glare

 

“Did eonni just said I’m whipped?”

“You’re not?”

“Of course, I’m no—”

 

Then suddenly out of nowhere, Nayeon cut Momo’s word with a peck on the latter’s lips. Which that made the former froze.

 

“Or maybe I’m the whipped one?” asked Nayeon with a smirk

“Y-yes... Definitely Eonni... Not me...a-anyway. Can we just focus on searching for our dinner?”

“Anything for you~”

“Sheesh…” Momo indeed rolled her eyes, but she still smiled anyway.  

><

JeongJiMi's apartment is located right above Sana's and right now she was right in front of it. Usually, Sana would just input the door access code to come in since all the girls agreed to share each other's access code both for practicality and security, in case urgent thing happened. But since she came without notice, she didn’t want to intrude Mina’s rest and act like a civil person...

 

*DING DONG*

 

After she pressed the bell, she waited. But she grew impatience since there weren’t any responds. So instead of waiting for Mina to open the door for her, she just added the access code and went inside—despite she kept saying that she didn’t want to intrude or came with no notice.

 

"Hey Mina, sorry to barg—" Sana let her greetings hung unfinished, all because she was greeted by nothingness and darkness.

Everything was dark. the only light source was from where she stood now, and reflection of city light illuminated through the window.

 

“Mina?"

 

No answer.

But since she didn't get any news that Mina want to go out, Sana proceeded to come inside deeper inside the apartment while some light when she came across a light switch.

 

"Miiitang, are you home?”

 

Again, no answer.

 

Usually if Mina was too focused on playing her game, a rapid clicking sound and her self-made sound effects could be heard. But this time… nothing. The apartment filled with silence, like no one ever live here... This, once again made Sana worried.

But glad Mina’s bedroom door was open. Mean the girl is home…

Sana stormed her way towards Mina’s room, ready to bombard Mina with trains of complain due the girl ignoring and made her worried. But when she finally arrived at the door frame, a soft smile carved on Sana's face instead.

What she saw was, Mina soundly asleep on her bed with her ipad still hanging on the handy tools she bought from online store that helped her watching movies from her ipad without had to hold it.   

 

Sana then slowly went towards her bed, sat on the vacant space near her and tried to wake her up.

Even though Sana felt a little bit guilty for disturbing Mina's sleep, she had to. It's already near dinner time and she somehow could sense that Mina haven’t eat yet. So, after she moved away Mina’s ipad and her handy tools, she woke the sleeping beauty up.

 

"Mitang, wake up.." Said Sana sweetly while she gently patted Mina's body.

 

Yes, the way she woke Mina is totally different with how she usually woke either Momo or Nayeon. In Sana's defence, she did it softly because Mina is a light sleeper. Different with Momo and Nayeon who's a heavy sleeper. But if Nayeon or Momo saw this, they'll say that Sana is whipped for Mina and she always wanted to treat her sweetly.

 

And well, as the light sleeper she is, Mina woke up just with the most minimum effort.

 

"Sana?" she called with drowsiness still evident on her voice.

 

Mina rose from her sleep and then she pulled out her airpods. now Sana knew why the light sleeper mina couldn't be bothered by her call and the sound of the doorbell... her ears were plugged with airpods

 

"Hi there, sleepy head." that made mina let out a small smile

"The movie I watched earlier was the reason."

"Boring?" and Sana received a nod

 

"So uh.. what’s bring you here?”

“Well... you didn’t respond to any of my texts, and I was kinda trapped as third wheeler so… I came here.”

 

Yes…. Sana never showed Mina that she is such a worry wrath upon her,

Sana always has a strong feeling to protect Mina. Technically they are same age friends. But she didn’t know why Mina radiates a certain vibe that makes her wanted to protect Mina with all her might, like she always want the greatest thing happened to her and no malice. That she couldn’t just sit still when she knew Mina is alone. She always had to make sure that mina was okay and make sure she won’t feel lonely.

But Sana didn’t show Mina that she’s worried for her. She used her third-wheeling situation as an excuse to Mina so the girl will let her contact and hung out with her anytime… Telling her that she actually just want to spend time with Mina or didn’t want Mina to feel lonely... kinda hard to tell…

 

And gladly Mina just play along and didn’t question that much.

 

“Text? Really?” Mina then grabbed her phone that she put on the nightstand beside her bed. “Oh… out of battery… I’m sorry, Satang.” Then she charged her phone immediately.

 

If you think Sana wouldn’t prolong this and she wouldn’t bombard mina with her complains, yes you are right.

 

“It’s okay… You were asleep so it’s not a big deal.” And then she quickly changed the topic, “Anyway.. I’m sorry that I disturbed your sleep since it’s nearly dinner time now and I assumed you haven’t eat, right?”

“Um… Can a pack of cookies count as dinner?”

That made Sana let out a short laughed, “of course not, you silly..” then she added, “Momo and Nayeon eonni is about to order something for dinner. You want to join?”

“Sounds good. But I… don’t think I have enough energy to go downstairs.” Said mina lethargically.

“Not enough energy or, you’re just too lazy to go downstairs?”

“um….. the latter? Hehehe”

 

The way Mina grinned made Sana let out a wide smile as she also patted her head. “Okay, okay.. We’re going to eat here. But, you still need to get out of the bed.”

“aaaah why…..” Sana tried her best not to squeal because of how adorable Mina’s whines are. But she needs to control herself.

“Seeing the entire house was so cleaned and untouched, I bet all you’ve been doing since morning was laying on your bed, right?”

 

Mina didn’t answer Sana’s question. She just pouted. Sana knew that her guess was right so with no further ado, she grabbed Mina’s hand and dragged her out from her bed.

 

>><<

Few minutes had gone and both of them already finished their dinner. Now, the two of them were lounging in the living room—watching the movie Mina watched earlier. Both of them sat on the carpet with their back rest on the sofa.

 

“God… No wonder you fell asleep while watching this.. So boring..”

 

Despite the movie was boring and disappointing, Sana was content. Mina currently laying her head on Sana’s shoulder, and she also let Sana held her hand.

Spending time with Mina is always this peaceful and Sana loves it. Not just because she needed some peace due to the chaos Momo’s pets—boo and dobby, always caused in their apartment... But Mina’s whole existence always makes her calm and in peace. Like the usual bubbly and high-tension Sana, ‘forced’ to lower her energy and match up with Mina's calmness. She likes it.. very much.

 

But then Suddenly a buzz came from both their phone—yes, mina’s phone already charged.

 

“Oh look. Nayeon eonni and Momo doing vlive now.” Said Sana

“Is it okay for you not to be with them? You know.. our fans might asked why you’re not there with them and speculate things..”

“It’s fine… you don’t have to worry about that.”

 

And then.. silence. None of them were talking. Both of them just staring at the movie that they’ve already lose interest since the beginning. Until Mina suddenly started the conversation again.

 

“Hey Satang.” After she got a hum from Sana, Mina then said, “I’m sorry if I made you worried and forced you to go up here…”

“hm? What are you talking about? I came here because Momo and na—”

“Nayeon eonni texted me earlier, told me you were so worried.”

 

Internally, Sana cussing Nayeon for telling that to Mina. She’s been trying her best not to show how worry wrath see is for Mina and Nayeon just burned down her cover.

 

“W-well… yeah it’s true I was worried… I mean you didn’t respond to any of my text and when I called you, it went to voicemail or it didn’t reach you... so yeah. But it’s okay… You were asleep so don’t mind about it.”

“You can always just come here if you want.”

“I don’t want to disturb you...”

“You won’t.” Mina paused a bit before she continued, “Actually… I always wanted to invite you here.. but I’m afraid that I’d bother you.”

“What? No! No!” Sana then held both mina’s arm and made the girl facing her, “That supposed to be my line. I’ve always wanted to come and accompany you here when you’re alone but I’ve always afraid that you wanted to be alone.”

“You’re… an exception..” Said Mina shyly.

“Exception?”

Mina gave a tiny meek nod then she said, “I always love your company…”

 

*THUMP THUMP*

With that, Sana let go her grip on Mina as she tried to hide her blush due to Mina’s honest confession. “Oh…I.. I see..” and yet that was the only word Sana manage to say.

 

Both now facing each other, but eyes looking at different places.

Well yes Sana is known as the member who seems to be straightforward and open with her feelings. But actually, no. She’s fine with showing her feelings but whenever she received the same kind of treatment, she sometimes didn’t know what to react and ended up being flustered and bashful upon it. Like what currently happened now.

 

“So… um, Satang..”

“Y-yes?!”

“Is it okay if I asked you to sleepover tonight?”

“Oh.. you.. want me to stay here? With you?” and Mina slightly gave a nod, shyness still evident on her face.

“Of course! If you want me to stay, I’ll stay the night.”

“And what if…” Mina once again paused. But this time, she diverted her sight away from Sana’s face and pink shade slowly appearing on her face, “What if… I asked you to stay here, with me… until Jihyo and Jeongyeon eonni came back…?”

 

Sana didn’t immedietly answer Mina’s question. Instead, she position herself straight to the TV while her back bumped the sofa and she tapped the carpet in front of her—signaling mina to sit there.

 

“Come here.”

“W-why?”

“I’ll stay if you let me cuddle you every time. How was it?” Now Mina’s face turned redder than earlier as she got embarrassed upon Sana’s offer.


But without saying a thing, Mina crawled herself toward the space Sana pointed and slowly leaned her back to Sana. Which Sana welcomed her immedietly by leaning closer to her, resting her chin on Mina’s shoulder.


“D-does this mean… you’ll stay?”

“Yes, I’ll be your temporary roommate. At least until either Jeongyeon or Jihyo back.. And that also mean, you had to deal with me demanding for cuddle like this.”

“I… actually don’t mind...”

 

Sana didn’t need to hide her feeling again. She just let out a soft laughed and tighten her hug for a bit. Showing mina that she’s happy that Mina allowed her to do this.

 

And with that, Sana stayed at Mina’s room through the entire break.



AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HI HI I'm here with a MiSana content! yeay!!!
I know its short, but i hope you guys enjoy it!
Please do leave your thoughts on the comment box and click the upvote if you like it~

thank you and love you guys!!

^^