A Letter To You

A Letter To You

Hey, you! Yes, you. How you've been? How has this year been? Did you accomplish something? Did you have fun? Are you happy? I would love to hear how this year has been for you! :D

And if you have had a great year and are feeling great, then I'm happy for you! Really. But if you say the opposite, then I'm proud that you are able to hang on for so long. Now I don't know what you are struggling with or if even you are struggling but good times will come. This year doesn't define your life.

Well, it has been a crazy year tho, hasn't it?

Look, to whoever is reading this, if you are struggling or not, I am really proud of you. You may not believe me, I mean, I'm a stranger on the internet, who would believe me? But I am not a liar. I am happy tho and really impressed with how strong you are, if you have accomplished something this year or not, it doesn't matter. I am just happy that you even woke up this morning, got out of bed, maybe brushed your teeth, and did whatever. But if you didn't, I am still proud of you for just being here.

Life isn't easy, we all know that. And it isn't meant to be easy either. Now I don't care about your age, you can be a child and reading this or an adult and reading this, life is the same for everyone. It isn't all black and white, I would say life is in the middle. The color gray. It isn't bad but it isn't good. This depends on your situation, of course, I mean I can't say it's gray if it is black for you right now or white. But know that after every hardship you face, every hell you go through, every time your world falls apart, there is always light afterward. Maybe not the entire sun but maybe a small ray. And remember, just a tint of light can get rid of darkness.

But if you are in the tunnel of darkness right now, lost, tired, and depressed, then know that everything will be okay. Just because it's hell now doesn't mean that it will last forever. And I am so proud that you are able to hang on even if life is against you. Even if it has thrown something that seems so impossible to destroy, so hard to fight against. Just know that it's not impossible. One day, maybe not tomorrow, in a few months or years but one day you will feel happy. Trust me. It may sound crazy but you will.

Now, this year is coming to an end and I want to ask you, are you happy with what you have done this year? Do you regret anything?

I know I do.

The past is the past, forgive and forget. You can't change what you have done and that's a reminder to be kind to people. Now, I shouldn't really speak about that because I am not really the kindest person myself but I am trying. And I hope you are too. I hope you feel loved and cared for. If not, just know that I love and care for you. I may be a stranger but still.

Give people a smile when you walk down the street, greet your neighbors, study hard, hang with your friends, have fun. And if you can't do either of those things, then nod when passing by people, smile at your neighbors, try to study, spend some time online if you don't feel like hanging with your friends, do what you like.

Stop letting what you want and what you want to do, pass you by. If you have a chance, take it. Yolo. If you were happy while doing so, then that is all that matters. Be kind to people even though you may be hurting. Not everyone will use you, be mean to you, and hurt you. Many people aren't like that. And even if it feels like it, then just know the world isn't full of monsters. There are some angels left. And someday you will meet one.

Focus on success and stay in your own lane then the right people will come to you. Don't lower your standards for anyone. If they aren't happy to be with you, then drop them because you deserve the world. You even deserve the universe.

Well, this letter is coming to an end and I know that it wasn't a long one. But I felt like I am happy with what I said. Just a quick reminder, I am proud of you. Really. Even if you don't believe me, which you don't have to, just know that I am super proud. Life isn't easy and holding on is even harder but good things will come from it.

One day, the sun will come shining through for you.

And one day, you will be happy.

Merry late Christmas everyone and Happy New Year.

Sincerely yours, A Stranger.