The Painting

The Painting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THE PAINTING

[Alternate Universe-1766]

His eyes flickered to the painting that was now hanging on his wall.

He hadn’t anticipated that he’d purchase it.

But like a miracle here it was staring back at him, placed just above his fireplace, stilled into a now forever.

“Do you think he’d like it?” He whispered his thoughts aloud as he stared at it now, his eyes piercing.

Yugyeom looked up at him and frowned a little upon hearing those words from where he was seated in an armchair, his newspaper held in his hands where his attention was focused on it mere seconds ago.

Not that he enjoyed reading, but he did skim through the sports section.

But he looked up then, his face scrunched up in deep thought.

What words did Jinyoung want to hear?

His honesty, which he believed was the truth.

Or a lie, a form of placation, he supposed for them both.

That would obviously mean that the painting was no good, but how could he tell him that.

He wasn’t sure what would be best.

He’d hate to have to lie again.

But then his lies were almost never unnoticed.

So what was the point of it exactly?

Noticing that his question was unanswered, Jinyoung’s gaze shifted to that of the younger and he raised his brows, probing without words for any statement of any sort, whatever it may be.

He truly believed he could take the truth, even if it was harshly delivered.

Yugyeom sighed, just as their eyes met.

“Why me?” He asked, a little disheartened at the fact that he was placed in such a situation yet again.

“Why not?” Jinyoung countered, his expression remaining the same, needing above anything else to know.

And Yugyeom sighed in obvious exasperation.

“I don’t know hyung, you know I have poor knowledge on art.” He spoke instead, reminding Jinyoung of his stance as he did in fact mention it before he was dragged off to the museum.

But that was in fact the truth, he didn’t know, art was art, it was to put it lightly weird to him, he couldn’t appreciate the creations, simply because he couldn’t. So he won’t ever have nice words to say.

Jinyoung knew this!

But at hearing those words Jinyoung bit his lips in cogitation.

In all honesty he believed the painting was beautiful, a one of a kind or he would not have gone out of his way to make the purchase, point in fact that purchasing was not even allowed, but of course being who he was he had made it happen.

But he really, really thought that he’d like.

And maybe, just maybe he’d show him later, hear his thoughts.

Give it to him.

Well that was the point of purchasing it after all.

But from the look on Yugyeom’s face he wasn’t sure that he’d in fact like it at all.

And at that thought he wondered then, what should he actually do, should he not like it.

Yugyeom sighed from where he was seated as he observed his hyung, no doubt lost in his own head.

Aish, what could he do?

“You know.” He started, “The only way you’ll know if he likes it is to show it to him hyung.”

Jinyoung chortled upon hearing those words. “I know.” He responded with no less thought.

“Well then what are you waiting here for?” Yugyeom demanded now, wanting to get this entire ordeal over with.

You couldn’t blame him, it’s just that theatrics weren’t exactly his thing.

So inhaling deeply and letting that breath go, Jinyoung accepted those words, and with a final look at the painting he began to make his way out of the room.

Yugyeom didn’t follow him but he knew by the time they made it back the younger would be gone, going off to do pretty much his own thing.

Jinyoung smiled at that, knowing very well that he could only capture the younger to hang out with him a handful of times, but that’s if he got those handful of times at all.

It was getting dark as he made his way through the corridor. He’d have to start lighting the candles soon.

Picking up his pace he made his way to their study, because he knew he’d be there, sitting as he fawned over his work, trying to complete it on time.

Jinyoung smiled softly at the thought of him.

And just then he made it to the door and brought his fist to gentle knock on the greenwood.

“Hyung.” He called out softly, his voice even sounding appealing to him.

And there was a time when he’d scoff at that, the way he’d let his guard down, the way he’d allow such emotions to consume him to the point that he couldn’t even be gruff anymore, but rather soft and pliant under his will.

No shouting and fighting, just doe eyed looks and soft, sweet spoken words, filling his entire being with the most beautiful of scents.

The smell of love.

Because that was what Lim Jaebeom was to him.

Love.

And Love again.

Soft and kind, sweet and gentle and ever so lovely, that he couldn’t find it in himself to be anything but good to him, to be just right for him.

And so here they were today, where he’d melt like mush anytime he was within his presence, knowing without a doubt that he was safe and that he was loved.

And then a voice so gentle it could rock waves, spoke to him, ushering him in.

And immediately he opened the door.

His heart once again skipped a beat at the sight of him, recalling then what it was like the first time they had met.

It was in their early years he knew, he couldn’t remember exactly what the moment was like, as the memory at times seemed so strange, filled with things foreign to his eyes and ears, but what remained clear even after so many years, was that one thing.

That one feeling of belonging.

Of knowing without having to say that this was his person.

That this was the only person for him.

And so he called out, “Hyung.” The word escaping his lips.

Just then Jaebeom looked up, his brown eyes meeting his and he smiled.

They both did.

“C’mere.” Jaebeom beckoned him over with a wave of his hand.

And immediately Jinyoung stepped forward.

Because how could he not?

Jaebeom’s aura alone was compelling him.

Not in that obscenely strong and dominant way, but rather in a soft, pure way, a gentle way.

And that alone was Jaebeom’s presence, but his looks, my, should he dare to comment on that, he was not sure.

But Jaebeom to him was like a sculpture, carved carefully from the best of clays, construed to look like he was.

Tall and handsome, a defiance among men.

His hair was long and black, his silk strands touching his shoulders.

His shoulders then were broad and sturdy, just as was the rest of his frame, built to hold the world’s weight.

But it was his eyes that Jinyoung loved the most, his eyes that held orbs so beautifully brown they shone from afar, telling of one thing that words were no longer needed for.

That he loved him with all of his heart and with all his soul.

That he, park Jinyoung was the one for him.

And Jinyoung for all intent could never imagine a world in which he didn’t have that love.

That he couldn’t feel that love even for a moment.

This love that was so pure it was too much.

Too much to imagine losing it.

Too much to imagine not having it.

But if as though reminding him that their love was in fact real, was in fact here and was in fact now, Jaebeom smiled softly at him gesturing him over again.

He stepped forward yet again as his lean frame was met with the flickering glow of the afternoon’s sun as it danced across his skin.

Jaebeom smiled up at him, softly and ever so gently as he took those beautiful hands into his the moment they were within reach and brought them to his lips where he kissed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter