patawad. (I)

songfics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There would always be a day that you’d feel like the world is against you according to your grandmother who passed away 8 years ago. 

A day wherein everything would stack up and you would just want to bang your head against the wall.

A day wherein you just want to sleep in, forget everything except you can’t because you have a very demanding boss and you have a goal.

Well, at least you had a goal.

It used to be your motivation but now, not anymore.

You lost it.

Everything you were holding on, everything that was keeping you sane and everything...everything that you wanted to keep for this lifetime.

Your friends would call you a dramatic , an idiot and whatever words can be used to insult a person.

They’re not entirely wrong.

Everything that happened to you were the consequences of your actions and God knows how much you’re willing to give anything you have left just to bring back the time.

But that’s impossible. Once something passes, it doesn’t come back.

Optimistics would say that it is, there would always be a time, a right time for that something to come back but for goodness sake it’s been 6 years for you.

Nothing comes back eventually.

They only come back if they want to and in your case, she doesn’t want to come back anymore.

You waited and waited but she never came again.

She never knocked onto your apartment’s door nor did she ever barged in your room to wake you up for work.

She never came back to prepare your meals even though she herself doesn’t eat meals as she prefers snacks more, she never came back to pet your pet cats that were left to you, longing for the same person that you’re longing for.

They told you to snap out of it and do your work, right, you’re in your workplace.

‘You look like Jimin.”

“I know.” you just waved your hand to your co-worker, telling him to leave you alone as you stood up and strode towards your building’s rooftop.

You’re supposed to be working, you know that.

But you can’t really finish a work with your head clouded with memories that never fail to remind you how much of an idiot you are.

How much of a jerk you were.

You shook your head, sighing in disappointment as you took every step.

Another lonely night for you, Jimin.



 

You left your hometown the moment you graduated, finally free from the expectations of your parents as you had graduated as the top student of your batch.

You were happy until you realized that someone you wanted to free from as well had followed you.

Kim Minjeong.

You swear she was the most annoying person to ever exist.

 

But you didn’t hate her at least, your parents and her’s were good friends and you have the same circle of friends as well.

 

But you still couldn’t help but wish that she’d disappear because she never fails to annoy you with those whines of her’s and gummy smile.

 

doe eyes that reminded you of a puppy.

 

You could even imagine her having a tail that would wag whenever she’d meet eyes with you and grin.

You can’t deny that it wasn’t cute because it was indeed cute.

Kim Minjeong is annoying but at the same time, she was one of the cutest people that you’ve ever met.

She’s more than that.

Kim Minjeong was more than what you could see.

But you failed to look more.

 

She, Kim Minjeong, was an open book.

 

An open book that you never bothered to check nor read.




 

“Jimin, you are so slow!”

 

“You try running after getting pushed!” you growled, glaring at your other friends who just snickered.

 

The audacity to whine at you when it’s their fault for barging in your room unannounced and dragged you out of your bed for an unplanned morning jog.

 

You even barely got to pet your cats first because Aeri pushed you in the shower room.

 

 “Can I rest? I’m tired.” you groaned. Your ankles were screaming at you.

 

“You’re just not used to running Jimin, well, literally running that is.” Aeri snorted. “Come on, you need jogs like this!”

 

“What do you mean by literally running?” you raised a brow.

 

“Physically running?” she shrugged her shoulders. “You did aced running away from Kim Minjeong tho- aw! What was that for Ryujin?!”

 

“You insensitive ?!” Ryujin glared at her, noticing the sudden change in Jimin's face.

 

“It’s fine.” You waved your hand. “I really need a rest Aeri, I’m not a ing horse like you.”

 

“Horse?!” Aeri glared at her and was ready to throw her arms but Ryujin held her back while you just laughed and took it as a chance to run away from the two.

 

“I swear to God if I see you smoking again Yu Jimin, it’s 6 in the morning!”

 

You lied down on the nearby bench, letting out a satisfied sigh now that you’re miles away from Aeri and her nagging mouth.

You let out another sigh, not from satisfaction this time, as you remembered what Aeri said earlier.

 

“You did aced running away from Kim Minjeong tho- aw! What was that for Ryujin?!”

 

Well, you really can’t deny that as much as you want to because….you did.

You did run away from Kim Minjeong.

 

You ran away from the person who was willing to be your home.

 

You ran away from the person who wanted nothing but the best for you.

 

You ran away from the person who could have been...

 

Who could have been your everything.

 

Well she is, but she’s not here to know that.

And she’ll never get to know that.





As much as you hate it, there would always be a day wherein you’d just mindlessly walk back to the street where you first barged into Minjeong again after you left your hometown.

 

It was the season of autumn, her favorite season, and she was carrying a box with her.

 

She was wearing sweatpants, her favorite plaid shirt and black v-neck shirt underneath it.

 

She was also wearing black sketchers and also had a kuromi phone strap.

 

You frowned at that, because as far you could remember she liked my melody more than kuromi.

 

And she knew that kuromi was you, everything related to kuromi would be her gift to you every birthday you’d have.

 

And most of all, she was wearing that stupid, wide grin again that showed her gums. 

 

You once again imagined her having a wagging tail behind her as she did.

 

She was still like a puppy.

 

She grinned at you, obviously happy that she bumped into you again after months of searching for you.

 

Yes, she was searching for you, one thing that creeped you out.

 

It creeped you out until you knew that she was doing it because she genuinely liked you like how your dad liked your mom back in their highschool days.

 

“There are billions of people in this world but you, Yu Jimin, you’re the only one I see forever with.”

 

That’s what she told you during valentines of your sophomore year when she dragged you away from the table you were enjoying your lunch with Aeri, Ryujin and Yeji.

 

Your response to her was a frown and a raised brow because...out of nowhere? Really?

 

You were weirded out because, why the does she like you when all these times all you’ve done was rub onto her face that you’ll never like her?

 

You rejected her on spot but she was so persistent.

 

She pursued you until graduation and when she saw you again, she claimed that she still felt the same.

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“I said, No.”

 

“I said, Yes.”

 

You groaned, she grinned, taking a sip of her iced americano.

 

“You’re stupid Minjeong.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter