three

MEMORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

**

 

The next morning Yizhuo realized that she slept on the floor and not on her bed. Her body ached but it was nothing compared to the pain she was feeling in her heart. She saw Aeri’s uniform lying on her lap and she hugged it close once again. Yizhuo treasured its scent as it reminded her of Aeri so much, without realizing it the tears were already falling off her eyes. She wiped it off as she got up from the floor.

 

While on her way to the closet to return Aeri’s uniform the doorbell started ringing making Yizhuo stopped on her tracks. She hurriedly went to the door to answer it and got surprised when she saw Aeri’s pilot friend. The other girl looked like she haven’t slept at all same with Yizhuo whose eyes were really puffy from all the crying she did.

 

“Yizhuo?” the girl spoke “I’m Ryujin if you still remember me.” Yizhuo moved to the side to let Ryujin in. Yizhuo was trying her best not to break down in front of the girl. “I assume you heard the news.” Yizhuo nodded with tears pooling in the side of her eyes.

“Ryujin-ah…” With that Ryujin hugged her as she broke down. Ryujin shushed her as she rubbed her back to comfort her. Ryujin didn’t realize that she was crying too. “We…we need to find Aeri.” Yizhuo looked up at Ryujin with pleading eyes “We need to find her now.” Ryujin wasn’t able to answer Yizhuo but she nodded her head.

 

--

 

Karina was pacing back and forth inside her office as she waits for a phone call. The police assured them that they’re doing their best together with the rescuers to find Aeri. She hasn’t slept at all ever since finding out that Aeri was missing. How could someone so tragic happen to her Aeri?

Even though their engagement was set way too soon when they were younger Karina has always loved Aeri dearly. They grew up together and experienced almost everything together. They were best friends and nothing’s lovelier than marrying your best friend right? She has also been always supportive of Aeri’s dreams to the point that she didn’t stop Aeri from settling in Japan for her flying career even if that means that she’ll be left behind.

 

“Aeri-yah don’t do this please you need to come back.” Karina dropped a tear as she clutched at the picture frame with Aeri’s photo. “I need you to come back please.”

 

--

 

Yizhuo and Ryujin went to the Police Station to ask information about the development with the case but they were disappointed when the officer denied them.

 

“The case is handled by the Korean Police Enforcement. We’re sorry but we don’t have any details regarding the case as of now.” The police officer explained to Ryujin and Yizhuo. “The accident happened near Korea’s island so the police enforcement assigned there handled it.”

“Don’t you know anything officer?” Yizhuo’s voice was pleading “Even just a tiny bit information?” The police officer looked at Yizhuo then to Ryujin. He typed something in his computer before sighing.

“The other body is found and it belongs to Ishi Udo.” He looked at them “Just this morning.”

 

Yizhu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter