one

sugar (yes, please)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you ask Winter to go back in time, she'd pick the day she first met Ningning.

 

Then she'd swerve the hell out of her way so she won't get to meet her.

 

She's exaggerating, probably, but Winter sometimes (the majority of the time) thinks her best friend is the best definition of the word menace.

 

Last week, Ningning posted her number on Twitter under an ad saying she's selling kidneys.

 

Safe to say (or not), she's got a call from a bunch of random interested people and the ing police interrogating her.

 

At least, Ningning had a good laugh.

 

The other month, Ningning had live-tweeted about Winter's unfortunate events and gained traction even outside Twitter. Ningning was laughing her off when Winter showed up in Buzzfeed articles and Bored Panda threads.

 

If there's a block button in real life, Winter would absolutely, with no doubt, would click it for Ningning.

 

Especially when Winter opened her Twitter and got bombarded with tons of notifications, only to find out it was caused by a certain tweet with her picture attached:

 

@ningYZ

LF: sugar buddy

Pros:

soft mochi cheeks

cuddly type

great with late night talks

clumsy (you'd want to take care of her)

rambles a lot and will tell you abt her day

cons:

wont send nud3s

DM @kim_winter01 if interested.

13.5K Retweets 10.3K Quote tweets 19K Likes

 

 

 

This made Winter's blood boil up to a certain degree she's quite sure she's going to burst any minute now.

 


"Ning Yi Zhuo!!!!! You little—"

 

 

 

 

Karina thinks Giselle just needs someone to direct her affection for. Not that she's complaining, but really, how can she find her own girlfriend if Giselle is always hovering at her like a hot daddy?

 

Karina has been best friends with Giselle since they were in diapers, and the girl had always been spoiling her every chance she gets. 

 

When they were kids, Karina wanted to buy cotton candy and Giselle ended up buying the whole truck for her.

 

They were eleven.

 

Ele-ing-ven.

 

Now, it's not that they didn't try to be more than what they currently have, except that Karina just really thinks of Giselle as a sister, and nothing more.

 

Giselle is basically on the same page, and if Karina is being honest, Giselle doesn't seem to be the type to be involved in a romantic relationship. The girl never even had a crush, and Karina is a firm believer her best friend is aual.

 

Sure, the gifts were lovely, but half of the time, she ends up driving any potential lover because you're already dating your best friend, Karina.

 

Karina can't express how untrue that is, except Giselle would pick her up from a random date with a bouquet of flowers and a bag of designer clothes at hand.

 

And why is she doing that? 

 

Oh, nothing. I just love to shower you with gifts, that's all. And Karina would huff in both irritation and adoration.

 

 

"Come on Minjeong-unnie, stop sulking, it's a joke!" Ningning coos.

 

"It's not funny, Yi Zhuo. I'm thinking of deactivating my account for good if you don't stop with your pranks." Winter said, rolling her eyes.

 

"How many DMs you've got?" Ningning asked.

 

"Two hundred and fifty-seven, you prick." 

 

"Wow, that much? I didn't know there was a shortage of sugar babies these days." Ningning said, tossing her phone down the couch. "I should probably post one for myself."

 

Winter sits across her,  grabbing the remote control of the television. "What for? You can even look for your own sugar baby to spoil, three of them." 

 

"Shhh, aespa's performing, shut up."

 

 

"You should really stop doing this, Gi." Karina said, her left hand occupied with multiple bags of Chanel and Givenchy and her right with fresh tulips. "I'm sure that girl is not going to call me, probably thinking I'm dating you."

 

"It's her loss then. Besides, I don't like her for you. She's too... shabby." Giselle said, closing the door of her red Lamborghini Aventador. 

 

"Everyone's too shabby for you." Karina said, as a matter of fact.

 

"Meh, not everyone. I'll tell you if you end up dating one."

 

"How the would I end up dating one if you keep on showing up like this???" Karina said, pertaining to the outfit of her best friend, head to toe dressed in Givenchy. Karina even made an effort to point to her best friend's car, as if it explains how she won't get any dates because of that.

 

"They all think I'm dating you. Why, for the love of God, can you just find someone else to shower with your love?"

 

"Affection." Giselle corrects. "I don't do love."

 

"Of course." Karina sighs. "You know what, I'm finding you a sugar baby."

 

"A what now?" Giselle looked at Karina as if she's blabbering nonsense. Pressing the elevator keys to her penthouse, Giselle tried to tune down all the ideas coming from her best friend's mouth.

 

"And I should probably move out. If I end up finding you a sugar baby, you can have him or her stay in the guest room." Karina said, placing her gifts down.

 

"Stop with that nonsense, Rina. I don't like strangers." Giselle said, sitting casually on her million-dollar couch. "I have you and I'm happy with that."

 

"Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm happy with you too, except, I also have needs, Gi. I have needs!" Karina exclaimed. 

 

Giselle looked at her, raising her right eyebrow. "I can give you that too. You can't touch me though."

 

"Ugh, I'm done with this conversation."

 

 

"Are you sure you're going to block all of them?" Ningning asked, tossing caramel popcorn in . "I mean, maybe it's about time for you to start looking out there and get back to the dating world, unnie."

 

"And date a sugar buddy? Hell no." Winter said, sipping on her soda. "Hand me the bucket, will you?" Winter said, reaching out for the popcorn bucket.

"Don't tell me you've yet to move on from—what's the name again?"

 

"We do not say her name in this household."

 

"Amen!"

 

 

Karina scrolls mindlessly on Twitter when she finally gave in to the itch of searching for a possible affection interest for her best friend. 

 

Surely, she can find one, right?

 

Giselle is—well, aside from the fact that Giselle can't seem to love someone in a romantic way, she's a total sweetie and a walking green flag. 

 

And beautifully handsome.

 

(What? She's not into Giselle, yes, but she's not blind.)

 

Letting the urge take over her, she typed the words "sugar baby" only to find random accounts of possible posers left and right. She then searched for "sugar buddy" after seeing a tweet from someone looking for it as well.

 

She looked for the top tweets and after two to three scrolls, she sees a picture of a pretty girl and a tweet that looks like it's from someone else.

 

It's obviously a prank—judging by some top comments from probably their friends laughing as to how the girl—@NingYZ, just basically sold her friend to the sugar buddy side of Twitter. 

 

Karina ends up clicking on the girl's account—@kim_winter01 and finds it amusing how the girl hasn't put her account in private yet. 

 

If that was her, she'd probably do that first thing. 

 

Not that she's complaining, because if she did, Karina wouldn't be able to stalk this girl's account, going straight to Media to look for selfies of the girl.

 

There's not much, so Karina searched for the same account hoping it'll show up on Instagram.

 

Well, that was easy.

 

Karina follows the account and scrolled through tons of pictures, smiling widely as she eventually starts picturing the girl being her best friend's sugar buddy.

 

Karina decided to DM the girl on Instagram. Smart move, if you ask her. The girl would probably ignore her Twitter DMs for a few days so she wouldn't get any chance there. 

 

@yukr: hey there

 

The reply didn't come until after an hour, and by that time, Karina had already DMd fourteen other different girls and guys in hopes of finding a suitable sugar baby for Giselle. 

 

They're all scammers.

 

@kim_winter01: hi?

 

Karina yelped in excitement as she thinks of a way to get Winter to talk to her more before she blocks her or something.

 

@yukr: heyyy, sorry for the random message

@yukr: but i saw your post about Jin Joo Grill in my recommendations and i was hoping you can tell me more about it?

@yukr: sorry! if this bothers you let me know and I'll just ask someone else.

 

Karina sat up from her bed and waited anxiously for the reply.

 

@kim_winter01: oh, yeah. i did try that restaurant, it's great! 

@kim_winter01: if you want to get food poisoned. 

@kim_winter01: srsly its awful there, don't even bother

 

Karina giggles at the rambling. 10 points for Kim Winter-ssi. Karina knows Giselle would adore her.

 

@yukr: oh

@yukr: ok then

@yukr: um i was not expecting that.

@yukr: i was hoping to bring a friend to a great restaurant to surprise her

@yukr: can u recommend a better place then?

 

Replies came fast right after the first one, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter