When Flowers Wither

When Flowers Wither
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Winter.. for my last wish..," the voice got cut off when I woke up.

I sighed as soon as I opened my eyes. It's been two weeks since I recovered and I have never got to finish that dream. A blurry image of a girl would always appear with those words she never finished. 

I fixed myself and got ready to go on the bus which until now is still a mystery. Why do I always take this certain bus.. Ning has a car, why do I have to do this, as if it's my routine?

I sat on my usual spot and as if on cue, the girl sat beside me and smiled as she greeted me, "Good morning," she said.

I smiled a little and gave her a nod before putting on my earphones and looking outside. She would always tell me stories about her one great love and I don't really have much energy to tell her that I don't care. It's been a month and she never told me anything new. She doesn't really take the hint even if I blatantly use my phone when she's telling me those, so why bother? 

She tapped me when the bus reached her stop, "Take care, okay? The flowers will wither, but new ones will bloom."

I almost rolled my eyes, is that a daily reminder or something? Isn't that obvious already? 

She looked at me when she got off and smiled.

"Goodbye," she mouthed.

This is the first time she said goodbye..

The next day, I did the same as usual.

But this time around, she wasn't there anymore. 

I didn't really pay much attention to it and went with my day. However, I ended up going home to my twin crying so hard on the street where the girl used to get on the bus.

What is she doing here?

I hurriedly got off the bus and went to her.

"Ning, what happened?"

She looked up to me and cried even harder. I sighed and pulled her away since everyone's looking at her weirdly as she cries in the middle of the street.

"Rina's gone. She'll never come back, Winter. Why can't you remember?!" 

She was a mix of angry and sad, but I still don't get her.

Who's Rina? 

--- A month ago --

"They said she won't make it.. that we should take her off life support.. I can't do that, Rina. How am I supposed to let her go? She's my only family.." she uttered as she sobbed.

I never uttered a word, I didn't know what to say. Just like her, I'm afraid to let Winter go.

The doctor came when Ning was sleeping, he said it's getting so much worse and it's taking a toll on Winter's body as we delay the inevitable. 

It's 3 in the morning and I'm staring at my lover who's barely alive. Then, it happened. 

I sold my lifetime to the grim reaper in an attempt to save Winter's life. 

All of a sudden, I only have a month.. Winter won't recognize me now, that's the price I have to pay other than my life. 

For my last month, I spent it on looking at Winter from afar. Sometimes, I an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter