Macy's

Falling In Love in New York
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin is currently standing outside the cafe they’re supposed to enter as she waits for Giselle to finish her business in the comfort room, and after a few minutes, she saw her best friend walking towards her.

 

“Finally after such a long time! It’s been 84 years…” Jimin imitated the famous line in the movie, titanic and Giselle just shooked her head at her friend’s dramatic .

 

“I didn’t take that much time, it’s not that long. Stop being dramatic.” Giselle said and she knew the moment Jimin’s eyes widened that she’s gonna say something about her comment.

 

“NOT THAT LONG? Giselle, for all the years we’ve been together, you’re always the one who gets out last in the comfort room, mind you that you’re the first one to enter. And don’t make me start on the airplane before? I almost thought you got up outside for being that long in the bathroom. Who even spent almost 20 minutes in the comfort room while the airplane is currently flying?” Jimin ranted.

 

“W-what? I d-didn’t take that long in the comfort room on the plane! I just had a problem with my uhh, my z-zipper! Yes, my zipper got stuck that time.” Giselle defended and Jimin had to look on the road to calm herself, and she didn’t know if she’ll regret looking at it or not.

 

Time seems to have slowed down the moment Jimin saw this girl in the double-decker bus that was on the other side of the street they're currently standing at.

 

Jimin’s not the type of girl who easily believes in love at first sight but heck—she'll gladly believe and defend it to be true because this girl in front of her is the living evidence of that thought.

 

"Hey, you okay?" Giselle asked when she noticed her friend spacing out.

 

"oh uh, yes I'm fine. Aren't we going to the cafe?" Jimin asked, her eyes are yet to go back to the girl before. With the wind blowing, her beauty escalated as her hair got blown by the wind and the view in front of Jimin looks like it was taken straight out of a movie scene. And maybe—just maybe her heart skipped a beat from that.

 

Giselle noticed her reaction so she decided to follow where she's looking and was slightly surprised as she found a girl in a black puffer jacket with a black shirt underneath it. Her necklace and dreamy face compliment her outfits really well. The girl is currently looking outside while seemingly talking to a brown-haired girl and Giselle smiled at the sudden thought inside her mind.

 

"A girl, huh. Never knew you're the type to be smitten with just the first sight, Jimin-ah.`` Jimin stiffened when Giselle .

 

"Smitten? n-no I’m not! I just find her pretty, that's all." she defended.

 

"You find her pretty to the point where you already took a picture of her? don't think that I won't notice you clicking on your camera." Giselle said, making Jimin put down her phone that is in her hand. she didn't even notice that she captured the view.

 

"It's okay to admit you like her, you're not that slick." Giselle said.

 

"Okay fine! I admit I got perplexed with her beauty, but it doesn't mean I like her— yeah okay I like her and want to know her, happy?`` Jimin admitted when she saw Giselle raising her eyebrow.

 

"See? it's not that hard to admit it right? Now let's go." Giselle took her hand and crossed the street.

 

"Wait, where are we going?" Jimin asked as she let Giselle drag her to wherever she wanted.

 

"The coffee can wait. we're going to fulfill your wants, you want to know her right? then let's get ready to work on that.” She winked and only then did Jimin realize where they were going, inside the double-decker bus, where the girl is currently riding at.

 

"Yah! Are you crazy?! We just got down from a bus a while ago.'' Jimin whispered while following Giselle inside, it's not like she has a choice.

 

"The only crazy thing here is if you let this chance to know her." Giselle went to the girl and asked her something.

 

Jimin noticed the girl smiling at Giselle and oh boy—that smile, Jimin is so weak to that smile and she suddenly wants to exchange position to Giselle for her to be the reason behind that smile.

 

She got out from her thoughts when Giselle nudged at her.

 

"What?" she asked.

 

Giselle shook her head knowing Jimin gay panicked before, and pointed out the seat beside the girl.

 

"You're gonna sit here, I’ll be in front of you,'' Giselle explained and almost laughed when she saw Jimin's expression.

 

"W-wait, why are we going to separate?" Jimin asked.

 

"Because first if you didn't notice, there is only a single seat available meaning we need to sit separately, and second, do you want me to say the reason—" Jimin cut her off by pushing her towards the seat in front which startled the brown-haired girl beside her while staring at Giselle. She immediately sent a glare at Jimin who had already taken a seat before looking back at the girl beside her.

 

"Uhm, sorry to startle you. My friend suddenly pushed me so I landed unprepared." she apologizes and made sure that Jimin can hear their conversation.

 

"Don't worry, it's fine. My friend also pushed me here because she said and I quote you're so loud, and I don't want to sit with you unquoted." the girl explained and also sent a glare behind her.

 

"Well I guess, I'm lucky to sit beside you and not your friend because I'm also loud, especially if I know the person I’m talking to. I don't want to get pushed again." she chuckled.

 

"You're really really lucky, but I think your friend isn't - or not..." the girl answered. Giselle stopped for a second until she realized what she said.

 

"Your friend is that one with the long black hair behind us??" she exclaimed.

 

"Yes, she is, quite surprised she's not getting uncomfortable with the way your friend is sitting though." Giselle slightly looked behind and saw Jimin sitting as straight as a pole, both hands in her knees as if she's a disciplined student.

 

"Quite a small world" she muttered but only for the girl beside her to hear what she said.

 

"Indeed. I'm Ningning by the way." she genuinely smiled while giving her hand out which Giselle gladly accepted.

 

"Giselle, hope we have a safe trip." she said.

 

"Where are you going now anyway? We're gonna roam around New York City always wanted to do so. But for this day, we’re going at the Macy’s to buy things while staying here, " Ningning said and Giselle realized that they don't have anywhere to go because she just wanted to be a supportive friend and give Jimin a girlfriend already, so she just comes up with an excuse.

 

"Really?? We're also going there!! We like to be spontaneous sometimes so we just decided to do it as soon as we saw the bus." Giselle’s glad that Ningning is quite talkative enough to say their next location.

 

"That’s cool! Want to go together? Don't mind minmin, I think the two of them will be fine, they look like they're both quiet now. I’ll just inform her." Ningning said and who is Giselle to waste such an opportunity?

 

"Gladly, let me just inform my friend." Giselle fished out her phone and immediately clicked the messaging app to inform Jimin.

 

to: jimin

got you enough chance, we're gonna go to Macy’s the same as them, might as well buy things we need in the hotel.

and we're going together so this is your time ;)

 

Jimin felt her phone vibrate, making her slightly jump out which made the girl beside her surprised.

 

"I’m s-sorry." she muttered to the girl.

 

"It's fine, I get surprised easily too sometimes," the girl said and let out a small smile which may or may not cause havoc in Jimin's heart.

 

Jimin just bowed her head down and looked at her phone to see Giselle's text.

 

from: jimin

You know I don't know if I want to kill you for putting me in such a situation or wanna treat you to snacks for being the supportive best friend ever.

from: Giselle

a thank you would be much more appreciated and I’m only accepting the latter offer. And of course, I’m the supportive best friend who only wants her best friend to have a girlfriend already and leave the single life.

 

from: jimin

Never mind, I'm gonna do the first offer once we get off this bus, Uchinaga.

 

from: Giselle

not the surname, Yu. you'll thank me after this I just know it.

Oh and for the love of naevis, stop sitting as straight as a pole because I know you're not.

 

Jimin shut her phone when she read the last reply and slightly kicked Giselle's seat.

 

Giselle only look at her to stick her tongue out which she returned easily.

 

She only stopped making faces when she heard the girl beside her giggling.

 

She looked at her only to realize that the girl had been watching her— Jimin wants to let the floor swallow her whole because her making faces to Giselle is not something she wanted this girl to see.

 

"ohmygod. I'm sorry you had to see that." She knows her face is as red as the tomato right now.

 

"Don't worry, it's cute actually. you're both funny." the girl said.

 

Did she call me cute and funny? Ohmygod. She thought.

 

Winter’s notification sound dropped her out of her thoughts and saw the girl typing something in her phone.

 

“Oh, We’re going to the same location? My friend, Ningning here - she pointed at the girl beside Giselle - just messaged me that she invited your friend to be with us.” The girl said.

 

Jimin nodded and said that her friend also messaged her a while ago.

 

“That girl is so loud, so I’m not surprised she already befriended her.” The girl added pertaining to Giselle who is now currently having a conversation with Ningning.

 

“Yeah, my friend is also outgoing so she just found her match, I guess.” Jimin replied back.

 

"Since they both befriended each other, let me introduce myself, I'm Winter." the girl said.

 

Winter, kinda cool name—wait of course it’s cool, it's winter after all so it would be hot if it's summer?

 

Winter is now giggling beside her that got her confused.

 

"Did I just say my thoughts out loud?" she curiously asked. Winter wiped the tears before answering.

 

"y-yes you d-did. oh my god, you're really funny I swear. and thank you for thinking that my name is cool, aside from being winter you know " winter teased.

 

I got called funny twice, omg I’m gonna marry this girl right this instant where's the ring—

 

"Anyway, what's your name then?" Winter asked and mind you, never asked Jimin when she's daydreaming because her answer would be something she will regret after.

 

" oh, I’m funny— no I’m not—well kinda you just said it but —wait I need to calm down." if Winter is silently giggling before, now she's laughing already because of her and if it's because of Jimin being out of her mind then she's willing to do it again and again.

 

Jimin composed herself before answering winter. "Okay, I'm already fine. I'm Karina." She introduced.

 

“Nice to meet you, Karina. ” Winter offered her hand to Jimin who gladly accepted it. They talked for a while before stopping because Winter noticed that Jimin was getting sleepy so she let the girl has her sleep before reaching their stop.

 

Their travel seems to be just fast because the moment Jimin opened her eyes, she’s greeted by an angel who is currently looking at her.

 

“Hey, sorry to disturb your sleep but we’ll be at our destination in a while now.” Winter said, and Jimin suddenly looked away and fix her face after sleeping on the bus.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m just glad that you woke me up, don’t want to be left here you know.” She joked and damn, her humor is getting the best out of her because she just made Winter laugh again.

 

“For the record, I will not let you be left here alone, might as well have some company.” Winter pointed at herself.

 

Oh god, winter! mind your words because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter