iii

i can fix this

a/n: the italics are skippable, just the backstory if u wanted it <3

It had started out as an early morning supply run, using a group of 4 in hopes of keeping things quick and quiet. When sunlight started to seep through the murky sky they had started their journey on foot and managed to stay hidden until they had gotten to the store. 

 

Dahyun admitted she had mixed feelings about the run, sure the small group provided discretion but situations like this should always be well planned. Inside her beat-up pilot jacket, she kept one hand on her pistol at all times, prepared for a fight. 

 

 

Nothing could have prepared the group for the two masked men that came barreling towards them as soon as they entered the store, aiming down their sights and eager to shoot. 

 

They fired into the ceiling, shattering glass.

 

.

 

Dahyun and the three others put their hands up in a surrendering action while the masked men started screaming with..joy?

 

'WE GOT EM HOLY !'

'WAIT TIL BOSS FINDS OU-'

 

Their celebrations were short-lived, as the garbled groans of the infected started surrounding the entire parking lot of the store. 

 

Double .

 

The blonde girl acts fast, shooting the entrance to the store while making a run for the fire exit, the group following. The next 30 seconds were a blur as she looks back seeing a group of at least 10 or 12 biters limping towards the now open storefront, heading straight for the two clueless raiders. 

 

She sees the chubbier bandit grabbing onto one of the youngest and newest camp members, ready to use him as a shield. She sighs knowing she can't just leave him, remembering the face of his girlfriend when he left for the run this morning. 

 

Unable to get a clear headshot, Dahyun steadies her pistol and shoots his thigh. The raider lets go of the teenage boy and clutches at it, now spurting with crimson. 

 

Shoving the pistol back into her pocket, Dahyun backs up and prepares to meet back with the others until she feels a sharp slash across her cheek, along with a blow to the back of her head.

 

Dahyun stumbles only to see the much thinner, much more sinister-looking raider a few feet from her, holding a switchblade dripping with presumably her blood. 

 

'YOU THINK YOU CAN KILL US AND LEAVE WITH YOUR FRIENDS. IS THAT IT? NAH GIRLIE, IF WE'RE DYING TO THESE THINGS, YOU'RE COMING WITH U-'

 

To her absolute luck, a smaller, child-sized zombie had started gnawing on the brutes ankles, allowing Dahyun to sprint through the fire exit and regroup. Dahyun clutches at her face and tries to ease her shaking hands while they all rush back uphill to camp. 

 

-

 

‘It’s not even that bad, stop wasting your ti- JESUS.’ The injured girl remarked while swatting hands holding the offending cotton pad.

 

The older girl persisted and kept dabbing, much gentler this time. The jangle of Sana’s bracelets seemed to subside, and the low hum of the generator outside seemed to shave off a good chunk of awkwardness between the both of them.

 

'You wouldn't be complaining if you hadn't walked into a literal trap. Better yet if you had never gone in the first place. Tilt your head.'

 

Sana softly directs her, though her words weren't without inflexion.

 

Neither expected to be in this situation. In fact, this was actually at the top of Dahyun's ' this' list - being vulnerable. It had been hours since she had got back from the failed supply run and made a beeline

for her room in an attempt to avoid Sana at all costs. From the few conversations she'd had with the girl that hadn't ended in embarrassment or anger, she had learned that she studied nursing before the outbreak happened, so she became one of the only semi-qualified people on camp to treat any camper's medical needs. Though smiley and bubbly, Dahyun never could get past the fact Sana lived most of her life in a gated community, with two happy parents and a sheltered worldview in general.

 

'I went on that run because we need supplies for winter. You're not in your mansion anymore, Sana. Supplies run out. . That was on purpose!' Sana apologises but doesn't get any gentler.

 

'I KNOW that, Dahyun. I'm not the naiive bimbo you think I am. I'm saying if you keep throwing yourself into these messy situations, you'll come back with an injury I won't be able to fix. Now shut up and let me do this.'

 

The smaller girl huffs and picks at her jacket, stained a dark maroonish colour from where she had tried to hide the cuts on her face from an angry Sana. They were a lot deeper than she had thought, she would never admit it but she's thankful Sana is taking the time to clean her cuts. She brings her face up when the brunette girl softly lifts her chin with her fingertips to dab at the smaller cut on her cheekbone. Subconsciously, she leans into the touch.

 

She takes a quiet moment to admire the girl in front of her, patching her up. The way her nose scrunches a little when she pulls the cloth away and sees blood. The way she's so focussed on her task, she doesn't notice her own teeth dragging her bottom lip into every two seconds...or she's doing that on purpose.

 

'Hello? Dahyun? Anyone home?'

 

'Huh?'

 

Sana looked up at Dahyun with the ghost of a smirk on her face, giving Dahyun's cheeks a pinkish tint.

 

'I said is that better? Or are you not finished admiring me yet?' She asks again slowly with a tilt to her head.

 

Dahyun clears .

 

'You wish..and I guess that's better, yeah.'  A quiet thank you is mumbled.

 

The two girls get up from the stained mattress, careful not to knock over the plethora of candles in Dahyun's room. It's noon and there are still plenty of jobs to be done.

 

Before leaving, Sana in her bottom lip again and fumbles with her bracelets.

 

'You sure? You don't want me to..kiss it better or something?' Sana whispers, half-serious.

 

'Yes.' Their eyes meet.

 

Dahyun holds her breath, shocked at her own response. Yet she commits, eyebrows raised and expectant.

 

'Well are y-'

 

A pair of soft lips landed right on her cheek, and Dahyun swears to God she has never felt something so gentle in her life. On her other cheek, she feels the taller girl plant another kiss, just as delicate as the last.

 

To her disappointment, It ended as soon as it began. She is left with a new sensation in the pit of her stomach.

 

With a thumb brushing her cheek, Sana whispers her goodbyes and smiles to herself as she makes her exit, knowing she is being watched.

 

a/n: idk if i should make more zombie au one shots? pls lmk...my apologies if this wasn't great <3