01. CHAPTER 1

CHAIN OF HEART

Chapter 1 

 

back to the past 

 

[Ken Thitidorn Jungou] 

 

 

 

7 years ago 

 

 

The first time I met Din was when I was in my sophomore year at university. I remember that my best friend Phay was plotting to defeat my girlfriend by escaping for weeks by the end of the semester. Ngo Ai Hin who is my code sister in Uttaradit province. We, the storm's best friends, have been accompanied by more than ten lives.

 

 

After the storm was completed, all the friends who accompanied him decided to go to Phu Soi Dao on their own so that the two of them could be together privately. Father of the storm, Uncle Suchart, drove us to the foot of Phu Soi Dao Waterfall, which is considered the starting point for our hike to the top of the mountain which is the camping spot. By the father of the storm, he has contacted to reserve tents, porters, various equipment, and has asked the staff to recommend eco-trekking and follow-up safety for us on behalf of the university.

 

 

After the documents were certified, the forest staff took everyone up the mountain with another volunteer from the area to follow up with our team. A tall young man who could be said to be as tall as me, the tallest person in the university.

 

 

The boy's name was...Din. His face was so outstanding that even the two younger girls. Kale and Kale Still screaming uncontrollably, no matter what he asked for help, he did it without reluctance. Strong and proficient in trekking He knew almost every plant on this mountain. From what I've noticed, there must have been an experience of bringing a group of people up here many times.

 

 

Just walking up to the first hill known as the Khao Ji Cousin Noen, it even screams to return to the same position until it has to make chaos for a group of able-bodied men like us to keep pushing and encouraging each other. Plus, the backpack, bag, water bottle that I brought to the soil is still holding it all.

 

 

After passing the Immortal Slaughter Hill in the second spot, he entered the forest hill. Now many people in the group are starting to slow down because of fatigue, even we as athletes are not used to the wet hiking trails, but the boy named Din walks comfortably while he is still carrying his luggage. other to hold instead

 

 

The officer probably saw that we were getting tired, so we stopped walking for a while to introduce the trees. Mushrooms that grow in the mountains or even allow us to stop for photos periodically.

 

 

"Ha ha ha ha, oppa, I'm about to die." Kao Jee even gasped out, her pale face. "How far is it to reach the campsite?" Although Kao Jee turned to ask us, but the person who answered instead was that young man.

 

 

"Just passed halfway. If you are tired, let's take a rest first. The Suea Krong Hill and the Death Hill will be even steeper than here." I don't know if this is an encouragement or not, but the two girls are gazing at the path we walk. come up alone

 

 

"When the hill of death is over, it is the place to set up a tent. During December like this, it's not that easy to book in. There are many groups who miss the opportunity to experience nature. Let's try to the best. At night, the stars here are very beautiful. Don't you want to try to win over yourself?" His words even made the officer smile, and it really surprised me. Looking at it, this kid is probably the same age as me, but his mindset is a more dependable adult than me.

 

 

"Are you tired? Shall I carry something for you?" He put his hand in front of me as I looked at him that was full of bulky baggage, most of it from me. If I had to say that the heaviest thing would be a big camera with a lens that I intend to use to photograph the night sky.

 

 

"It's okay, I'm just okay, not so much." As rugby club vice-captain It wasn't so tiring that I couldn't get up, just said that I wasn't used to the route, probably cheaper.

 

 

"If not, then tell each other and don't resist. It will be difficult to get hurt soon." Din walked past me to the end of the group of conversations between Scorpions and Dirt, coming from behind me along the way.

 

 

"You guys are from Koolmiphak University in Bangkok, right?"

 

 

"Um, yes. My name is Mang Scorpion. I am in the second year of the Faculty of Communication Arts. As for the three of them, Kale, Kaojee and saved for a year..." Scorpion pointed to the group of friends of Nong Hin who were still almost behind.

 

 

"Arts and arts," said Din, before interrupting until I almost jumped out.

 

 

"Why do you think those three are in the arts?"

 

 

"I smelled the smell of pencil lead and traces of oil paint stuck in these bags. In other words, it's similar to my older brother, he also studied visual arts."

 

 

"Three of them are in the visual arts, yes, but that giant is in acting." The scorpion was referring to me, even if I didn't have to look around, I knew right away because the only person who majored in acting was only me.

 

 

"Quit bragging about you!" A safe voice came from behind him, as if he wasn't very pleased with the Scorpion. Although I know that these two are from Rayong too, but I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship, but if I had to guess, it would probably like a scorpion for sure, from the symptoms that Save it pulled. The scorpion's wrist was far from the boy named Din enough to know that he was jealous.

 

 

It took them almost six hours to reach the campsite at just 6.5km, not to mention the two girls on the trip. As soon as he arrived, he lay down in the yard without thinking of getting up and setting up a tent. must become a burden of soil and porters who came up before helping to pitch a tent to sleep

 

 

After that, Din took us all to walk around the sunset to take a commemorative photo, although that child volunteered to take the photo for himself, but the others wanted Din to participate in this memory together, so we went. Ask the tourists who came before us to take pictures for them. Din walked over and stood next to me with unspeakable eyes. I hadn't thought to myself that he was interested in me and for the first time in my life I felt my presence in someone's eyes as well.

 

 

The night of the tiring journey with the cold atmosphere amidst the fire of the land was all taken care of. Even many canned food was prepared as well. The Peanut Pork Soup was a strange taste that I had never eaten before. Although everyone in my family is a chef, even myself, I can cook almost all kinds of food, but I like the taste of canned food that is easy to cook. this

 

 

Our four tents were divided in pairs with kale and khao jee. Save with Scorpions Ai and Yuji and I are the only ones sleeping alone. As for the soil, he brought a sleeping bag to rest in front of the camp to take care of the order in order to prohibit the use of loud noise after 10 p.m.

 

 

In this pitch blackness, I picked up a big camera to get the best shot of the night sky, a tripod clipped under my armpit. There are several spots I've explored in the evening that are the most beautiful for astrophotography. The point that I chose must be airy and not covered by trees and that is the area around steep cliffs.

 

 

Midnight is when many tourists return to their tents to rest. It was completely dark outside, perfect for photographing the night sky without clouds obscuring it until you could see the stars twinkling in the sky. Step up to the point you aimed at before setting up a tripod. Communication arts students like us must learn the basics of photography already. The key trick is that this method uses a slow shutter speed, sets the iso (sensitivity) to 100, and then takes a test shot to find the best perspective.

 

 

The first picture was too attached to a tree branch that I had to move a little closer to the edge of the cliff. But this time, I wasn't careful with the slippery and rocky smash that caused me to lose my balance until my ankle turned backwards. The moment of life and death drew closer and closer.

 

 

Squat...

 

 

Someone grabbed my arm hard. Until he almost fell backwards, he turned into hugging the person in front of me that I still couldn't even see who it was.

 

 

"What is it? Is there any pain anywhere?"

 

 

I remember this voice very well, it was the voice of a child named Din. But before he could say anything, a sharp pain rose from his ankle.

 

 

"Ouch!" The child didn't say anything except turned left and right in the dark and lifted me up to sit on a large log.

 

 

"Wait a minute. Don't try to move, I'll be right back." Din ran back in the dark, I don't know why he followed me like this, but if he wasn't here, I would probably die or be seriously injured. After waiting for a while, a flashlight shines at my face as soil walks to bring back the tripod and camera. The other hand carried a small can of water.

 

 

"Let me hold a flashlight, please." Clay stuffed the flashlight into my hand. Before kneeling on the ground, I folded my pants legs up, slowly taking off my sneakers and socks without showing any disgust. Then immediately grabbed the flashlight in my hand and pointed it at my ankle. fingers pressed around

 

 

"The ankles are not swollen. Does this hurt?" I shook my head in denial.

 

 

"And here?" He pressed on the area under the axillary eye until I cried out of unbearable pain. A rugby player like me has a sprained foot. Shoulder dislocations are a common occurrence during player contact. Soil dipped the cloth in cold water, twisted until damp, and pressed it down to that point.

 

 

"It looks like it's probably nothing too much, after a week's rest, it will probably disappear. During this 72 hours, I tried to put a cold compress on it so that the veins wouldn't expand. It helps to reduce pain and swelling." Even though I knew how to act well when I was injured, I just nodded and listened to him without saying a word.

 

 

"Thank you Earth"

 

 

"It's okay, but later if you want to come out and take photos of the stars in the mountain forest like this, invite your friends to come along. It's quite dangerous to walk out alone like this." After putting a cold towel on me for a while. He picked up a roll of elastic bandage from his pocket. I lifted my toes and twisted them slightly outside my body before beginning to wrap the cloth as gently as possible.

 

 

"Will you go back to your tent and sleep so I can take you?"

 

 

"Please stay here for a moment. You can go back to sleep first." I looked up at the stars in the sky, its beauty made me smile.

 

 

"Then I will sit with your friend until you want to leave...but your name is..."

 

 

"Ken, you can call me Ken."

 

 

My symptoms were getting colder and colder until the soil noticed me rubbing my fingers around. The tall boy reached for the blanket by his side before draping it over my shoulder. He seemed to pay attention to every detail and it was me who was so nervous that I had to find a conversation to cover up the strange feeling that was building up. come from within

 

 

"Did you know there was a legend in China called a cowherd boy and a weaver girl? The seventh heavenly angel named Zi Yue fell in love with a cowherd named Niu Lang . Zi Yue's love was so great that she fled from heaven to marry a cow farmer Niu. Lang They had been in love with each other for many years until they had a son and a daughter. But then one day, Angel Zi Yu's mother sent soldiers to bring her back to heaven. With the love of Niu Lang's bond So he relentlessly followed those soldiers to help the woman he loved."

 

 

The soil began to sweep across the sky before turning to smile at me in the darkness. Now my eyes had grown accustomed to the darkness, then I continued.

 

 

"When Angel Zi Yu's mother saw that Niu Lang had no way of giving up. So she used a hairpin to draw a line in the air into a wide river that splits between the two of them so that they would never meet again."

 

 

"Angel Zi Yu's sorrow. Causing the father to feel very sympathetic to the child, he gave Angel Zi Yu the opportunity to meet Niu Lang for just one day in a year. On the day they meet, giant crows line up to form a bridge across the river that hinders them." I've enjoyed listening to this story since I was a kid in Hong Kong with my father.

 

 

"Summer Triangle, it consists of 3 stars in the sky, namely Vega (Vega) or Angel Zu Yu. As for Altair, it would be Niu Lang, and Deneb, acting as a swarm of crows. As for the river Ken said, it must be the Milky Way." Soil began to draw a triangular line in the sky, I didn't think anyone else had heard or understood this legend.

 

 

"When I was a kid, someone told me a similar legend like this, but in a Japanese way. Tanawata Festival Probably based on a Chinese fairy tale, but with a slightly different content, Ken would like to give it a listen."

 

 

I nodded to the youth who looked at me, his eyes reflected in the starlight.

 

 

"Fairy Orihime is the daughter of the King of the Sky, responsible for weaving at the Amanogawa River. Orihime's weaving skills were so beautiful that even his father would admire them. Yet she never went out or fell in love with any man. Until the King of the Sky was worried about his daughter, arranged for her to meet Hikoboshi, a young cowherd who lives on the other side of the Milky Way."

 

 

"When the two meet face to face After a while, the couple finally fell in love and got married. Once married, the Orihime fairy was not as diligent in weaving as usual. Meanwhile, Hikoboshi let the cows roam across the heavens in fury at their laziness. The father therefore separated the two from meeting again. block them with the Milky Way."

 

 

"The daughter, saddened by the loss of her beloved husband, asked her father to see her husband again. The father was defeated by his daughter's tears and allowed them to meet each year on the seventh day of the seventh month. But there is a condition that she must complete the work first."

 

 

until the day when they will meet again The couple couldn't cross the Milky Way to meet each other because there was no bridge to cross. Seeing this, the Orihime fairy sorrowed so deeply that the magpie flock came to the rescue with pity and built a bridge using their wings against each other. until she can cross the Milky Way to meet her lover."

 

 

"Although the two legends are slightly different, Love makes two people happy and love makes two people hurt. "

 

 

"Let's go back. Sitting here for a long time, Ken will be sick." I looked at the boy in front of me squatting down to the ground. The way he showed me what he was going to do.

 

 

"It's okay, soil. We can walk by ourselves."

 

 

"It would have been better if Ken only had a tripod and a camera. As for bringing Ken back, it's my duty." But he sighed at the boy's words until he had to agree, leaning on the back of the dirt, his arms wrapped around his shoulders. Honestly, I was worried that the shape. And my weight would be a little burden on the soil, but the soil stood up comfortably while both hands gripped my thighs.

 

 

...How long has it been since I rode on someone else's back like this? Probably with my father the last time was about six years old. The warmth of the soil slowly began to creep into my heart as I reached the sleeping tent. The soil opened and he looked a little surprised that I slept alone. When I finished sending my hair, the soil made me want to get up and walk out until I had to stretch his arm myself.

 

 

"You can sleep inside together."

 

 

"Yes, I'll go out and get some pain relievers and fever reducers first. Let's eat a little bit. Tomorrow I won't have the energy to get up to watch the sunrise." I looked behind the boy. Soon he returned with a pill and a bottle of water in hand.

 

 

"Elevating your legs a little higher than normal will help you sleep better." A sleeping bag was placed under the medicinal leg, causing me to fall asleep without realizing it.

 

 

The winter wind blows against the sleeping tent, waking me up in the middle of the night. I don't know if I'm cold right now because I have a fever or it's cold outside. It was so cold that he couldn't even sleep again, holding his arms curled up to keep him warm, but that didn't make him tremble any less.

 

 

Squat!

 

 

Clay's arms embraced him, pulling me closer to him. The breath that was pouring on the nape of my neck was warm enough to relieve the chills for the first time I had been able to sleep soundly in years.

 

 

A loud noise woke me up from my reverie once again. Looking outside, the sky was still dark as before, but now the person beside me had already woken up.

 

 

A lot... The zip sounded again as my eyes fixed on the person who was coming in.

 

 

"Oh, are you awake?" Din walked in with a towel and a can of water. "Wipe yourself a little. It's so cold that I can't take a shower by myself. Then I will be able to compress the ankle and wrap it again." Instead of rejecting the soil, I nodded in understanding and lifted my arm and pulled out my long sleeve shirt. Soil brought a damp cloth to wipe it on the back of the cold, causing it to startle out uncontrollably.

 

 

After he finished wiping himself off, he took off the cloth that was wrapped around his ankle and applied the cold compress repeatedly for a while, and then tightened his ankle again.

 

 

"Hurry up and let's go now, the others should be finished." The youth led me out to the front of the tent. He turned to take the crutches he was leaning on and sent them to him. "If I had Ken ride on my back now in front of my friends, wouldn't I? So I borrowed crutches from the office, but if I really can't walk, I'll carry Ken back myself."

 

 

Everyone keeps asking me what I've been doing until my legs are sprained. He didn't mean to hide anything, telling them all the truth except about the land that he slept in the tent and the story that he wiped himself that would never tell them. These bastards, if they knew about it, would have teased me until the day I died.

 

 

The rays of the sun were emerging behind the beautifully arranged mountains. Other groups of tourists prepared their cameras to take photos and it was so crowded that even the scorpions at the photography club prepared their cameras to capture these memories. If I don't know that I'm not good at walking, I will definitely insert another person.

 

 

Din must have noticed that I regret not taking pictures of the first light of the day, so he asked me to continue the conversation last night.

 

 

"Did you know the legend of the fairy Orihime? Some say that on the seventh day of the seventh month, the Hikoboshi cattlemen will carry Orihime across the Milky Way when the sun goes down and will carry Orihime back before the sun rises. Clay's smile that looked at me conveyed something that even I was shaken.

 

 

"It's like a coincidence. Ken's group came in just seven people. And Ken also likes to walk behind others, maybe Ken himself is an angel Zi Yu who is reincarnated." If someone else had said that, I would have thought that he was completely reckless, but when it was word of mouth. Of the soil, it made my heart skip a beat. until he had to hurry to escape from this situation

 

 

I jumped up and didn't even notice the slipperyness of Mae Khaning that was perched on the top of the grass on Phu Soi Dao. Even though I didn't fall too hard, it still caused my ankle to hurt even more. Until I have to be a burden of friends to help take me down from the top of the mountain. Where is it that the slope is not very steep? Soil would be the one carrying me until everyone was stunned by this child's strength.

 

 

After descending, the soil immediately split back up. No matter how much I wanted to ask for a way to contact him to thank him, it was because his mouth was too heavy to speak. After he left, he regretted not asking.

 

 

...I don't know if I will have a chance to meet Din a second time?

 

 

But if given that opportunity again, I would like to get to know this child better.

 

 

Uncle Suchart, our father, all drove us to Nong Hin's house, my Nong Kod, in the group because the house of a close friend that we stayed at right now has no one. Two shophouse massage parlors that are open as a family business at Hin are the only places to go. The storm urged us to wait here first and join us later.

 

 

Scorpion and Safe then drove out to pick up another best friend who refused to go to Phu Soi Dao together, but chose to go to their girlfriend's house with the name of the song. They said that after receiving the elven song, they would stop by to buy some ointment.

 

 

I sat and watched my friends happily massage on the bed. Soon Hin came down to us. Hin's parents kept interrogating the eldest son who had returned to Uttaradit Province for three days but refused to go into the house because he was always trying to adjust his understanding in the bed and the storm. night

 

 

"But what happened to Ken Kham?" When he was greeted about not returning home about his girlfriend. So the stone man tried to change the subject to me instead.

 

 

"It's a big foot, it's not a big deal."

 

 

"It's flickering, the stone bastard refuses to sleep. I wanted to take photos of the stars at night, so I almost missed the mountain. It's good that there was a handsome young man who helped and dared to carry this giant down from the hill most of the way. As for Scorpion and Safe, now they go to listen to music and elves and stop by to buy a muscle arthritis inhaler, they'll probably arrive in a while."

 

 

Deviating the issue of my sister code seems ineffective. Stone's father still finds a way to secretly ask this person who, until finally, almost all of his feelings are broken, but after looking at it, his father is not angry at all. Probably more worried about his son.

 

 

Crap... Someone slid the door from the back of the shop and both of our eyes immediately met.

 

 

Earth! Why is that child here?

 

 

"Eh!" Everyone, seeing the soil, exclaimed in unison.

 

 

"Phi Hin, my mother called me to help me prepare the side dishes." Din looked at me slightly before walking back into the back of the shop with the stone.

 

 

...This might be the starting point between me and the soil.

 

 

The Cursed Destiny of Zi Nui and Niu Lang

 

 

The love and separation between Orihime weavers and Hikoboshi cattle herders.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Illustration of this moment 

 

  Illustration of this moment 

 

 

 

 

 

​  

 

 

 

Vega and Altair are located on opposite sides of the Milky Way. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​ 

 

 

 

 

 

Fairy Zu Yu and Niu Lang reunited only one day a year with the crow as a bridge. 

 

(PS. The author's illustration is taken from the website of the National Astronomical Research Institute. This picture is probably the original from China, so the author can't confirm the exact origin. If there is any mistake, I apologize.)