my gift to you (i)

Last Love (마지막 사랑)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I need ideas for her present… our anniversary just passed and Christmas is on its way too.” Joohyun groans, covering her face with a pillow. “We haven’t had a chance to spend enough time together because of her project.”

Seungwan has been terribly busy with her architecture project on the new mall coming up in Jeju island. She didn’t even expect to get chosen to represent the branch here in Seoul but a rare opportunity should always be treasured. Although this project required Seungwan to fly over to Jeju quite frequently, the latter never complained. In fact, her colleagues had suggested she rent an apartment in Jeju island so it’s easier to work without the constant travelling back and forth. To everyone’s (more specifically, Joohyun’s) surprise and shock, Seungwan didn’t even waste time in denying that suggestion.

Joohyun was absolutely astounded by the decision, and she gave her girlfriend a huge earful for making a silly choice. It was an opportunity to get out of a boring city like Seoul and head over to a better place with lots of scenery, which is what Seungwan loves.

“I thought you already got her a new designing pad?”

“Yeah, but Seungwan needed it. Did you forget who spoilt it in the first place, you doofus?” Joohyun glares at the man lazing around on her sofa, a pout on his face.

Enter Jongin – Joohyun’s half-brother and her best friend. He comes over to their place often since his studio is rather nearby from here and he can’t afford an apartment of his own yet. At first, her girlfriend extremely confused at this man popping into her place, especially the one time he came in and Seungwan was in the shower. It’s safe to say Jongin had gotten his pummeled by several bath items. Fast forward to now, however, Joohyun suspects her younger brother has a crush on her girlfriend because Jongin tends to get all shy and bashful in front of Seungwan. I mean, who isn’t going to fall for someone like her lover, right?

Too bad Jongin’s never going to get the chance.

Jongin rolls his eyes before tossing a cushion at his sister’s face, “I didn’t even break it intentionally. If you hadn’t forced me to catch the cockroach for you, I wouldn’t have broken the drawing pad.”

Seungwan didn’t have to know that.

Joohyun simply told her girlfriend the drawing pad was broken in the process of catching a cockroach, but she didn’t tell Seungwan that she was hopping up and down the sofa (and onto Jongin’s back) in fear. With a swing of Jongin’s hand in an attempt to regain his balance, the drawing pad went flying off and crashing onto the ground.

“Anyway, Christmas is coming so why don’t you knit her a sweater?”

“What? You want me to… knit?” Joohyun narrows her eyes at her brother; the cheeky bastard knows she’s terrible with anything as delicate as that.

Jongin a brow in response; he said what he said. He said that with a purpose, of course. Too bad his sister becomes such a half-wit about anything and everything when it involves Seungwan.

“Use this opportunity to test her! Knit her the ugliest sweater you’ve ever seen or imagined, and ask her to wear it. I’ve seen people do it to their partners as a little joke but why not? Seungwan would wear it, I’m sure.”

See, typically Joohyun would refuse any idea at Seungwan’s expense because it’s immature and childish but it sounds fun. After all, Seungwan is one who is particular about the design of clothes; she never wears anything that isn’t monotone.

“That’s actually not such a bad idea. Thanks, Jongin.”

“You’re welcome, Noona.”

 

 

The sound of keys rattle in the doorway, and Joohyun comes running out of their home office with her knitting pins in one hand. She misses her girlfriend more than ever, after realizing how difficult knitting actually is. The entire afternoon had been nothing but a torture game, not to mention Jongin’s laughter every time she missed a loop. Seungwan has tried her hand at it and gave up ever so quickly, with Joohyun having a good laugh at her.

“Honey…”

“Hey! What’s gotten into you?” Joohyun mumbles, arms still raised in the air. She knows something’s wrong with her baby, judging by the sad tone and despondent posture.

Seungwan doesn’t respond, nuzzling her face deeper into Joohyun’s exposed shoulder. What better way is there to fix her spoilt day other then bask in the love of her girlfriend? Although she never expressed it before, she’s glad Joohyun quit that part-time job of hers.

Coming home to her lover every night is such a blessing.

The exhausted woman allows herself to be dragged towards their sofa, still hugging Joohyun like a koala. She whines when the warmth disappears, only to sigh with relief when a kiss is planted on her forehead.

“Tell me about your day, baby.”

Joohyun tenderly brushes Seungwan’s bangs away from her forehead, caressing the latter’s cheeks.

“Well… you know the sketch I had for the new cabinet? I wanted to put in a little bit of black but I guess the boss didn’t really like it so she tore up my sketch and just called me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter