With Her

Days With Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fruity scent of the air freshener welcomed me at the living room. There a huge flower vase sitting in the top of the glass coffee table at the center, with the L shaped sofa on the left side.

I came here to ask for her to give me a chance. For the last time.

Karia Yu, the woman that I've fallen for. She actually rejected me for countless times, my friends and hers knew it. I even asked for her parents and that I got a permission to court her but she's so against it.

But today, there's something weird in her eyes.

"One month, Winter." She said it firmly.

"Date me in one month, sing me a song every day, give me flowers, make me special, carry me to my bed every night. In one month."

"If I do that, will you give me a chance?" I asked.

Then she giggled, avoiding my eyes, "Hmm, maybe. Maybe not."

That made me happy, I will gladly took the chance to make her feel and see that my feelings for her were sincere and true.

Every day, I made her feel special. I took her out on dates. We travelled on places she wanted to go. With every chance I see, I secretly took a picture of her smiling. Of course, the flowers!

One of my favorite things to do is take her on a stroll at the park. We just walked hand by hand and tell jokes that we were the only ones that gets to hear.

Every single day, I gave her a single rose. It never failed to make her blushed. I don't care anymore if she'll ever give me a chance after this. I will take every moment I get to make her happy.

And at the end of the day, before she sleeps. I always carry her to bed.

"Winter, am I pretty?"

Why this beautiful lady will asked me that?

"You are more than beautiful, Karina. You...just holding you like this is still surreal to me because for me, you're a goddess while I am a mere mortal loving you from afar."

Karina jokingly smacked my shoulder as I tucked her in.

"You're ethereal, Karina. You are the sky to my stars." I said softly as I held her hand to my cheek, savoring her warm.

Does she even know how lucky I am to have a chance to get close to her? I am wondering on what on earth did I do to have a chance to watch her fall asleep. She could've find someone better like me, a man who is handsome and smarter than me.

Instead, she chose me.

But I realized something and I'm sure she also know it — that my feelings for her are sincere and real and I am the only one who can love her unconditionally, the kind where it don't expect something and return, the kind where I would gladly sacrifice myself just for her.

Days turned into weeks. This became our routine.

Before the day ends, I always tucked her in and watched her sleep. Karina requested it. I noticed some changes on her physical appearance. If I only knew the inevitable.

"Why does it feel like getting lighter?" I asked her one time.

"It's all in your mind, Winter." She said then giggled.

Maybe, it's all in my head. Maybe my arms were getting used to her weight.

I tucked her in, then held her hand.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

She closed her eyes and smiled, "A little bit."

"Do you want me to get you another blanket?"

Karina shook her head, "Just hold my hand until I fall asleep."

My heart felt fuzzy upon hearing that. I gladly obliged on her request as I tightly held her hand. I really love her, what can I do?

I didn't even noticed this day will be the last of this month.

Karina looked different today.

She's pale and looked thin.

"Karina..." I called her.

She looked at me with a dull eyes. Those eyes that used hold stars were now have nothing but void. What did I missed?

"Baby?" I called her again.

"Tuck me in, please. I am tired and sleepy." She requested.

I prepared for a picnic but if she don't feel well, then we can do it for another time.

Karina opened her arms for me, like she's a little kid waiting for me to carry her.

I easily lifted her from the couch, "Wow, you're so light."

She chuckled, "Just because your arms got stronger."

I hummed in response. Karina wrapped her arms around me and buried her face on the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent. Her breathe tickled me.

"Your smell really calms me." She whispered.

I carried Karina to her bed then gently tucked her in like a baby. My baby.

She's really pale.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look so white, babe."

Again, she chuckled.

"I am fine, Winter. I just need to sleep."

"Do you want me to—"

"Actually, can you do me a favor?" She cut me off.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you...go to Mom and Ningning? Take them here." Her voice were getting weaker, like she's really sleepy.

"If that's what you want."

"Winter?"

"Yes?"

Karina held my hand, then kissed it softly.

"Come close." She said to me, I leaned in closer.

She cupped my cheeks with her cold hands, then kissed my forehead, "Thank you for loving me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter