Final

My baby got back
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Nayeon plopped down on the sofa with an exaggerated sigh. They just finished their SBS Inkigayo stage performance for the newest comeback, and she was exhausted. The sofa yelped in response with a voice that Nayeon had been familiar with for the last 6 years, or seven? She's too tired to count, and too tired to move now. Either Momo had to move, or she had to stop whining. Nayeon wasn't going to bug. Were they getting old? She used to not be this tired after just a performance. How could they hold up a concert now?

 

Nayeon closed her eyes, deciding this wasn't a good time to think too much, so she didn't. She laid still, watching other members sprawling on every clean surface they could find. Maybe it's not only Nayeon who's getting old, huh? That's comforting and terrifying at the same time. They were all getting old! Oh right, not a good time to get conscious about her age. She would let future Nayeon worry about it, or not at all.

 

 

She let her eyes roam the room to find the familiar figure that she loved. Well, she loved all her members, but this person was the most special of all, her girlfriend. Nayeon narrowed her eyes when she found the figure, who was hunching in a corner and frowning deeply as she scrolled her phone. Weird. She knew Jeongyeon was tired, she had trouble catching up in the rehearsal too. So why wasn't she resting like others but chose to look at her phone. Considering her frown and darkened face, Nayeon knew it wasn't something pleasant.

 

Momo shifted under her, complaining about how heavy she was and Nayeon took it as her clue to move.

 

"Babe. What's cha doing?" She whispered, and before Jeongyeon's phone was hastily put away, she caught a glimpse of the illuminating screen. It's the video of their newest performance and she noticed Jeongyeon's thumb was lingering at the comment section.

 

"Nothing." Jeongyeon sighed tiredly. "I was watching our last performance." She added when the older pouted at her.

 

"Are you reading the comment section again?" Nayeon probed, gently taking Jeongyeon's phone from her hands. The other's silence confirmed her suspicion. "You know it's not healthy right?" Her pout had gone, replaced by a gentle but serious look. The internet was an unforgiving place for idols like them.

 

"I know." The younger didn't meet Nayeon's eyes. "It's just... I watched the video, and what they said is true. I looked fat."

 

Nayeon gasped loudly, making Mina and Chaeyoung, who were lounging around the nearest duffle chair, turn to look. Even Jihyo shot them a questioning gaze. Nayeon waved them off. She'd explain later if need be.

 

"No you're not! Honey, look at me."  She guided Jeongyeon's face up to meet her eyes. "You're not fat. What's wrong with gaining a few? You just came back from a dark place. You fought and won, and I’m so proud of you for that. You are strong and beautiful as ever. Don't listen to them!"

 

Jeongyeon closed her eyes and nuzzled into Nayeon's neck. "Thank you, Nabong." But Nayeon knew she wasn't totally convinced.

 

At that very moment, Nayeon decided to show Jeongyeon how beautiful she was regardless of what society told her.

 

It’s easier said than done.

 

===

 

Their schedules were packed. Somedays, when they finally got back to the dorm, it’s a miracle they could drag themselves to their own bed. Some didn’t make it and fell on the sofa instead. It’s not Nayeon (it’s Sana and Momo) but she figured there’s nothing she could do in their shared bedroom, yet. Begrudgingly and reluctantly, she opted for other options. (She would definitely come back to this option later.)

 

===

 

The backstage of Music Bank was crowded, which shouldn’t be surprising, but Nayeon was in a hurry and she would evaporate those people if she could. Other groups and solo artists stopped by to congratulate on their win, and though Nayeon really appreciated it, she had somewhere to be now!

 

The oldest member heaved heavily when she reached Twice’s resting room, cursing herself for being a social butterfly of the group. All the other members had been here before her and Nayeon could only wish she would make it in time. Much to her horror, Jihyo already held a small flower basket in her hands and read out the card.

“To the most beautiful girl in the world.”

 

Before Nayeon could find something to say, declaring that was her gift for Jeongyeon without receiving endless teasing from the members, Jihyo already claimed.

“Must be for Tzuyu then.”

 

Of course, all the other members nodded in agreement and didn’t wait a second to tease the youngest. Seeing Tzuyu’s sheepish yet happy smile, Nayeon didn’t have the heart to correct them. Instead, she walked to where Jeongyeon was sitting and sat down next to her.

 

“I think you’re the most beautiful girl.” She whispered, nuzzled into her girlfriend’s neck. She can feel Jeongyeon smiling at her remark and crouching down to kiss her. But before the other girl could do or say anything, a whine interrupted them.

 

“Eww. Jihyo, they’re being disgustingly in love again! My eyes, my innocent eyes!” Momo wailed, as if she wasn’t just a few days younger than Jeongyeon. “No need to rub in our faces that you’re happily in love and we’re not!”

 

The Japanese continued to whine, until Jihyo came over to stop her, before she could spill the whole group’s love life to any prying ears. But the moment was lost, and Nayeon must settle with snuggling up to her girlfriend in silence.

 

===

 

"This is so soft

Please log in to read the full chapter