tutor (or distract) me

all I need are a million reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Scoot over, oppa. You’re hogging all the space.”

 

Jongkook looks down at the desk, their textbook and notes sprawled all over. He likes his spot right beside Jihyo; it’s cosy and warm and well, beside her. 

 

“I’m not!” He protests, less of annoyance and more of bemusement. “You’re the one leaning onto me.” 

 

Jihyo shakes her head in denial, deciding to move away. “Not anymore.”

 

He frowns, only because he doesn’t like it when she’s in any way further away from him. Forgetting all about the cameras, he shuffles closer to her again, a boyish grin on his face. “I’ll just move closer to you.”

 

“Oppa.” She laughs, but he notes that she doesn’t pull away. “Oppa, you’re on camera.”

 

“I’ll just switch it off then.” It takes less than two seconds to reach over to turn off the annoying device recording in front of them. “See? Now we can concentrate.”

 

“On the mission?” Jihyo questions, gesturing to the heavy textbook. “Or something else?”

 

“I don’t like the mission. Memorizing is boring and I have faith in you to succeed.” Jongkook smiles, resting his chin on her shoulder. “Shh. Don’t tell Bopil.”

 

“He’s going to find out because you switched off the camera.” She pokes him gently, this time leaning her head on his. “You would have been a terrible boyfriend in school. You distract all your ex girlfriends like this?”

 

“Mmm. They weren’t you so they never got tutoring from me.”

 

“Yah, are you saying I’m dumb?”

 

“No, I’m saying I never wanted to tutor them like I’m tutoring you.” He places a hand on her cheek before she can pout. 

 

“Lucky them, because I’m not learning much with you distracting me.” Jihyo turns towards him, laughing softly. 

 

“Shut the books, Jihyo ah.” Jongkook orders, completely forgetting where they were. “We can do this later.”

 

It’s dangerous to be filming in a dimly lit room with only a desk light and one camera (now turned off) in front of them. She’s just inches away from his lips and he’s doing a poor job of keeping his hands to himself while they were trying to film a variety show. So she leans in, her own self restraint crumbling—

 

“Ok I was all for exposing you on my camera but this has gotten too far.” 

 

They jump apart at the voice behind them, Jongkook nearly falling over in his ridiculously small chair. It’s Jihyo who recovers first, her instinct to bury her head in the textbook they had open, pretending to concentrate on the words. “What, oppa? We’re studying for the quiz.”

 

“No you weren’t!” Ha Ha accuses, already getting up from his desk to interrogate them. “I saw you clearly trying to sneak a kiss in!” 

 

“That means you weren’t paying attention to your own books, you punk.” Jongkook hisses, glaring at his annoying dongsaeng. 

 

“It’s not like Bopil is going to use any of the footage.” Ha Ha smirks. 

 

“There isn’t any because I turned off the camera.” 

 

“Both of them?”

 

“Yeah— wait, what do you mean both?” Jongkook looks back to the table, moving the books and pencils away. Lo and behold, there’s a camera staring right back at him behind the pencil case, the red light blinking as if it was mocking him.

 

“Oops.” Jihyo mumbles, shaking her head. It’s on her side too, but with all the fuss about memorizing, she had forgotten to check. It would have recorded their private conversation or worse, their faces. 


"Two of you here and you didn't think to check for two cameras." Ha Ha watches by the side with glee — his hyung was clearly going red with embarrassment, or was it anger? That’s fine, he’ll just take the risk. “You like role playing, hyung? Because we’re pretending to be students studying for the college exam so—“

 

Jongkook is out of his seat in a flash, one muscular arm reaching out to grab Donghoon and the other covering his mouth. “Say another word and I will send you to the hyungs.”

 

“Oppa, you’re going to hurt him.” Jihyo, kind-hearted, precious and Ha Ha’s favourite Mapo gu sibling, comes to his aid. 

 

“Don’t try any funny business, Donghoon.” Jongkook reluctantly lets him go, placated by his girlfriend. “And go back to studying!”

 

“Yes, hyung.” Ha Ha cowers, sending Jihyo a thankful glance. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter