Oneshot

Through The Window

Yeji had just moved a month ago into her new apartment.

Coincidentally, her bedroom window was directly adjacent to her neighbor's bedroom window, making it easy to see the other person's every action. This 'other person' also happens to be her friend, Chaeryeong, who Yeji undoubtedly had a crush on.

Dropping her keys on the table, Yeji hung up her coat and headed to her bedroom. Just a few weeks ago, she had discovered that her bedroom window faced Chaeryeong's, and she often found herself staring into the other girl's room. Today, Chaeryeong was nowhere to be seen. Strange. She was usually in her room, whether it was reading book, or feeding her two dogs.

Now the two friends had only met a few months ago, but Yeji had already found herself head over heels for Chaeryeong, and it broke her heart to know the shorter girl would never feel the same way. Glancing back out the window, the older girl's eyes widened and she quickly ducked her head as she saw Chaeryeong coming back into her bedroom.

Peeking over the windowsill cautiously, Yeji raised her head a little higher to get a better look at what her crush was doing. Her month immediately ran dry as she noticed Chaeryeong hunched over her wardrobe, in only a bra and . Quickly pivoting around so her back was to the wall, the dark-eyed girl tried to calm her erratic breathing and rapid heartbeat. Taking a good 10 minutes to do this, she gave in to the urge to look back into Chaeryeong's bedroom.

By now, the younger girl was out of the shower, a towel wrapped around her slim body and her hair wet and tousled ily. Yeji watched her rummage through her drawers, supposedly looking for a clean set of clothes. Sighing, Yeji stood up from the floor, deciding that she needed to do something productive. Seriously, she needed to stop creepily spying on her best friend.

Just the day after, Yeji was there by the windowsill again, 'observing' Chaeryeong as she liked to call it, as she could not admit that she was spying. This time, her love interest had just gotten back from the gym, and it looked like she had a really intense workout. Her hair was pulled up into the bun and she was dressed scarcely in a sports bra and a pair of tiny workout shorts. Sweat dripped down her toned stomach and she ran a hand through her damp hair. Yeji subconsciously bit her lip, her mind conjuring up dirty thoughts.

A week later, Yeji was walking along the pavement outside her apartment, when a familiar shade of red hair caught her eye. Turning her head, her eyes met those of Chaeryeong's, and a smile crossed both girls' lips. Walking closer to the younger girl, she hugged her, feeling slender arms wrap around her waist.

"Haven't seen you in a while, y'know?" she said, breathing against the red's ear.

"Really? I see you every day, watching me through the window" Chaeryeong whispered, winking flirtatiously.

"Enjoy the show, unnie?"

Yeji's eyes widened.

"W-wait, you knew?"

"Of course, silly. Next time you spy on someone through the window, try to be less obvious", Chaeryeong replied, giggling.

Somehow Yeji suddenly felt like she somewhat had a chance with Chaeryeong.