Sonido de mi guitarra

Sonido de mi guitarra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon didn’t know how to express her emotions until her very own friend Mina gave her a guitar.

What makes guitars unique? Is it because of the strings, the sound resonating, or the unsaid emotions flowing through your veins?

Would you rather wait for people to stop courting the person you like and be a standby just sitting around or just go for it?

This is, sonido de mi guitarra.

 

It was a Thursday afternoon, in their section’s classroom vibing out to the hours of homeroom time. With nothing else to do, Nayeon was left with an option to observe her surroundings. With typical girls fixing and making up from their unsolved issues, to boys making a throw on to an imaginary basketball ring… specifically dunking, and the group of people who’d make a mess out of the other classmates napping on to their desks.

Nayeon sighs, as she really couldn’t make up anything in mind. Well, other than her seatmate Mina who was tapping her shoulder for the past consecutive minutes of Nayeon looking around, Mina slaps her with a handkerchief.

“Ma’am--” Nayeon got shaken out of her dull moment.

“If that was the only way to make you pull out of your random zone moments, I’d do this every time, Nayeonie.” The blonde smirks.

While the brunette starts to occupy in again on to her thoughts, “Was she ever blonde? When did she, when did she dye her hair? Mina’s glowing today. I’m jealous of her.”

*Poink*

“Hey!”

“Nayeonie, you were out. Again. You were looking at me as if I was a ghost or some sort.”

“Is it bad to stare? For a pretty girl like you?” Nayeon tests out.

Mina had a blank stare right on her face, resisting the urge to be flustered over a silly compliment. “Let’s get you something for you to be entertained at least once, Nayeonie.”

Surprised with the 0% reaction, Nayeon blurted out. “You ignored my compliment, Minayah.”

“Technically, I did but I heard it so, no, I didn’t. It’s already a common and normal thing for me to know due to the fact, I am really pretty.” Mina blows out a kiss.

Nayeon wants to take it back, but for a second or two, She decides she won’t. Who wouldn’t admit that the Myoi Mina is pretty right? Whoever will say that Mina isn’t gorgeous, Nayeon’s printing up all the bond papers she has at her house with the word “idiot” on it.

Nayeon metally rolls her eyes. “Okay, pretty lady, what do we do, what do we get for us to be entertained?”

“You mean you, right? Not us. You! I’m right here actively doing the remaining homework I have, Nayeonie.”

“I was about to listen to some music but I got a dead battery on my phone.” Nayeon scoffs.

Then a lightbulb moment occurred to Mina.

“Nayeonie, Come with me.”

“That’s what she said.”

“That’s not what I meant!”

 

And as they first asked permission from their class president, the pair went on to a path towards the Audio Visuals Room. Apparently, that’s where they keep musical instruments as well. Upon entering the room, with nobody on the counter, thankfully there is a tap bell available.

“What are we even doing here, Minari?”

The blonde shrugs, not wanting to spoil what she has in mind. “You’ll see.”

“You haven’t tapped the bell yet, Mina.”

Nayeon slowly arranges her eyes from the direction of the bell to Mina not wanting to embarrass her friend, she tries not to laugh.

Mina’s standing there with a full blown tomato face. “Oh, right.” She brings her fingers up to the counter and gently taps the bell while they wait for a faculty member to go out.

While Nayeon couldn’t hold it any longer, she broke out in fits of laughter, “You might as well take a break from homework, Mina. It’s inserting the exhaustion within you and your senses.”

 

Mina remarked, “It’ll soon be your turn too, Im.”

Still wiping the tears of laughter from her eyes she asked, “Huh?”

“Yeah, once I get a hold of the guitar, I’ll be knocking that instrument down on your dummy head.”

 

 

“What am I supposed to do with a guitar?” Holding the instrument as if it were a rifle, Nayeon’s playing it as if she were a trained soldier.

Meanwhile, Mina’s regretting her life choices. Giving Nayeon something else to do other than daydreaming.

She grasps the neck of the guitar in one hand and Nayeon’s hand in the other. She places Nayeon’s left hand on the frets while the other would be at the sound hole. “This. This is how you properly hold one, Nayeonie, not the other way around.”

“I knowwww.”

“May I see you play a song then?”

Nayeon blushes over the thought of singing a song for Mina, she wishes she still had memorized the so-long forgotten song she helplessly wrote back when they were in 8th grade.

She must find that certain song on a certain paper she wrote on, after all, that sole piece was and still is designated for Mina.

“Sure, let me start up with nursery songs to get this session lit up.”

“Am I seriously gonna get to listen and see you jamming to nursery rhymes up to dismissal time, Nayeonnie?”

“I mean, you want me to be entertained, you brought me with you so we would end up with a guitar, and now we’re here!”

The blonde wanted to get this over with, “You’re welcome.”

Nayeon bows as she begins the guitar session with, “If You’re Happy And You Know It.”

 

The school bell ringing resonates the school ground indicating that it’s dismissal time. Nayeon rocking her fingers to the strings of the borrowed guitar ending her last song for the day, while Mina’s presence of mind is nowhere to be found.

Nayeon knocks the top of Mina’s head, “Ding dong.”

“And you’re finally finished, I AM FREEEEE!”

Baffled, Nayeon stated, “You’re gonna have to get used to this, Myoi, there’s no way I’d borrow a guitar everyday. I’ll probably get myself my own guitar!

“Yah! Are you for real?”

“You may be dreaming, but I am really real.”

Mina facepalms, her friend didn’t get exactly what she said. She stands up from her chair making a turn to the right to make an exit from the classroom.

 

“Wait up, Minayah! Don’t you get it? I’m reaall!!”

“Go home, Im! You’re the one who needs to rest!”

 

Five minutes after Mina left, Im Nayeon here, is still reflecting and walking of what Mina had said. “Are you for real? But I am real! What does she mean by— O h, damn, I really am slow huh.”

 

The self-proclaimed guitarist returned the guitar on her own, decided for herself she could actually purchase a guitar on her way home today.

 

Whistling a soundful tune by entering the nearby music store, Nayeon found herself in front of the back of a familiar girl she knows, no other than the Myoi Mina.

“Well, hello there, what brings you here Minari?”

Mina standing right in the center of the store holding a guitar in her hand, simply letting her fingers gently grazing alongside the strings of the instrument, turned to Nayeon.

She tries not to be obvious so she says, “I’m only here to fascinate myself with these instruments, gaze at them as if they were art, and by playing instruments makes music and with music produces art.”

“You got a deep root of a statement there, I respect that. Anywho, I’ll be purchasing one right now.” Nayeon excitedly exclaims.

 

Once Nayeon turned to the guitar section, Mina as quick as lightning brought the object in her hand to the cashier to give Nayeon the one of the possible joyous entertainment in Nayeon’s life.

After packaging the guitar with a case along with a red ribbon along with it, the cashier handed it to Mina.

Mina walks towards the gal who still is checking out the guitars she wants to buy, tapping the brunette’s shoulder.

“Hey.” Mina shyly smiles.

“Hi??” Nayeon puts up with the same energy.

Mina slowly reveals what she has on the back of her hands and hands it to Nayeon. “Here.”

Bewildered, Nayeon stuttered, “Is that, is that for me? I don’t wanna be a feeler or anything but is that for someone or..”

“Isn’t it obvious, Im?” Mina giggles.

Nayeon mimicking the exact line of what the blonde ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter