Lovers Rock

Lovers Rock
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The song starts from a violin based melody.

 

Nayeon enters the ballroom the exact second the chord dropped.

 

Are you sick of me?

Would you like to be?

I’m tryna tell you something

Something that I already said

 

Nayeon never wanted to attend the reunion in the first place. She doesn't have anybody to be with, and all of her friends are too busy waltzing to the rhythm of the current song playing in the background. 

 

She’d done the long overdue confession she had in her heart and soul. Been wanting to confess for a long time. She had the courage to ask out the certain person in mind that she's been meaning to be with. But things didn’t turn out the way she wanted it to be. 

 

Nayeon took a moment to examine the scene in front of her, you may think she's looking into the place itself, but you're mistaken.The only scenery the woman has in mind is Mina. The one and only view she'd desire to wake up and see everyday for the rest of her life.


 

" I truly realised I want to ensure that whenever I get to take care of you, I'll do it with my will and fulfill the life you ever wish. I'd keep you safe from any harm and if I get to spend every second with you, I'll make the best out of it. But, all of this stays on my mind and thoughts. "


 

Nayeon snaps out of her misery and begins proceeding to one of the corners of the room. She stands still watching her from afar feeling content as she will ever be.

 

“It must be nice to be noticed. It must be nice to be loved back.”




 

The rooftop is where it all started, at first, it was Mina’s space for it to be her breather but one day, she was about to push the door open but another presence happened to be bumped in the other side. Mina was kind to aid the stranger’s forming bump on her forehead as they sat on the rooftop floor.

 

Nayeon familiarizes  her own eyes to gaze upon the lady’s sculptured face. She ponders, “Have I perhaps seen you before? And please, I do not wish that you are a ghost for I will dash out and faint on my existence.”

 

The lady remarked, “No, I don’t think so. Secondly, what made you think that I, myself, is a ghost, stranger?”

 

“To start off, not gonna lie, you’re pale-- intimidating to look at, so it seemed like I’m one of the characters in a horror film that would die the first out of all the characters. Because one, instead of running away, I chose to stand still and eyes wide open making me look stupid and bump my forehead along the way!”

 

“Pabo! That’s preposterous and what made you even ascend to this floor? This rooftop is known to be my current favourite place in the world so, if you mind, keep your off of my territory. PLUS, I’ll take the first part of your statement as a compliment for I admit it myself that I look intimidating.

 

“I don’t see any signs that entitles you to be the owner of this territory, ma’am.”

 

“Thanks for reminding me, I must engrave my initials onto this place. My name's Myoui… Myoui Mina. And you are?”

 

“Are you seriously implementing a James Bond impersonation? That’s whack, Myoui.” 

 

“I’m this close to pushing you off of this floor, stranger. Tell me your name or else-.”

 

The stranger chuckled, “Woah, ey, yo, wao, calm your beans! I’m just kidding, you did an amazing job on impersonating James Bond. Anywho, pleasure to meet you, I’m Nayeon, Im Nayeon.




 

Years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter