Falling for my friend…

Why can’t you love me?

 

The next day

4minute’s dorm

‘Why is my twitter flooded with fans asking for Gayoonie and Doojoon-oppa?’ whined Hyuna entering the living room with her phone on her hands.

‘So, I’m not the only one?’ said Sohyun looking up from her bowl of cereal to her unnie.

‘Nope, I have tons of messages too, most of them asking for your relationship with Doojoon-oppa’ Jiyoon said looking directly to Gayoon.

‘Huh?’ Gayoon seemed surprised. ‘My relationship with Doojoon-oppa? Why?’

‘I don’t know, you tell me’ Jiyoon said lifting an eyebrow and smirking.

Jihyun, that was in that moment at the computer, spoke. ‘Hey, check this out!’

‘What?’ Sohyun got behind her leader staring at the screen.

‘“B2ST’s Doojoon wants 4minute’s Gayoon as a girlfriend?”’ read the leader in English. (A/N: http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/b2sts-doojoon-wants-4minutes-gayoon-as-a-girlfriend)

‘WHAT????!!!’ three girls stood up their seats and ran towards the computer.

‘“On a recent recording of MBC Every1‘s ‘Weekly Idol‘, B2ST‘s Doojoon was chosen as the #1 boyfriend idol by his female idol counterparts!”’ Jihyun read slowly. Her English wasn’t that good, but the other girls understood. ‘Blah blah blah…’ she skipped a couple of paragraphs and then continued reading. “After delivering the results, the MC asked him which female idol he would like as a girlfriend, to which he chose 4minute‘s Gayoon without any hesitation”…’

Gayoon got pale. ‘What…?’

Four faces turned to look at the ice-queen girl. She was undaunted.

A huge smile grew in Jiyoon’s and Hyuna’s faces.

‘I knew it!’ said the charisma girl swinging her fist in the air celebrating. Hyuna wrapped her arms around Jiyoon and both girls starting to jump making circles. It didn’t take long for Sohyun to join them too.

‘I never thought Doojoon-oppa would confess his love in National television’ Jihyun said smiling. She was pretty much amused at her friend’s reaction to the news.

‘Are you guys really going to believe what an Allkpop’s article say?’ Gayoon retorted getting back in her senses.

The three maknaes weren’t listening, they were too busy spazzing all over the apartment to hear what Gayoon wanted to say.

‘Sometimes those articles have some truth’ Jihyun said smirking at her friend that was with the most hopeless expression.

‘You too?’ Gayoon moved her eyes to her leader and let out a sigh. ‘I’ll be in the room…’ the girl said walking away from the hyper members and heading to the bedroom with an unreadable face.

 

Gayoon POV

‘There must be something wrong…’  I let myself fall on my bed. ‘There is no way that Doojoon-oppa do something like that’

I searched for my phone and unblocked the screen. I stared at it until it went black again. I unblocked it again and opened the messaging application.

“Oppa, what’s with the news today? Did you really like me that much? You should have said it to me. LOL!” I wrote to Doojoon-oppa in the more teasing way I could think in that moment. I pressed send and waited…

‘What will he say…? That he’s too shy to tell me…?’  I started daydreaming of the possible answers he would give me when I felt my phone vibrating on my hand. I snapped in reality and opened the message.

“Yah! Do you really wanna die? Watch the show!”

I half smiled at his reply. ‘That is so him… What was I thinking when it occurs to me that he would say something like he’s “shy”…? Gosh Gayoon, what were you expecting? It’s Doojoon for chrissake’

I felt the phone vibrating again. Another message from Doojoon-oppa.

“You were the one that said you wanted me to be your boyfriend first anyways”

‘What?’ I got surprised.

“Who told you that?” I typed hastily.

“MCs-hyungs” he replied instantly. I gasped and while I was thinking of what should I type, another message arrived. “Why didn’t YOU tell me that you liked me that much?”

I scoffed. ‘You’ve got to be kidding me!’ I said out loud and dialed his number as fast as I could. The phone rang one time and then he answered.

‘Are you kidding me? I just found out that YOU said in National television that you chose me as the female idol you want to date, and now you’re throwing the ball back to me?’

I heard him laughing at the end of the line. ‘Gayoonie, why are you so pissed?’

‘You have any idea how many antis I’m going to get because of this prank of you?’ I got seriously mad.

‘How do you know is a prank? As far as I know, it can be a prank from you’ he said calmly.

‘What?’ I wasn’t following…

‘I’m not lying, Hyundon-hyung and Donny-hyung said you chose me as the male idol you wanted to date’

I remained silent. I vaguely remember the guy asking for which idol I wanted to date… ‘Oh, crap…’

‘Gayoonie, tell me, were they lying?’ Doojoon-oppa asked slowly.

‘Oppa, I gotta go. Talk to you later. Bye’ I rushed the words and hanged up.

‘!’ I hit the wall. ‘This is all your fault Gayoon… You thought no one would notice your name on that “vast” list of girl names…’

My phone started ringing. I stared at the screen and saw Doojoon-oppa’s name on it. ‘I’m not answering…’ I turned the sound off and let it ring.

‘Gayoonie~’ Jiyoonie’s voice came from the door. I turned and saw her flying dangerously towards me. I couldn’t even move when she landed on my lap.

‘What are you doing, move away’ I tried to push her but she tightened her grip.

‘Now that you have a boyfriend you forgot about me?’ she asked faking a frown.

‘The hell are you talking about? Move!’ I pushed her again.

‘What did he say about the article?’ Jiyoon was ignoring my questions and blocking my attempts to move her away my lap.

‘He didn’t say anything’ I said, and immediately after that, my phone rang again. I looked at it and as I was about to silence it, Jiyoon take it from my hand and ran away the room. ‘YAH!!’ I ran after her but she was already talking to him.

‘Oppa?’ I heard her saying. ‘It’s Jiyoon… yeah…’

She had a big smile on her face when she glanced at me. I started walking calmly towards her knowing she wouldn’t say anythi-

‘…I knew you liked our Gayoonie’ she said out of nowhere. I panicked and quickly tried to steal the phone back but she moved away hastily and laughed. ‘Oppa, you should come here and control your girlfriend ‘cause she’s trying to hurt me’

I, once again, tried to grab the phone but she was just too quickly. I looked around for help but the two maknaes were laughing nonstop on the floor and Jihyun-unnie was cleaning the kitchen giggling shyly.

‘Argh!’ I rolled my eyes and went back to Jiyoon that was telling Doojoon-oppa all sorts of nonsense about our non-existing relationship.

‘YAH, JEON JIYOON!!’ I shouted. ‘Stop playing around! Give me back my phone!’

Jiyoonie stopped on her tracks and stared at me surprised. After a second, she grinned. ‘Oppa, I’ll pass the phone now to your girlfriend that is dyyyyying to talk to you’ she said mocking and passed me the phone. I took the phone harshly off her hands.

‘Yoboseyo?’ I said putting the phone on my ear.

‘So, are we in a relationship? I didn’t know that’ Doojoon-oppa said mocking me.

‘Shut up!’ I shouted and he laughed.

‘Why did you hang up on me like that? Why didn’t you pick up after?’ he was asking all those questions in a haste. I got annoyed.

‘Oppa, just drop it, alright?’

‘I don’t want to drop it’ he said in a serious tone.

‘But I do’ I retorted. ‘I’ll have to deal with all sorts of crazy fans because of you so-’

‘According to hyungs, it was because of you’ he interrupted me.

‘Don’t try to throw me the ball again, no one forced you to say my name on National television’

He got silent so I took that as he didn’t want to tell me the real reason behind he saying my name; I was sure it was because I said his name first… like a favor paid… “I said your name, you say mine”… that thought hurt me more than I wanted to admit…

‘Gayoonie… tell me for once, you really said my name when they asked you about the guy you wanted to date…?’

I bit my lower lip. ‘Oppa, I really need to go, I’ll call you later, ok?’

‘Why you keep avoiding that question?’

‘Bye oppa…’ I said and hanged up.

‘So~’ four faces looked at me with inquisitive eyes.

‘So, what?’

‘Are you two a couple now?’

‘Of course not! Why are you guys so annoying at this matter?’ I exploded before I could think… suddenly, I realized what I just did and I wanted to take back everything I said but it was too late… Jiyoonie’s hurt expression was too much to bear… her face turned dark in a second and then, she just muttered a “sorry”. Hyuna did pretty much the same and as Jihyun-unnie shrugged and went back to the kitchen, maknae looked lost and kinda frightened.

‘You know I didn’t mean it like that’ I said trying to fix my lack of discretion but I have to watched in great frustration how Jiyoonie went out the apartment followed by Hyuna… I cursed to my insides and dragged my feet back to the room.

‘I have to apologize to them…’  I let myself fall on my bed and sighed. ‘Gosh, what is wrong with me?’

Suddenly, my phone vibrated notifying me that a message had arrived. I took it and opened the message.

‘Come outside’ was the only thing the message said. It was Doojoon-oppa who sent it…

‘Aish…what does he want now…?’ I asked to no one as I went out the room and headed to the dorm’s entrance. I put my shoes and went out.

I saw no one so I guess when he said “outside” he meant outside the building…

End POV

 

Gayoon stepped out the building looking around in case she sees her friend.

‘YAH! Why aren’t you picking up your phone?’ a voice came from behind the girl. She turned knowing exactly who was it.

‘Why are you insisting?’ she hissed.

‘I only want to know if you said you want me as your boyfriend’ Doojoon said taking a step closer to her.

‘Why do you want to know that so badly?’ she asked a bit too high. ‘Is not that it’s important or relevant to you’ she added a bit off this time.

Doojoon remained silent for a moment. ‘It is relevant…’

‘Huh?’ the girl was confused and surprised.

The boy scratched the back of his neck. ‘Just answer me, please’

Gayoon tried desperately to hide her exaltation. ‘I… well, a guy asked me and I just said what all the other girls said…’

‘“All the other girls”? Who are the other girls?’ he asked feeling unease with her answer.

‘I don’t know, if you won as the National Boyfriend Idol then it has to be more than one that voted for you!’

‘Are you telling me you said my name because it was the easiest?’ he was getting angry.

‘Weren’t you the one that said my name because I “said” yours first?’ she replied in the same angry tone as his.

Doojoon was taken aback. ‘It wasn’t like that!’

‘No? Then how was it?’ asked Gayoon lifting an eyebrow.

‘I…’ the boy was having troubles to maintain his feelings locked. ‘I…’

‘Well…, that says it all…’ said the girl attempting to walk away from him.

‘Gayoonie…’ Doojoon took her arm before she could take another step. ‘I… I mean it…’ he finally said.

Gayoon stared at him blankly. ‘…What…?’ she muttered with a string of voice.

He hesitated for a millisecond but then he inhale taking strength. ‘The part where I said I wanted you as my girlfriend…I mean it…’ he said finding his voice.

The girl got shocked; her heart pounding hard and strong on her chest. ‘…Oppa… what are you trying to tell me…? Are…are you proposing me…?’

Doojoon panicked and suddenly got conscious of his own heart… It was beating so fast and strong that he thought it would get out of his chest at any time. With all of it, he managed to smile. ‘I-guess-I-am…’ he said almost laughing at his cheap way of proposing the girl he likes.

Gayoon stared at him suspiciously. ‘Are you teasing me?’ she asked furrowing her eyebrows, ‘because if you are-’

She got silenced by Doojoon’s lips pressed hard on hers…

A couple of figures were standing at less than 2 meters of them. Their jaws fell the moment they saw the boy kissing the girl. A big grin grew in one of them.

‘Is this really happening?’ whispered the short one.

‘It is’ said the other dragging slowly her companion inside the building.

 

Gayoon POV

My world stopped… He… Doojoon…my friend…my crush…was kissing me! And as much as I wanted to make some sense and be rational, his lips were too damn inviting, so I stopped fighting and kissed him back…

The feeling of it was so intense and new…

After a couple of minutes, we separated. I moved back and try to act naturally, but his eyes on me made me blush so I looked away trying to hide a big smile I had on my face.

‘Gayoonie…’ he whispered holding onto my waist.

‘Gosh, I love the way he says my name…’  I thought refusing to look at him at the eyes.

‘Look at me…’ he said pulling me closer to him. I obeyed like an idiot… ‘Will you be my girlfriend?’ he asked me with the sweetest smile I have ever seen…

I bit my lower lip. ‘No, I’m sorry… I don’t really like you that way…’ I said showing him my famous poker face. His smile faded away and he released his hands form my waist.

‘I…’ he lowered his head and saw him swallowing with difficulty.

‘Are you idiot?’ I asked choking a laugh. He looked at me confused. ‘Of course I’ll be your girlfriend, you pabo!’ I almost shouted and threw my arms to his neck. He smiled immediately but then he frowned.

‘Don’t play with me like that!’ he scolded me and I giggled.

‘Sorry, will you forgive me?’ I said blinking a few times trying to look innocent. At first, he glared at me but then he smiled.

‘You’re so bad at being cute when you try but then you are so cute when don’t even try’

‘Yah!’ I hit his arm playfully and he chuckled.

We remained silent for a few seconds… Everything felt so right…, like if it was meant to be…We looked at each other smiling sheepishly…

‘When I said the guy that I wanted you as my boyfriend, I meant it too…’

He nodded and smiled caressing my cheek. ‘Gayoonie…I know maybe is too soon for this but… I love you…’ he said honestly. I got speechless. ‘I’ve been loving you since a long time now…’ he continued.

I smiled. ‘It is too soon but… I love you too…’ I said as I made my way to his lips. He moved closer and we kissed… One of the most wonderful and perfect kisses I’ve ever had…

-CLICK-

‘And this goes directly to Beast oppas’ said a voice near us. We panicked thinking maybe it was a fan or something, but when we turned, we saw my blatant members watching at us like we were some kind of movie to them. They were all smiling and giggling like fools and all of them had their phones pointing at us.

‘Yah! Don’t you guys know the word, privacy?’ I shouted angrily.

‘Be grateful that Hyuna and I didn’t do it before when Doojoon-oppa kissed you right in front of our eyes’ said Jiyoonie concentrated in her phone.

My jaw fell. ‘Did you-’

‘Yep’ she nodded emphatic. ‘We saw the whole thing’

I felt embarrassed so I looked for help in my new boyfriend. He caught my eyes and nodded.

‘Girls, now that you took enough photos and videos, do you mind leaving us alone again?’

‘Sure~’ said Jiyoonie shrugging and dragging the two maknaes with her. I got surprised.

‘How’s that Jiyoonie listens to you and not to me?’ I complained watching my friend walking away followed by Jihyun-unnie.

He chuckled and hugged me.

‘Why is that for?’ I asked a little embarrassed by his sudden action.

‘You’re going to Japan in a few hours…’ he whispered, ‘…and I’m going to miss you…’

‘I’ll be back in a week…’ I caressed his jaw admiring how well formed it was.

‘I’ll miss you every second…’ he said almost pouting.

‘Cheessy~’ I and he giggled, suddenly, his phone rang. He took it out his pocket and stared at the screen. Yoseob-oppa was calling.

‘I bet Jiyoonie and the others already sent them the pics’ he said dismissing the call.

‘I bet they did…’ I said feeling helpless towards my band mates’ actions. Then, my phone rang. I looked at it and it was a SMS from Jiyoonie. I opened it.

“Yah! When are you coming? Jintaek-oppa called saying he’ll pick us up in an hour. Kiss your bf goodbye and come up NOW!”

I sighed. ‘Oppa, I gotta go…’

‘I know…’ he said smiling sadly. ‘Come, obey Jiyoonie and kiss me goodbye’

I giggled and kissed him softly on the lips. ‘I’ll miss you too’ I whispered hugging him tightly.

We both bid goodbye and I got in the building. I stopped right in the door and looked back. I saw Doojoon-oppa walking away.

‘I do love you pabo…’ I whispered as he turned around too. We looked at each other’s eyes and smiled. He waved his hand in the air and so did I.

‘Bye… see you in a week…’

End POV

THE END

 

~BONUS~

Jiyoon’s tweet on 19 of August of 2011

“We’ll be back from Japan soon http://twitpic.com/68bb95

Jiyoonit welcoming Doojoon to 4minute's family :D

 

Weekly Idol with 4minute (Eng subs)

(2:29 Sohyun brought Doojoon to the conversation, I bet she is a shiper. 3:31 - 4:04 and at the end, Hyuna is a DooYoon shiper too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Svzqn51k5Y