CHAPTER 1: Trust

ATEEZ SERIES: Forget Me Not

:: Language-ENGLISH

note: ill edit the pictures and format soon 

 

 

Chapter 1: Trust

 

 

 

In a Mansion in downtown Seoul lives a guy named Park Seonghwa. He suddenly wakes up and looks around as if it is his first time inside the room. Clueless as he is, he stares outside the window and sees a garden full of flowers. He is still clueless and wondering why he is inside the room. He stands up and still looking around. He sees pictures of a guy on the wall then he walks in front of a mirror and he sees a sticker that has a sign "Hello there, I'm Park Seonghwa" he reads it. He looks at his reflection in the mirror and he blinks "Am I Seonghwa?" then he sees a name tag with his name on it. He also sees a button with a sign...

Press this when you are awake, Seonghwa.

He presses it then he keeps looking around and focuses on a board that has lots of information that he is not familiar with. Then suddenly someone knocks on the door "Seonghwa, Can I come in ?" it's a voice of a man calling for him. "You can" the guy opens the door and bows "Who are you?" he asks the guy, a short guy with blue hair and wearing a school uniform and holding a cellphone. "I'm Kim Hongjoong. I'm your friend"

"You are?"

"Yes I am" he smiles at him. Then the guy shows him a picture from his phone "Look it's us yesterday" he swipes on the phone " And it's us when we are still kids" Seonghwa's eyebrows raise when he sees the picture. The guy looks at him and smiles then he closes the door. "Seonghwa" he calls his name "I'm your cousin. This is your house and I also live here. I know you are confused but you should come with me somewhere. But first, you should take a bath. There is your bathroom" He pushes Seonghwa gently through the bathroom. "Don't be scared okay? Here." He gives him the cellphone that he is holding. "Here is your phone. Luckily you don't forget how to read and comprehend words and some stuff. There are instructions there, You can press the play button. Your room has speakers installed and you can hear your voice. It will guide you okay. The other room there is your walking closet just let your voice guide you okay. Then after you finished all of it, you can press the button there beside your mirror. You pressed it awhile ago right?"

"Yes"

"That button serves as a sign that you need help. It's originally a doorbell but your dad installed it in your room for us to hear the sound outside your room. So when you are finish just press it again okay?" Seonghwa nods and Hongjoong leaves the room leaving him alone with a phone in his hands. He looks at it and he presses the play button and suddenly he can hear his voice...

YAH PARK SEONGHWA. Good morning Handsome haha. I know you are wondering that you are talking to yourself. Just don't think too much and you need to hurry and Doctor Choi will scold you if you are late, so hurry! Just listen to what I'm going to say okay. Go inside the bathroom now, close the door and of course get

He gets inside the bathroom, closes the door and he gets .

Okay, on your right side you can your towel, go inside the shower cubicle then turn the faucet to the right side. You can see in front of you, You can see your soap and shampoo. Rinse your body and your hair. Enjoy taking a bath and hurry.

He starts taking a bath and exactly 7 mins. He finishes and takes his phone and presses the play button again.

Inside that room on your left is your walking closet. Go inside and open the first cabinet on your left and you can see your school uniform and to your right is your school shoes. Wear those and after that, your school name tag is beside your mirror. Beside your bed, you can see a black bag and just get it. Then press the button again. Hong will arrive shortly.

He did all of it and suddenly...

Park Seonghwa. Inside that box are your notebook and that phone. Collect memories as you can today. Write, record, and take all that you want to remember. Live this day as if it's your last dude because tomorrow you will forget all of it and of course you will hear my voice again. Doc Choi will help you understand all. So don't worry. We can do it, oh I mean. You can do it.

He looks to the mirror. "I don't know who am I, or what is happening. Whatever it is. You can do it" he looks at his name tag "Park Seonghwa" he presses the button and Hongjoong guides him downstairs and he introduces all the people inside the house. While they are eating, Hongjoong tells him that his dad is now in Japan for a business trip. After they finished their meal. They get inside the car and few minutes they arrive at JongWoon Highschool. A prestigious high school for students from a rich family. They get inside and arrive in front of an office.

"Seonghwa, Go inside. Before you go to your class you will go here first for consultation with Doc Choi. Don't worry someone will accompany you to your class after your session with Doc Choi."

He nods and bows, Hongjoong waves at him as he leaves. Seonghwa gets inside and sits on the bench and suddenly...

"PARK SEONGHWA!" said the nurse. Seonghwa stands up and walks inside the room and he sits on the sofa in front of a tall guy that has his hairbrush up and smiles at him.

"Good Morning, Seonghwa. Welcome to a brand new day. You are here because I know you are confused right?" the tall guy greeted.

Seonghwa looks at him from head to toe and looks around "Who are you? And why I supposed to go here? "

"Oh, my bad!" The Tall guy sits beside him and offers his hand. But Seonghwa ignores it and keeps his hand on his lap. The tall guy chuckled then he pats Seonghwa's shoulder. " Haha, what a silly boy, oh well I'm Doctor Choi Siwon but you can call me Doc Choi like everyone else. I'm a psychiatrist and also head of the discipline in this school. And your doctor" He stands up and sits on the table and looking at him " You are here because you have a rare case of amnesia or other doctors called a severely Deficient Autobiographical Memory"

"What do you mean?"

"You don't remember everything you've done yesterday even people you met. As I examined you through these years, you have high daily functioning to comprehend. Things like you still know what is right or left and simple words. You still know how to walk, etc. Yet, you are unable to recollect or relive past events from a first-person perspective. And the reason it's rare is your memory will reset when the clock strikes midnight. Simply you can collect, retrieve and remember memories and person's names for only 24 hours and after that back to zero"

"What? Are you serious?"

"I am" he turns off the lights and opens the projector "Look here, these were your activities yesterday. Do you remember this ?" he saw a video of him playing basketball "No I don't remember that at all"

"Do you remember the names of that people?" He shakes his head

"I'm sorry. I don't know them"

"Okay, I see. I will show you pictures of students and your teachers. On your phone, there are also pictures so if you can't recognize them just look at the pictures. Also, you have your black notebook. You can read it now. I'll give you time to memorize all of it"

after two hours...

Doctor Choi helps Seonghwa to recognize all the people that surround him. He struggles to memorize it "Arghh!" he feels that his head will explode anytime "It's hard. Very hard"

"Hey, Seonghwa don't force yourself okay?"

"How if someone knows me but I can't recognize them?"

"They already informed that you have this situation. Everyone will greet you and help you"

"Is there a cure?"

"For now I still can't figure it out but don't worry, I will not give up on you. I will help you, Okay" The doctor pats his shoulder and he smiles. "For now, you can explore the school by yourself, Use the map you drew. Make sure you can take, record, and collect all the memories that you have. Press and hold no.1 in dial tone if you need help. Okay?" he stands up and bows.

"Thank you. Doc Choi" walks outside the office and he checks the map in the black notebook. He eagerly remembers every single place he sees and he notices that he find himself in the middle of the school garden "It is beautiful here" he smiles and he gets his phone and takes a picture. He walks towards the wall and looks at the flowers when suddenly a girl jumps out from the wall.

"YAH!! GET OUT THE AWAY " the girl shout when she falls on top of him.

"Aish~" he hissed. "Hey are you alright ?" the girl touch his forehead and he opens his eyes and sees the girl's worried face "Hey there, Are you okay?"

"Get out!" he said

"What?" the girl said

"You're on top of me. Stand up now" when the girl realizes their position. She suddenly stands up and he helps him  "Oh sorry. Sit here" she guided him to sit on the bench. He sits while he is holding his forehead and looking down. "Are you sure that you are okay? I can bring you to Doc Choi if you want?" She sits beside him and looks at him "Hey, Answer me"

He looks at her and sighs "I'm fine I was just startled"

"Okay that's good to know," he notices that her left hand is bleeding

"Hey look. You are bleeding" She looks at her hand she suddenly got shocked and her whole body shakes. "Hey!" he said to her but she keeps on shaking. "Hey! Hey! " he cups her cheeks and suddenly he saw her crying and her face is full of fear. He is shocked because of it.

"Dad--" she mutters

"Hey! Hey look at me" she looks at him " Take a deep breath okay. Inhale and Exhale" she follows him "Don't stop doing it. Inhale and Exhale" He gets his phone. He presses the number 1 in his dial tone. Few seconds. Doc Choi texted him where he is and he texted back.

"Doctor Choi will be here shortly okay? He will heal that hand. Maybe you had a bad fall a while ago"

"I hate blood" she keeps shaking "My dad smashing the wall with the chair. He hits me and my sister. He killed my mother with a knife. He stabbed her three times on her head, then he smashes her head on the wall then after he killed my mother, he killed my sister. Then he was hiding from the police and he brings me along with him and one day he attempted to me and, He almost ki--" he stops him by hugging her and she keeps talking about her dad with every single detail.

"Hush," he told her but she keeps on talking "Hey. Hush. Your dad is not here anymore. Calm down" then the girl suddenly stops talking and just continue crying but then "I hate it I keep on remembering it. I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER IT AGAIN AND AGAIN" he hugs her tight.

"Seonghwa!" He heard Doc Choi's voice and he rushes towards them "Seonghwa, are you oka--" he stops when he sees a girl

"Karina!" he calls her. The girl sits properly and she looks up "Doc Choi" the doctor sighs then laughs.

"Why Doc Choi? Do you know her?" He looks at the girl "Look at him karina if you remember him. What a coincidence?" then she looks at him properly.

She stands up and pushes Seonghwa on the floor "YAHHHHHHH! YOU ARE THAT ERT WHO CASUALLY WENT INSIDE THE GIRL'S BATHROOM YESTERDAY AND YOU SAW ME PE--" The doctor covers before she tells everything

Seonghwa is still dumbfounded on what just happen "What did I do yesterday? I don't remember at all"

"Stand up there Seonghwa. By the way, this is Yoo Jimin but everyone calls her Karina. She is also a student here " he stands up.

"Yah let me go doctor Choi let me hit that ERT GUY!!! AHHH"

"Hey calm down. Do you remember what I told you yesterday?" Seonghwa is still looking at them without a clue.

"OH, HE IS THAT GUY. The guy who doesn't have his memory and forgets everything every day." She said it. The doctor just chuckles."He is Park Seonghwa and he is the--"

"He is the only son of PRK Corporation and only heir but I ---"

"Ehem. Karina stop chanelling siri haha "

"Doc Choi. Her hand is still bleeding" He points at her hand "Karina let me heal that first. Sit down" doctor Choi put an ointment to her wound. "Where did you get this?" The doctor asks her.

"Doctor Choi, she jumped from that wall, am I right ?" Seonghwa asks himself

"Karina, are you late again?" the doctor said. "Doc I woke up late because I worked overtime last night"

"Stop working late okay and learn how to sleep early and please take your medications. You two should talk. I have an important meeting so I can't accompany you anymore, Seonghwa and You" then he pointed to her side " Karina please guide him around the school, okay?" she nods and the doctor waves goodbye.

"Let's go," she said and they start walking

"Why on earth that you jump from there?" he asks her

"Oh the gates were already close and that's the only way I can make it into class"

"Oh, I see. Oh by the way what is your name again?"

"My name is Yoo Jimin. Just call me Karina"

"She is KA-RI-NA. Karina" she chuckles "Wow, Take it easy okay?"

"Because it's hard for me to remember things like what I did to you yesterday. I'm sorry about that. It's just that I still didn't finish reading my memories yesterday. And I just read it and it said that I forgot to listen to my voice and enter the wrong comfort room"

She chuckles "It's okay. I should be the one to apologize because I pushed you for the third time. Yesterday I push you two times. then now I accidentally jump on you and push you again.. I also cry and remember----" He stops walking and she looks behind. "Stop now! " he said.

"What's wrong?"

"Stop that. You are starting to shake again" he pats her back "Try to calm okay?"

"Okay" They start walking again and then she notices that Seonghwa is recording their conversation the whole time. She chuckles

"Are you recording our conversation so you can't forget?"

"Yes. So I won't forget that you are scared of drops of blood"

"Eh?"

"You are scary and if I bump on you tomorrow I should remember that there was a girl that cries on my shoulder" She smiles at him and arrives in front of their classroom. She gets in and the teacher will scold her but she grabs Seonghwa's wrist "Hey Maam, I bring you the bacon hehe" she said and runs to sit on her chair. "Tsk Yoo Jimin," the teacher said and looks at Seonghwa

"Seonghwa, I'm your homeroom teacher. Ms. Kwon. and I know that Doctor Choi already oriented you about each of your classmates" She smiles at him "You can sit there beside Yunho. Yunho, Please guide him and explain things to him okay?"

"Yes. Ms. Kwon" the guy said and Seonghwa sits beside the window and beside him is Yunho.

"Hey. Hwa Hyung. I'm Jung Yunho, your ever so handsome best friend"

"Oh, I read about you a while ago. Sorry"

"No problem Hyung, I already understand and you keep apologizing for that every day so no need to apologized okay?"

"Okay Yunho" he smiles and he explains things to him about what happened to the past week and the class continues and suddenly Seonghwa looks at Karina, He notices that she is smiling and he remembers what happened awhile ago and he gets his notebook and writes all of it.

after 5 hours...

"Hyung, I'm going to go to the library for some research. Hongjoong Hyung told me that he will wait for you outside. Good day Hyung"

"Thank you, Yunho"

"Take care Hyung" he waves at him and he takes a picture of it. He is now walking when he heard girls talking about Karina. He follows the noise and it leads him to the rooftop. He walks slowly and he hides and peeks about what is happening, there are 4 girls throwing juice and calling her and crazy. He decides to film it.

"If you didn't stop shutting your ing mouth, I will kill you," the girl said

"You have the guts to tell that we are smoking and YOU tell every detail," the other girl said.

"If I can forget all of it, I will love to but I can't. I CAN'T! AND WHY YOU BLAMING ME. ALL YOU DID WAS WRONG" Karina said

"Look Master, She is talking back to you," The other girl said.

"Get a chair" the girl that looks like it's their leader. "NO!!!! DON'T PLEASEEE" Karina closes her eyes and starts shaking again and Seonghwa notices it. The girl gets the chair and she will hit it directly to Karina but...

*BAAM*

"WHAT THE HELL---" the girl shouts "AHHH NO!" at the same time Karina shouts and will open her eyes but Seonghwa shouts

"DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES!" he shouts

". It's Park Seonghwa" the other girl said and still shock "He saw what we did to Karina ," the other girl said

"Tsk. No need to worry girls" the leader said "If this is the girl who can't forget everything" she points Karina "We don't need to worry because this is the boy who can't remember everything. So rest assured if we make this guy shut his mouth too. We are safe and we don't have a problem" the girls start laughing

He coughs and looks at them "You all right that I will not remember those things But I'm still smart and all of you are still dumb. " he laughs then he gets serious" Don't underestimate me. Girls. TSS" He chuckles.

Suddenly, their notification ringtones keep on ringing and the girl opens a post from her social media acc "Master. It's us"

"Master. He filmed us"

"YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!" the leader will hit Seonghwa but suddenly a deep voice with big steps can be heard.

"LEE SHIA, DO YUJU, JUN MIN, KIM JIA. UWAHHHHH"

"Mr. Shindong" Karina mutters. "YOU FOUR COME HEREEEEEE" a big man shouts to the girls and the four girls attempts to escape but.." GET ALL THAT FOUR" the security guard assist the four girls and The teacher looks at Karina that still closing her eyes.

"Are you our teacher?" he asks the man

"Oh yes, Shin Dong Hee, Head of Security and a PE TEACHER but you can call me Mr. Shindong "

"Can you lend your coat to me please ?" he points his back and the teacher notices a bloodstain on the back of his uniform.

"Sure" he removes his coat and lends it to Seonghwa "Thank you, Mr. Shindong "

"No problem, Seonghwa. Hey, Karina open your eyes now " Karina opens her eyes and the teacher helps her to stand. "Karina , you should tell us soon if someone bullied you again. Thanks to Seonghwa those four were exposed. You two should go to Siwon's office now" he smiles and walks away.

"Hey !" Karina stares at him "What?"

"Are you hurt?"

"I'm not"

"But i heard the sound and I know the impact was intense"

"Just forget it "

"I can't forget it. TSS"

"Can you at least be thankful ?"

"Oh thank you for that" She bows then she heard a shutter sound "Yah did you just took a picture of me?"

"I don't remember"

"YAHH YOU JUST DID" He runs so she can get his phone " Yah gimme your phone"

"It is for my memory. Hahaha," He is laughing while he is running "I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR MEMORY. ITS MY DIGNITY WERE TALKING ABOUT HERE YAHH"

"AHAHAHAH" he is laughing he doesn't notice that there is a dead-end "GOT YOU!!" raises his phone so she can't reach it. "Yahhh delete it" she is jumping but she suddenly stumbles. Luckily, Seonghwa uses her other hand to grabs her waist to support her. Their face is so close to each other and He keeps laughing.

"What? TSS"

"Stare at me"

"Eh?"

"I'm laughing means I'm happy"

"So what? Give me my phone"

"So you can only remember a guy who is laughing in front of you because he is happy. And that picture of yours can make me remember that you made me laugh and happy"

"Seonghwa" she looks at him seriously and smiles "Okay but just keep it for yourself okay"

"No problem, Karina . Yoo Jimin " He looks at you and he smiles.

"EHEM! HONGJOONG IS HERE EHEM!" suddenly someone coughs and they notice Doctor Siwon and Hongjoong are there in front of them.

"I don't know that you two are these close now. Hahaha," The doctor laughs.

Seonghwa releases her but Karina is still leaning closer to him "Hey Karina ! I think they mean you can give me a space to breathe now" He whispers to Karina . Karina realizes her position and stands farther to Seonghwa. He just chuckles.

"Karina . You should go home now and here are your meds take it and sleep early okay" the doctor said

"Yes, Doc Choi. Again Seonghwa thank you for helping me. Hongjoong Sunbae. Doc and Seonghwa. I'll go now" she bows and walks away.

"Hey, Seonghwa I know that you got hurt. Shindong Hyung told me that you got some bloodstains on your back. Let's go now and let me heal that inside the car" the doc said "Yes Seonghwa you should also change your shirt" Hongjoong said. He just smiles and follows them. They are already inside the car and Doc Choi just finished putting some ointment and some bandage on his back

"There," the doc said

"Those girls are evil," Hongjoong said while watching the video from a while ago " They deserve this, right?" the doctor just chuckles

"Hey Doc Choi, Can I ask you something ?"

"What is it Seonghwa?"

"Is that girl also have a special condition or something?"

"Oh, Karina ?"

"Yes, her"

"Karina is opposite with your condition. She is suffering from Hyperthymesia, also known as a piking or hyperthymic syndrome, which is a condition in which an individual possesses a superior autobiographical memory, meaning she can recall the vast majority of personal experiences and events in her life. Simply, She can recall almost every day of her life in near-perfect detail, as well as public events that hold some personal significance to her. She described her memories as uncontrollable associations, when she encounters a date, she "see" a vivid depiction of that day in her heads"

"Wow that's very intense doc Choi," Hongjoong said

"So that's why she remembers it all. That's good for her" he said

"Seonghwa it's not good. It's torture for her. The death of her family keeps her weaker. People should forget something for them to move forward. She always thinks that she was cursed. She is very tired of every detail that appears in her head"

"That's funny because you are the opposite. You need your past to nurture and She needs to forget the past to move on. What a complicated life" Hongjoong said with a sigh.

He gets the notebook and writes something. Doctor Choi smiles. "I think I know how can I help her and especially you Seonghwa"

"What is it Doc?" Seonghwa said.

"Just trust me" he smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

-END OF CHAPTER 1: TRUST-

===============================================================================

Characters:

Seonghwa of ATEEZ as Park Seonghwa

Karina of æspa as Yoo Jimin / Karina

Hongjoong of ATEEZ as Kim Hongjoong

Yunho of ATEEZ as Jung Yunho

Siwon of SUPER JUNIOR as Choi Siwon / Doc Siwon

Shindong of SUPER JUNIOR as Shin Dong Hee/ Mr. Shindong

Kwon Mina as Ms. Kwon

(more characters soon)

:: Thank you MY and especially ATINYs who read this. I hope you all love it. I'm sorry about my grammar. I'm not good at English but I did my best for all of you to understand it. Please support and share my first fanfiction of ATEEZ amd AESPA. .

READ.COMMENT.VOTE.FOLLOW ME