Feel Good

Feel Good
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Jungkook! What are you doing here?!" Jimin whisper-shouted at the maknae who was now sneaking into his hotel room which he was sharing with Taehyung. How had the younger even gotten the key to his room?

"Shhh! You don't want Tae-hyung to hear you right?" Jungkook answered with a sly smile on his delighted face as he crawled into the bed with Jimin.

Jimin wanted to retort but snapped his mouth shut when he heard Taehyung grumble and shuffle from his bed on the other side of the small room. Both Jimin and Jungkook stayed silent and didn't dare move a muscle as they waited for Taehyung to either wake up or settle down. A few seconds later the brown-haired male stilled and didn't move again. After letting out a sigh of relief, Jimin lightly shoved Jungkook while glaring at him.

"You can't be here! We could get caught!" Jimin whispered as he lightly pushed at Jungkook's chest in an effort to move the taller one away from him.

"It's fine hyung. Tae's asleep and so is Hoseok hyung. Neither of them is going to wake up soon, and I'll leave before either of them notice, I promise," Jungkook said as he hugged Jimin and looked at him pleadingly. Jimin pouted but then gave a sigh of defeat, it was no use arguing with the younger. Jungkook always did as he pleased these days and Jimin couldn't help but feel butterflies over the things the black-haired male did. As risky as those antics were, Jimin always felt loved and adored whenever Jungkook would do them.

"Fine, but only this once!" Jimin said despite knowing full well this wouldn't be the last time.

"Of course," Jungkook agreed, also knowing he'd be doing this again. Even though it had been two months since the two started dating and sneaking around with one another, Jimin constantly felt like it had only been a day since Jungkook had confessed. He remembered it so vividly and so often.

It was the day before Jungkook's birthday, the band members had decided to throw the maknae a surprise birthday party. To make sure it remained a surprise, Jimin had been tasked with taking Jungkook out and keeping the youngest busy until the hyungs finished decorating, arranging the presents, and cooking. Jimin was more than happy to take up the task, he absolutely loved spending time with Jungkook after all.

That night, Jimin poked his head into Jungkook's room and said, "Hey Kookie, clear your schedule tomorrow. I'm taking you out and spoiling you for your birthday."

"Oh?" Jungkook looked up from his phone, blinking a few times as he processed what the other said before asking, "Um ok... are the others joining us?"

Jimin hummed and then answered with, "Nope, they have shootings and meetings to attend. You and I are the only ones with a free schedule apparently."

Jungkook nodded, setting his phone aside and fluffing out his pillows. "Ah ok, alright hyung. When are we leaving?"

Jimin pushed the door open a bit more and stood up straight, thinking a moment before saying, "Early morning... how about nine?"

"Ok, see you in the morning hyung. Good night!" Jungkook laid down and pulled the blankets over his body.

"Good night Kookie! Sweet dreams!" Jimin closed the door to the younger's room softly and padded over to his own room. As Jimin got into bed he texted the others to let them know they'd be out of the house by nine so the others would know when they could start preparing. With the message sent, Jimin turned off the lamp on his bedside table and then snuggled into the blankets to rest.

When morning rolled around the others were not in the dorm and simply texted Jungkook happy birthday promising to celebrate with him tomorrow as they were busy today. After getting ready, Jimin and Jungkook left the dorm and headed to the mall.

"Buy whatever you want, it's hyungs treat today! No limits!" Jimin promised with a smile as he pulled the younger into the first open shop. The two walked around and talked as they perused through the various shops and Jungkook looked at items that interested him. Jimin encouraged him to pick whatever he wanted but Jungkook would only look at items for a bit before putting them back, saying he wanted to find something better.

"I said I'd buy whatever you wanted and that there were no limits, it doesn't have to be just one item." Jimin picked up the item that Jungkook had just put back onto the shelf.

The younger took it out of Jimin's hands and put it back yet again, "I remember what you said. When I find something I really want then you can buy it." Jungkook proceeded to exit the store without another look at the item. Jimin sighed and then hurried to follow along. They went through a couple more shops but the younger didn't seem to find anything he liked or at least liked enough to have Jimin buy it for him. As they looked for another shop that was of interest, they passed a jewelry shop and Jimin dragged the taller inside.

"Maybe we can get you a chain or something! You like those." Jimin sped past different selections until they were at the chains. The two looked but Jungkook didn't look like he was looking at anything in particular. He moved away from the chains to look at the other selections of jewelry in the shop.

"What about this?" Jungkook pointed to a ring in one of the display cases. It was a beautiful silver band with a single black line going through the middle and little intricate designs along the outer edges.

"You want that? Alright," Jimin looked around for a store associate and was about to grab their attention when Jungkook took a hold of his arm to stop him. The younger was laughing and shaking his head.

"No, no. I don't really want it. This is too expensive," Jungkook said as he pointed out the price.

"I can afford it. I meant it, I'll buy anything you want today," Jimin reiterated with a frown.

Jungkook hummed and pursed his lips together, contemplating. "Does it have to be something you buy?"

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I mean... does it have to be something you have to buy for me? Does it have to be physical?... What if I want something else? Something you don't have to buy?" Jungkook finished with a shrug, not elaborating on what he was trying to say.

Jimin pressed his lips together further displaying his confusion, "I'm not sure I understand? What is it you want? If hyung can somehow get it for you, I will. Or if it's a favor I'll do my best to fulfill it."

Jungkook looked at Jimin, a serious expression on his face. The maknae stared for a few seconds and opened his mouth to say something but then paused. He shook his head and said he wanted to look somewhere else. Before Jimin could say anything the younger was already walking away and out of the store once again. So Jimin just followed, wondering what it is Jungkook had wanted to ask for.

They went through a couple more stores but Jungkook still didn't pick anything out. Jimin got the feeling Jungkook had something on his mind that he wanted but was too afraid to ask. He wanted to be encouraging and ask Jungkook to just tell him what it was, but he couldn't figure out how to persuade the younger to just say it.

Eventually, they came across an arcade with many games inside and Jungkook said he wanted to play some of the games, particularly laser tag. Jimin readily agreed, happy the younger had finally decided on something, though he'd hoped to get Jungkook something he could keep or use for a while. Jimin paid for a bunch of coins and then the two went around to see what games were available. Jungkook picked mainly games they could play together. He challenged Jimin often and let the elder win once in a while. Jimin knew the younger was letting him win because he was aware of how competitive Jungkook could be and he also knew Jungkook was amazing at games.

They were down to their last few coins when they decided to play laser tag. As they geared up, Jimin listened to the rules. The game sounded simple enough, they had thirty minutes to eliminate the other team. Each player had three lives, and once they had been killed a third time, they would officially be 'dead' and could proceed to the exit to wait for the final results of the game. The game would end if one team was eliminated or if the time ran out no matter who was left alive. If a team was eliminated, the team that still had players who were alive would win. If both teams had players alive and the time ran out, then whichever team had scored more points would win. Points were determined depending on where a person shot. Headshots were worth the most followed by the chest. Jimin hoped he would be on the same team as Jungkook, but when the color of the vests came on, he was disappointed. While his vest was green, Jungkook's was purple.

"Looks like we're on opposite teams," Jungkook laughed and Jimin nodded.

"Go easy on me Kookie," Jimin pouted at the other and batted his eyelashes in an effort to appear cute and persuade the other to agree.

Jungkook just gave his signature bunny smile and didn't say anything as they were ushered in through separate doors. The countdown began and then the game started. Jimin quickly found a vantage point from where he could shoot but also hide quickly. He was doing pretty well with his team, but eventually, everyone in his team was 'dead', and only he was left. But it seemed there was also one person left on the enemy team as well. With only three minutes left till time ran out, Jimin tried to find the last remaining enemy.

Jimin tried to be stealthy while looking for them, wondering who was left. Finally, he came face to face with Jungkook, the two pointed their weapons at each other and stood there a moment.

"Looks like it's just us," Jungkook said looking at Jimin but making no move to shoot.

"Yea... aren't you going to shoot?" Jimin asked while slightly lowering his laser gun. He had already decided he wouldn't shoot. It was Jungkook's birthday and the younger should win.

"Aren't you?" Jungkook questioned back with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you want me to?" Jimin steadied his laser gun pointing it at Jungkook's chest.

"No, but you have to to win." Jungkook also steadied his laser gun aiming at Jimin's heart.

"Same goes for you,"

"Yea..."

"Don't you want to win?"

"Hmm..." Jungkook lowered his laser gun.

"You don't want to win?" Jimin also lowered his laser gun and tilted his head to the side.

"I want... " Jungkook paused again, just like he had in the jewelry shop, and when he was about to speak again the timer went off signaling the end of the game.

"What was it you were going to say?" Jimin prompted as the two began walking towards the exit so they could return the equipment.

"Nothing; looks like our team won even without me killing you," Jungkook boasted as he pointed at the scoreboard. Jimin shook his head, "well we could have won if I'd just shot you."

"But you didn't," Jungkook teased with a small smile as he put away his vest and helped Jimin with his.

"Consider yourself lucky. Next time, I'm totally going to." Jimin pulled out the remaining coins in his pocket, finding two of them. He looked at Jungkook and held the coins up, "Shall I get some more coins for us?"

"Hmm... no, there's only one thing left that I wanted to do, two coins is all we need for it," Jungkook said and then began leading the way towards the claw crane.

"Oh, you want one of the stuffed animals in there? Which one?" Jimin asked, inspecting the different animals inside.

"Why, are you going to get it for me?" Jungkook questioned back with a soft smile.

"Yep!"

"Hyung... no offense but you at this and we only have two coins."

"I can get more coins!" Jimin gave Jungkook an indigent look.

"There's no need, I wanted to win something myself," Jungkook said as he took the coins from Jimin and inserted them into the machine. Jungkook began to maneuver the crane around, Jimin watched wondering which stuffed animal the younger was going to try to get. When Jungkook felt he'd gotten the claw in the perfect spot he pressed the button to have it descend and sure enough, the claw grabbed a hold of the stuffed penguin holding a heart.

"Woo, you got it! Great job Kookie!" Jimin cheered as Jungkook pulled the stuffed animal out of the machine with a proud smile.

"Thanks, hyung. This was fun," Jungkook smiled while looking at Jimin fondly.

"It was. Is there anything else you want to do? I still didn't get to buy you anything, are you sure there wasn't anything you wanted? How about that lava lamp at the first store we went to?" Jimin's inquisitive eyes looked at Jungkook searching for any sign that the younger wanted to go back to get the lava lamp.

Jungkook shook his head, "No. This was enough."

"You sure?" Jimin pouted a little.

Jungkook nodded his head. "I had fun, I made some nice memories and that's enough for me."

Jimin was about to protest and say that he wanted to get the younger an actual present, but his phone rang. Jimin excused himself for a second to answer it. He walked away from the younger, still close enough so they could see each other but far enough that Jungkook wouldn't be able to hear him.

"Jimin, we're ready for you guys. How long will it take you to come back?" Jin's bubbly voice spoke into the phone.

"We're at the mall. We'll head back now, shouldn't take more than twenty minutes. See you soon hyung," Jimin answered and then hung up. Pocketing his phone, he went back to Jungkook and asked if he was ready to go home.

"Yea. I'm kinda tired and hungry, let's stop and get something to eat before going back to the dorms?" Jungkook suggested taking hold of Jimin's hand. Jimin was a little surprised by the action but decided not to address it; instead, he let his fingers intertwine with the younger, "Hmm how about we go back to the dorms and I make us a special lunch? I'll make your favorites!"

Smiling, Jungkook nodded, agreeing to the plan. And so the two began the walk back to the dorm. When they were in front of their complex waiting for the elevator, Jungkook tugged on Jimin's intertwined fingers to grab the elder's attention.

"Something wrong Kookie?"Jimin looked at the other with concern.

"No... It's just... there's actually one other thing I wanted today." Jungkook spoke without looking at Jimin, his voice shy.

"What is it? There's still time for me to get it for you."

Jungkook let out a small sigh, "It's... it's not a physical item."

"Oh? Then what is it?"

"I wanted to..." Jungkook paused yet again. Jimin was almost sure that Jungkook would back out of saying what he wanted again, but surprisingly the younger continued, "give you this." Jungkook held out the penguin to Jimin but he still wasn't looking at the elder. Puzzled, Jimin took it, wondering why the younger was giving it to him all of a sudden. "But you won this. And it's your birthday. Why are you giving this to me?"

The elevator dinged and the two got in. Jimin pressed the button for their floor and as the elevator doors closed he turned again to Jungkook still waiting for an answer.

"Because I wanted to win it for you. And... I wanted to ask if you'll be my boyfriend," Jungkook finally answered, his voice trembling slightly as he looked straight into Jimin's eyes, hopeful that the elder would accept him. There was a blush on his cheeks and Jimin noted that the other was shaking slightly. However, Jimin couldn't think much as he was shocked. He hadn't expected the younger to ask that. Didn't think his feelings would ever be returned.

"K-kookie are you... are you saying you... like me?" Jimin breathed out in disbelief.

Jungkook nodded, "I do hyung. I have for a long time. I know I'

Please log in to read the full chapter