Drunk Dazed

My Husband, Mr. Nice


Author's note : Before I begin the story, I would like to make this clear; This story is not supposed to make complete sense. This story was made to keep myself--and other Heeseung/Enhypen stans-- entertained and happy. Please keep in mind that this is all purely fictional. Putting that aside, I hope you all enjoy this story. 

 


 

"What do mean he's an ace?" Hana raised a brow, confusion all over her face. Her friend gives a mischievous smile as if she asked the wrong question. "For starters, he's good at singing and dancing. He's also good at basketball, soccer, even cooking. Not to mention, he's witty and has a good fashion sense-" she raises a hand, pausing as if it was the , "but most important of all, he's a humble gentleman."

Hana makes a 'not bad' smile, while processing her words. "Do men like that still exist?" she asks, skeptical. Yuna gives a proud smile, nodding, "Exactly. He's probably one in a million- no maybe even one in a billion."

She wasn't done about him and continued, "Honestly, it almost feels like he's God's favourite. Whoever gets to be his wife is so lucky..." she sighs, totally enchanted by the thought of this man. "That's great and all but how do you know all this? I thought you were just a diligent office worker..."

Yuna sighed and shook her head, "Yah, he's literally the shining star of this company. Just look at the way everyone looks at him when he comes. He's the CEO's right hand man yet everyone still loves him."

Hana slowly nods, humming in acknowledgement. The two were engrossed in their conversation until they heard his name being called in the distance. "Heeseung, what do you think about this design so far?"

Immediately, the two shut up and glanced at the direction of the voice. Heeseung looked at it earnestly and didn't interrupt until he finished talking. One look and Hana understood what Yuna meant by him being God's favourite. His body proportions were pretty much perfect from top to bottom. The man was 70% legs and 30% broad shoulders like a statue. His outfit was a simple coat and pants but the way he wore it made him look almost like a model from those CeCi photoshoots. His face? She could only see his side profile from here, but that was enough to know he was that good looking.

His feedback was so straightforward yet didn't put the other down. He was concise about what could be improved and what he did well on. Hana was actually impressed as she saw the exchange between the two. Maybe it was because she'd been in such an unhealthy work environment that this looked so weird for her.

Heeseung gave a small smile and bid goodbye as he walked towards Hana and Yuna, except Yuna had already wheeled herself back to her desk while pretending to be working on something. Hana inevitably met his eyes, to which she quickly stood up and gave a bow.

He stood in front of her with a small, warm smile, towering over her easily. "Hana, right? I'm Heeseung, the one who assists the big boss." he says, chuckling a little at his own introduction. His voice was so warm and welcoming and he offered his hand almost immediately. She wasn't sure if it was his good looks or his strong aura, but it made her gulp a little.

"Ah, yes. I'm the new girl. Nice to meet you." Hana shyly shook his hand. " How's everything so far? Getting along with the others?" he raises his brows, glancing to Yuna who got caught looking at him at the moment. She immediately gave a smile and quickly looked back at her laptop.

Hana nods, giving a thumbs up, "Yeah! It's great. Everyone's been nice in showing me what's going on and all." she awkwardly laughs. Why did she give a thumbs up?

He smiles widely at her response, his healthy teeth and beautiful smile surprising Hana for a moment. "That's great. I look forward to seeing the great ideas you bring. See you later." He gives a light pat on her shoulder before walking off.

The moment his footsteps faded away, Yuna wheeled herself back to Hana, excited. "You made him smile! And you got a pat! You must really be something..." Yuna waves a finger at her in envy. Hana just chuckled shyly. "He's actually pretty charming, but his charisma almost drowned me for a moment. Is he always like that?"

Yuna simply nods. "That's how he is. But you'll get used to it! He's really nice."

It felt so weird for her to meet someone like that, but in a way she felt glad. She left her previous company because everyone there had such a big ego and wouldn't accept criticism unless you were higher than them. It's only been her first day but the vibe and people here are so much nicer. Yuna literally became her friend 10 minutes ago.

Soon, her first day was coming to an end and Hana surprisingly enjoyed it. She felt like she had to learn more about the office so she could start doing some official work earlier, but her new colleagues told her not to be pressured. With a light heart, she was off to a friend's birthday party after work.

"Hana! I'm so glad you could make it. Come on in, the rest are here." a tall man welcomed her into the house. Hana gave a small uncertain smile as she entered. The only reason she came was because she heard her only friend from her old company was coming. She held out a bag to Daniel, "Ah, here... A present. Happy birthday." she gave another small smile, this time a little more sincere.

"Aw, you shouldn't have. Enjoy, there's a lot of good food tonight!" he ushered her towards the living room, bustling and jostling with people chatting and drinking. Some were even dancing. The music from the speakers were so loud Hana could almost get a headache if she stood too close. As expected from a rich guy, she thought.

She walked around to find her friend but to no avail. Was she late? She should've messaged or something. Walking awkwardly, she stood near the corner where the music wasn't as loud. A few minutes after, she could vaguely hear the door bell ring. Her eyes fixed on the entrance, hoping it would be her friend.

Unfortunately, it was a man. A familiar looking one at that. As soon as he turned to look around, they met eyes. Hana widened her eyes in surprise. The other copied her expression, looking just as surprised. He gave Daniel a present and walked together, almost immediately approaching Hana. Noticing his gaze, Daniel raised a brow, "You know each other?"

Seeing his tall figure nearing, she gulped. The other shrugged and said something to him but she couldn't hear. As they stopped in front of Hana, Daniel looked at her hand and frowned, "Hey, it's my birthday party, why aren't you drinking or eating? Hold on, I'll get a drink." and off he went, without letting her say a word.

"Nice seeing you again." This time, Heeseung gave her a small, uncertain smile. "Yeah. How do you know him?" she asked, actually curious. He looked a little sympathetic, a little... Uncomfortable? Hana couldn't quite place it. "We used to work together. Then we went our own ways."

She nodded, as if understanding what he meant. Daniel used to be her colleague. He was basically the idol of the company. Though, his narcissism was at its peak too. Still, this guy came for his birthday party. Maybe they were close friends, Hana thought.

"What about you?" he asked. "Ex colleague. You could guess the rest." she chuckled. He gave a small knowing smile, not saying another word. He is a man of few words, isn't he?

The two were enjoying their silence in the corner when a woman dressed like a model was approaching him. She had those long legs, slender body and picture perfect face that you see in magazines. It was for a brief moment, but Hana saw her glare at her as she came closer. "You're finally here, Heeseung ah." she smiled, her eyes boring into him as she reached out to caress his arm.

Hana could feel a strong tension rising beside her and she wanted to get away so bad. "You know her?" she side eyed Hana without hesitation. Hana, feeling wronged for no reason, was about to say something until Daniel came back with the drinks.

"Hey, sorry I took so long! Here's your drink and... Jooyoung ah, what are you doing? Go get him a drink." he nudged her away before handing Hana a cup. He drank the other cup, as if to give the lady a reason to get a drink for Heeseung.

Thank god for a drink, she could really use one after seeing that just now. Without another thought, she downed it and thanked him. That was probably the most sincere thank she ever had for him. Heeseung just chuckled awkwardly as he scooted away from the woman. Jooyoung rolled her eyes before muttering, "Yeah, yeah.."

The three of them made small talk about how they were at work after knowing that they used to be colleagues. Hana and Heeseung didn't mention that they were currently in the same company though but they both seemed to be in favor of that.

Not long after, Jooyoung quickly came back and offered him a drink. Hana wasn't feeling too good by then. Daniel seemed to notice. "Hey, you doing alright? You wanna rest in my guest room?" he offered, sounding worried.

She wanted to go home but her head was starting to spin, maybe she should take a rest before heading home. Heeseung looked at her, his eyes looked worried but he still looked kind of expressionless at the same time. Hana nodded slowly, following after Daniel. "I'll see you tom-" she paused, correcting herself, "when I see you. " Heeseung nodded back at her.

Jooyoung noticed his eyes following after her as she walked away and held his chin, turning his attention back to her. "Don't worry about her, she'll be fine. Let's have some fun." she giggled, trailing a finger along his jawline. He didn't say much but he held her wrist to stop her from doing anything further. "I'll just grab some food." he says in a monotonous tone, drinking as he walks off.

And he did. He was in the midst of enjoying a fried chicken before he too started feeling weird. Was the floor moving or was it just his head? He put aside the chicken in his hand, making his way to where he last saw Hana and Daniel. Maybe he should freshen up a little in the toilet.

Daniel led Hana to an empty room, guiding her to the bed and sitting her down. "You're really okay?" she nodded, telling him to go enjoy the party. "I'll be back, alright." he pat Hana's shoulders and left her to take a rest. Hana clutched her head, throbbing and aching. It was so hot too, all of a sudden. Was she overworked? No, it was only her first day. Before she knew it, she was out.

Heeseung saw Daniel walking down the stairs and immediately headed to the direction he came from. He was a little dazed and the surroundings were blurry but he had to come to his senses.

He opened the nearest door, revealing what seems to be the toilet. Fumbling with the tap, he washed his face in a hurry but to no avail, his vision was still blurry. "Ugh, what's wrong with me?" He slowly ed his collar and groggily dragged himself to the next room that had light peeking out of it, felt his way through and immediately landed on a soft mattress. It was black from then on.

"Yah. Did you do this?" a boyish voice asked as they stood by the door.

"No, do I look like I wanted this to happen?" a feminine voice answered, sounding annoyed.

"Damn it. This was never supposed to happen." Footsteps fade away from the door.