De liefde en het leven ( The Love and life)

DE VLOEK

 

 

 

 

It was afternoon when Sehun was informed that he might meet his partner in his shifter form. He was overjoyed because, after seven days, he would finally be able to see his mate in daylight. He knew it was only the alpha's shifting form, but at least he would be able to see him.

Yixing arrived to join the trip. Sehun transformed at the palace before heading to the woods, but Yixing informed him that they would change in the woods. Sehun headed to the place with Kyungsoo and the Omega King with a giddy heart.

 

 

They arrived at a clearing beside a beautiful lake, which is surrounded by tall trees and a large grass field filled with oxeye daisies. It was a beautiful sight to behold. The entire surrounding smells like fresh honey.

Sehun crouched and picked a beautiful white daisy, smelling its honey and sage odor, which causes a tiny chill to the nostrils and acute cooling feelings within his mind.

Yixing approaches him with a smile, picks another white daisy, and places it in Sehun's silver locks.

"Beautiful," mutters the older omega. Causing Omega Prince to smile at him

"When is Prince Kai going to arrive?" He wonders aloud, expressing his eagerness to see him. The younger's eagerness makes the omega king chuckle.

"He'll be in here a few minutes after your shift." The omega king remarked, and Sehun's eyes sparkled with delight. He can also sense his mate's excitement.

"Shall I then change now?" The Vrecia prince asks, and the elder nods.

 

Sehun hurries to where his omega is waiting beside a large tree. Kyungsoo removes the omega prince's small headpiece and ruby bracelet. And in the next second, the omega transforms into a breathtakingly magnificent beast, a white wolf.

The wolf, like his human form, is larger than average omega wolves. His blue eyes are intense. The omega wags its silver furs and its paw before turning to Kyungsoo. With a fond smile, the older omega crouches down and pats the white wolf. The younger omega wiggles its tail in joy. Kyungsoo chuckles, his omega prince is a cub, a baby in comparison to him. He smiled, watching how excited his wolf is to see his mate.

 

"Go, Hun; I'll come back later," Kyungsoo observed as the white wolf made a happy growl before dashing to the omega King.

 

Yixing was staring at whole scenes since he knew his alpha son was present and watching. When they arrived, Kai was hiding and waiting for them. The omega king had allowed his son to take a look at his mate in human form. Sehun's wolf is equally magnificent, just as he imagined. He understands how many others have told him that his son-in-law is a rare type. Sehun's wolf is almost as large as an alpha. And he believes Sehun can fight like one as well.

 

Yixing stands in the middle of the field as the younger omega runs to him after a brief interaction with Kyungsoo.

Sehun stops beside the omega king and sniffs the air. He can smell his mate's scent, he is here! Sehun let out a howl. As a response, another loud howl echoed across the trees.

"I'm here, Sehun," the omega heard via their bond. Sehun cheerfully waggles his tail.

Soon after, a massive black wolf leaps to the clearing, his grey eyes fixed on his mate. The mighty beast circles the white wolf as he admires his mate's beauty.

 

"Kai," Yixing muttered, attempting to communicate with his son as he walks to the white wolf. With a small grumble, the alpha looked at his omega parent, displeased with the disruptions to their time.

 

"Young man, don't snarl at me." Yixing mumbles with a chuckle. The omega king knelt in front of both wolves and placed his hand on Sehun's white fur. Kai let out another tiny growl but was stopped off by Yixing's sharp gaze. The omega king's hand released a blue glow, which spread through the white wolf's body before disappearing. He did the same thing to his alpha son.

"You are free to spend as much time as you wish. And you won't be able to transform back until I remove the spell." Yixing said, and the black wolf nuzzled his head on his parent's palm, pleased. Yixing stands and smiles as he pats each of their heads.

"Then we'll leave you boys alone. There are also some foods." The black wolf gave out a pleased howl while nodding to his omega parent, letting him know he understood what Yixing stated. Everyone then leaves the two wolves to enjoy their time.

 

 

 

~

The two wolves began to pace around each other. It took a moment, but they eventually came to a halt side by side, smelling the air around them before brushing against each other's bodies. Before long, they were rubbing their necks against one other. Sehun drew in closer, Kai's muzzle and nose before alpha rests his head on top of the omega.

"My prince." Kai sounds through their bond. The white wolf makes a happy noise and his alpha's muzzle.

"Alpha," Sehun said. His alpha is enormous and stunning. His black furs gleam in the sunlight. And his grey eyes are so deep and attractive. Omega imagines how his partner might appear in human form if the wolf is as gorgeous and strong.

The black wolf pushed the white wolf over with his flesh arm over the omega's shoulder, partially hugging. Sehun collapsed without a struggle, his chest and limbs open. Alpha practically laid on top of him before nibbling at his neck and wagging his tail through the air behind him. Omega huffed before laying flatter, allowing his mate to his chest and face with his paw. A few seconds passed before the omega’s pink tongue darted out of his mouth, panting happily. As he laid there, the alpha rolled over onto his mate and rubbed all over him.

 

 

A moment flew back before Kai stood up again, shaking himself out. Sehun, who was still lying on the ground, sneezed before rolling over. The black wolf sniffed at Omega's ear before it and leaving the area, moving over to the tree, and settling down alongside the roasted meat the maids had placed for them. Sehun whined softly before standing up and delicately brushing Kai's back with his head. Kai didn't move, but his grey eyes returned to the other.

"Weren’t you hungry, Sehun? I don't want my mate to be starving." Kai said and Sehun whined once again, claiming he doesn't want to do anything but spend time with his alpha.

“Let’s eat first my prince,” Kai said again, this time pushing his mate with his muzzle. The omega nuzzles his alpha with his white fur before doing as he said.

 

Kai pulls the largest chunk of meat with his paw, picking it up with his mouth and putting it in front of his omega as the white wolf sits alongside it. Sehun sniffs the food before casting his blue eyes at his alpha. Kai approaches Omega and sits behind him, allowing the white wolf to rest on him. As the omega eats, the alpha takes his time adorning his mate with and nibbles. Kai is so pleased with how his omega relaxed with him that, he didn't feel hunger.

 

 

After their meal, they unwind by cuddling in the cool shade of trees. There's plenty of time. There is no need to haste.

"Kai, when will we be able to see each other in our human form like this?" Sehun ponders, resting his head on the chest of the black wolf.

"My prince," Kai says as he his snout and stares at his omega with grey eyes. “Let’s be patient okay? I understand how difficult it is for you. It's the same with me. I also want to see you, spend time with you every second, with nothing standing in our way." Kai said.

I just want to see my mate,” Sehun replied. Kai can hear his mate's grumbling.

I know my love,” Kai stated while Sehun's face.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

Kai and Sehun both lost control of the situation after their expedition in the woods. Sehun wants to have his alpha at all times, not only at night. And Kai, having seen the beauty of his mate, couldn't stop his heart from wanting to please his omega.

Except for the night they got each other, both princes were gloomy the entire time. The only thing that managed to brighten their moods was their loving words to one other. And the Vrecia prince's anxiety over his potential to become pregnant grows as the days pass because neither of them has been able to resist their mate and have made love every night. Even they’ve done at the clearing in their shifter form.

 

"Your highness." A maid attempts to talk with the omega prince.

The omega was staring out the window, a blank expression on his pretty face. He had pleaded with the Omega King to allow him to meet his alpha just once. He further stated that simply glancing at his mate from afar is enough for him. But obtaining a positive response from the omega king was extremely difficult. As a result, Omega Prince began to sulk around. He didn't speak to anyone except his mate, who tried his hardest to please him with sweet words and kisses. Even Kyungsoo couldn't have a conversation with the omega for more than five words.

"Your highness, the Omega King, requests your presence." The maid stated after failing to receive a response from the royal. Sehun cast a peek towards the maid after hearing it. No matter how much he dislikes talking to people at the time, he cannot refuse to obey the omega king's command.

 

 

 

Sehun wasn’t expecting to visit the stables when the omega king request his presence. Sehun rushes to the elder omega who was waiting at the entrance with Kyungsoo.

"Good morning, your Majesty." With a little bow, Sehun greets Yixing. The elder omega smiled and took his hand.

"All right, let's go. I was waiting for you," Yixing stated as he led the younger omega into the stable.

"Your Majesty, why are we here?" Sehun wonders as he gazes at the magnificent war horses.

"I heard you enjoy horseback riding. Kai as well. This is his warhorse," Yixing stated as they came to a halt in front of a black horse. It had the same black fur as its owner. Sehun grins as he imagines his mate riding the horse, but his joy fades as he remembers that he still can't form a complete picture of his mate without seeing him.

"It's beautiful," Sehun mutters as he lays his palm against the horse's muzzle. The black horse remained calm as it simply accepted the prince's touch as if he knew it was none other than his master's mate. Sehun gladly feeds the military horse when Kyungsoo hands him some carrots. For the time being, he is neglecting his concerns.

 

Can I ride it?” Sehun asks after sensing that the horse has begun to trust him. The elder omega nods and allows him to ride it.

Thank you,” Sehun murmurs.

A servant enters the stable from the opposite side with a saddle and begins to prepare the horse for his ride. While other was doing his job, Sehun continued to pet and feed. However, the omega senses that the servant is staring at him. He cast a glimpse at the man, but the man hides his face. The prince of Vrecia frowns. This is the first time he has had such treatment in the Yarnat. It was never considered impolite for a servant to stare at him in this manner.

How dare he?” Sehun thinks and turns to tell the omega king, but the omega king begins to tell about his son's childhood story, how Kai got this horse, and how he reacted to it. As a result, Sehun's attention was swiftly drawn to the story, and he forgot about the disrespectful servant.

 

 

 

 

~

It was a risky position, and he nearly get caught. Kai gains another chance to see Sehun after pleading with his omega father. As Yixing suggested, he disguises himself as a stable servant and hides his scent using magic. But he couldn't change his appearance, or at least he couldn't alter his appearance as he could previously since he had to disguise his scent.

Kai hides on the opposite side of his warhorse and watches his mate. His horse has listened to him and accepts the touch of his mate.

As soon as the Vrecia prince mentions wishing to ride his horse, Kai takes his saddle and enters the stable, taking advantage of the opportunity to get a closer look at his mate. Others were correct; his mate is a rare beauty, and Sehun's distinctive traits are just like the statue he crafted. Kai is fascinated by the omega's attractiveness and stares at him. He realizes his mate is looking at him and hurriedly covers his face, but he still catches the omega's frown, which doesn't suit his beautiful face.

Kai is relieved that his omega father was observing them, and he managed to divert Sehun's focus away from him, albeit at the sacrifice of his dignity. His father is telling him about his past!

 

 

Sehun may appear to be naive and innocent. Kai, on the other hand, was well aware that Sehun is not easily manipulated. Even though they have managed to conceal the most important fact about their marriage, Yarnat prince knows that if things do not go as planned, his spouse would discover the truth sooner than they thought.

 

 

 

 

 

~

Sehun was aware that everyone was attempting to cheer him up. Particularly the Omega King. He had invested his precious time with him, sharing adorable stories of Kai and his brother's childhood. But everything he's experiencing through marriage is weird to him. Everything about the Yarnat tradition and the way people utilize magic is foreign to him. Even though he wants to share his concerns, he is unsure who will respond. When he questions his mate about the Yarnat marriage tradition or anything else linked to it, he never receives a convincing response. His mate always tries to avoid discussing it. Like he is hiding something. But Sehun trusts his mate. His husband loves him, and he knows it with his bond and heart. But he couldn't shake the small voice in his head urging him to look at everything more closely. That something is going on without his knowledge.

 

He wishes his mother was here; if the older omega is here, he will provide some answers. Baekhyun, his mother, is quick to see the danger.

 

"You're causing me concern, Hun," Kyungsoo stated as he sat next to him. The elder omega had enough of his prince's gloomy demeanor. And he doesn't talk to him as he usually does. It was painful for him. Seeing his prince in this state.

Soo,” Sehun mutters as he turns and embraces the elder omega, placing his head on his lap.

"Tell me, Hun, why are you acting this way? Please talk to me." While brushing his fingers through the omega prince's silver hair, the older omega murmured.

 

"Soo, have you seen the crown prince?" Sehun ponders, his gaze fixed on his omega in the waiting.

"I haven't seen him yet since I didn't get an opportunity. Why?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Doesn't it sound strange to you? That is, only I and he is supposed to not see each other. But why haven't you seen him even once? It's been three weeks." Kyungsoo’s eyes widen as he hears Sehun's question. Right. Why didn't he see the Yarnat crown prince? He'd even met the omega prince of Yarnat. Who currently resides in the southern palace. Kyungsoo attempts to make an excuse so as not to worry his prince any further.

"Perhaps it's because Prince Kai is usually busy throughout the day?" Kyungsoo mumbles. But even he is doubtful about his response.

"Do you think so?" Sehun asks, a little relieved.

"Yes, I believe so. Don't think about such things anymore. Overthinking will cause wrinkles!" Kyungsoo mutters, a slight grin on his face, as he pinches Sehun's cheek. Which the younger omega promptly swatted away with a whine.

Little did the omega prince know, Kyungsoo was determined to find out the truth.

 

 

 

 

~

 

Kyungsoo had spoken with a few maids. But many of them didn't know anything about what he was looking for. The elder omega discovers that each maid in the palace has a unique work schedule. Despite being the crown prince Yarnat, Prince Kai has just a few maids. No one is permitted to visit his chamber or study without the consent of the Yarnat royals or Kai's commander, Kim Minseok.

The elder omega from the Vrecia begins to believe his prince's concerns were reasonable. Something is concealed from both of them. Kyungsoo then begins to become more conscious of his surroundings and attempts to gain as much information as possible from others.

One day, Kyungsoo overheard a sprite ceremony taking place in a temple in the woods and no one was permitted to go there that day. Claiming it was a sacred rite for the gods. The Yarnat prince, along with a few alphas, is the one who did it.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was well aware that he's about to do something dangerous in a foreign land. If his prince finds out, he will not allow him to do it, not without him. However, the elder omega managed to escape the palace after nightfall, concealing his scent with a drink he brewed for himself. He's doing it for his prince, and no one is going to stop him from meeting the Yarnat prince today.

Kyungsoo pursues the sound he heard coming from the temple. He travels cautiously through the dark woods with a small dagger in his hand, utilizing his shifting eyesight. He may be an omega. But he knows how to defend himself. Even the Yarnat use magic as wielders, he will not be defeated without a fight. As he gets closer to the temple, he can hear drums and chants. The older omega sneaks cautiously to bushes near the temple wall and hides behind it. The temple was lit up with multiple lanterns, making it easy to see what was going on within. He notices a few people dressed in scarlet cloaks chanting something.

And a man in a golden cloak stands in the center of the stage, facing the statue of their divine. Kyungsoo assumes the man with the golden robe and tanned skin is the crown prince. The older omega watches the scene with a nervous heart, not knowing what to anticipate.

 

The chanting grows louder, and the Yarnat prince turns around. Kyungsoo attempts to look at the prince, but all he sees is his shoulder-length black hair. It was blocking the view of the prince's face from the side.

The rite continues, and Kyungsoo is still waiting to see the Yarnat prince. Suddenly, the man in golden robes rises from his seat, facing the statue.

 

Kyungsoo stares at the man without batting his eyes, as the prince turns to pick up the tray of fruits on the stool.

 

 

The Yarnat prince turns, giving the concealed omega a clear view of him. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he stared at the Prince, a man with a ghastly black patch covering his entire face and neck. Only his grey eyes can be seen. The visual was terrifying, and it made the elder omega scream in terror.

 

 

 

As the omega screamed, the ritual came to an abrupt end. Few in crimson cloaks rush to shield the Yarnat prince, while others seek for the invader. Sehun's omega in waiting was quickly discovered and dragged to the temple, in front of the crown prince's commander. Kai stood there, his face hidden under his hood, watching the spectacle.

 

 

"You are the Vrecia omega prince's servant" Recognizing the elder omega, the commander said. Kyungsoo, who was still in shock, couldn't respond since he was staring at the prince, who had now covered his face with a hood.

"What exactly are you doing here, Omega?" Minseok asked in his alpha voice, causing the elder omega to recoil from his fright.

I-I-“ Kyungsoo was unable to respond to the commander because he had made direct contact with the grey eyes of the Yarnat prince. It seemed as though he was staring at two-silver fire pits in the complete darkness.

 

 

 

Kai was well aware that he was condemned. Kyungsoo, his mate's omega-in-waiting, had seen his real face. They won't be able to prevent the elder omega from revealing his prince the truth. He sighed and stepped in front of the older omega. Kyungsoo flinches and takes a step back. Kai raises his hood and rests it on the back of his neck.

 

 

Kyungsoo.” Kai begins in a calm tone. His words, however, did not deter the elder omega from flinching. "You've uncovered something you shouldn't have," Kai stated.

The elder omega fell on his knees, bowing at him as he starts crying.

"Your Majesty, Why? Why are you doing this to my prince?" Kyungsoo sobs as he yells. The elder omega is in pain for his prince. His prince, whom he has cared for from the day he was conceived in his mother's womb. The omega couldn't bear Yarnat's betrayal of them, of his prince.

 

Kai does not respond. Even if he wanted, he doesn't have an answer.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Omega King, Yixing is expressionless as he stands in front of the balcony. Tiny sobbing may be heard in the background. Kyungsoo is sobbing as he sits in the corner of the room, looking out the window. He was brought to the palace by the Yarnat prince's guards, and the Omega king took him to a chamber away from the crowd.

 

"I did everything for my son." Yixing began. Kyungsoo turns to look at omega king, with bewilderment. How can he just say that after destroying the life of his innocent prince? "-this was the only way we could persuade him to marry someone." The Yarnat omega king continues.

 

"But, why?" Why is it our prince? What did he do to you to deserve this punishment?" Kyungsoo is perplexed since he doesn't think anything happened in the previous month. Those things might be Yarnat's trickery.

 

"It was entirely coincidental." Yixing stated as he turned to face the other omega.

 

"I don't believe it," Kyungsoo replied. He doesn't care if he was impolite to the omega king. They did more than just be disrespectful to them.

 

"I'm not going to force you to believe. But that is the truth. My son created the statue, yet he had never seen Sehun before. -“Yixing stated as he sat in front of Omega.

 

"Then why didn't you tell him the truth? At the very least, he ought to know." Kyungsoo asks.

 

"-Would he accept my son if he learns the truth?" The Yixing question, frowning. "- no, right? Nobody will. I knew that. That’s why I didn’t reveal it.” With a sigh, the omega king adds. "And do you believe my son was involved in all of this? No, no he doesn't. He had no desire to marry. My poor child. He was taken aback when Sehun was discovered. Yet, he attempts to put a stop to this marriage. -" Kyungsoo's eyes widen as he heard the omega king.

 

"Why did the prince continue the mating if he wished to stop it? Why did he form the bond?" Vrecian Omega asks.

 

"-it was the only way for him to break the curse." Yixing mumbles.

 

Curse?” Kyungsoo ponder, surprised. Curse? So it was more complicated than it seems. He feels a little sorry for the Yarnat prince, but not quite as much as he does for his prince.

 

"-yes, it's a curse. Only a child from his mate has the power to break his curse." Yixing responded.

 

"Child." Kyungsoo mumbles. So the Yarnat are using their prince to break the curse on their crown prince. Nobody cares what happens when Sehun finds out about this.

 

"This is unfair," Kyungsoo mumbles as he wipes away his tears. What will he do now? How can he reveal this horrible truth to his prince?

 

Kyungsoo. I know what you're thinking right now. But consider it. Kai and Sehun are now mates. They've formed a bond. We can't ruin it now since we've gone this far. Sehun may be able to become pregnant soon. Kai's curse will be lifted at that point. We merely need to keep the truth hidden until then. -“Yixing remarked while clutching Vrecian omega's both shoulders.

 

 

 

~

 

The following day, Sehun requested to see his mate. He is alright to see him even from a distance. Sehun stated that if the Omega King does not allow him to see his mate, he will attempt to break the tradition or return to Vrecia. Kyungsoo secretly wished for it to happen. But he knew his prince would have a difficult time without his mate at his side. So he told Yixing about the omega prince's desire and explained that if they wanted to keep Sehun in the Yarnat, He had to allow the younger omega to see his mate.

 

 

 

Sehun was overjoyed when his omega-in-waiting informed him that he could see his mate. This time it's for real. He eagerly anticipated meeting the Omega, King. The omega king would take him to their training grounds.

"How did you get him to agree to this? I don't know how many times I've asked. I don't have to wait this long if I know his Majesty would listen to your words!" Sehun mutters as he wears his golden cloak.

"Perhaps I might threaten him a little," Kyungsoo mumbles beneath his breath. However, the Young Omega did not catch it. He couldn't hear him because he was too excited.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun can detect his alpha's scent in the air, indicating that Kai is nearby. He hopes his mate would catch up on his scent as well.

The training field was very different from the one at Vrecia. Sehun had grown up fighting, and his parents had taken their time teaching him. Sehun is a warrior in his own right. He is pleased to be referred to as one. He had accompanied his father or mother on a few missions. Despite being an omega, Sehun is well-known for his abilities in archery, combat, and swordsmanship. So, when the omega prince approaches the enormous space that is divided into several sections, his eyes widen. This is a whole distinct training field.

This is where we rehearse our power,” Yixing remarked, motioning about. The young omega is taken aback by what he sees. He notices few individuals practicing. Some are firing fireballs at targets, some are welding water, some are practicing with the wind, and a few are manipulating earth or wood. All of the people were in their human form.

"Let's go to the top of the tower." Yixing stated as he led Sehun to a tower. It wasn't very tall, but it was designed to provide a bird's-eye view of the surrounding area.

They stand in the tower, looking down at the trainers.

Where is the prince, Kai?” Sehun asks. He doesn’t care what others doing. He's here to see his mate. Yixing approaches him and stands by him as he hears the question.

"He'll be here in a moment. I guess Kai went for a horseback ride." Yixing said. And, as he indicated, a familiar black horse approaches the field, accompanied by two riders. They were both wearing hoods. Also carrying swords.

 

"Why are there two people on Prince Kai's horse?" Sehun asks as he stares. Both riders are tall, well-built, and have tanned complexions. As they get closer to the tower, one of the riders removes his hood. The man was attractive. His hair was black, his eyes were dark, and his lips were full.

"Oh, he's Kai's best servant." The omega king quickly replies.

 

Sehun cast a glance towards the omega king before returning his attention to his omega-in-waiting.

"Soo, go see which rider is the last one to get of," Sehun whispers to the elder omega and sends him to observe.

The omega prince returns his gaze to the two horsemen. The person with the hood off is laughing at something. Sehun stares at the alpha, his smile is very attractive.

 

 

 

Yixing was keeping a watchful eye on the Vrecia prince. Older Omega went to younger since he knew the prince had seen the one he desired.

"Let's go right now. You have already seen him. If my mate discovers that I helped you to see him, I will be in big trouble." The omega king urges the younger.

 

Sehun turns to gaze at his alpha one last time, but he feels the strange sense that someone is watching him. When the omega prince searches for that person, he comes upon the man on a horse with his partner covering his face from him. That's him. The earlier creepy servant. Even though that person has his hood covering most of his face, Sehun can see his jaw and neck, which are pitch-black in comparison to his skin on the other body portion.

"What exactly is he doing on the horse?" Sehun frowns and mutters. It's quite unsettling to see the weird servant everywhere.

Sehun looked at his mate, and the creepy servant rode away from the horse, away from his sight.

 

 

 

~

The omega prince was engrossed in thinking. Who was the weird servant always following him around? Why is it that no one cares? Sehun attempts to think of several reasons. Unfortunately, nothing can make his thoughts quit thinking about the creepy dude.

As his omega-in-waiting informed him, the person sitting in front was his mate. It was the only thing that set his mind at peace. His alpha is quite attractive. Just like his wolf.

 

Sehun asked about the creepy servant from his mate. He even requested to the alpha should remove him from his job since seeing him everywhere makes him uncomfortable. However, the alpha's response was quite unexpected. The Yarnat prince stated that the guy was someone with whom he had the highest trust, and that servant had become like that because he puts himself at risk to protect him. The omega didn't say anything further, knowing that his alpha couldn't dismiss his most loyal servant because of Sehun’s ridiculous concerns. It was a little painful. Since that was the first time Kai had refused something he had asked for, other than revealing his face.

 

 

~

 

 

"Your Majesty, I followed your instructions. May I now leave?" A beta commander kneels in front of the Omega king.

Yes, you can. Also, do not return to Yarnat unless you have been given previous notice. Also, please take good care of my youngest. You know why I am entrusting you with your task." Yixing stated that as he was looking at the beta.

 

Yes, your majesty. Don't be concerned. Prince Jongdae is in good care." With a bow, the beta replied.

 

You may leave now.” The omega king said as he returns to his works.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Taemin."

 

The crown prince of Yarnat called his childhood companion. With a smile, the said man turns to Kai.

 

"Your Majesty," Taemin said as he bows.

"Are you going to leave? Kai asks as he approaches him. The beta had arrived at the request of his omega father.

"I must return to the southern palace. Prince Jongdae is with Minseok. Your brother won't like the idea of me being here longer than necessary” With a grin, the beta said.

"Thank you for being here today. I got to see him again because of you." Kai mumbles. Taemin was the one who act like him on the horse, for Sehun to see. Taemin was the ideal candidate for the role due to their striking resemblance. And Beta is his childhood friend who never questioned anything and always did what they asked.

"Your Majesty, it's nothing. But I'm hoping I won't have to do it again. He's your mate. I feel bad for tricking him." Taemin responded with a sigh.

I hope too. Don’t worry.” The Yarnat prince sighed and returned his gaze to the beta. "- look after my brother. And send back Minseok. I'm hoping he didn't do anything wrong there. When my brother was here, I didn't like the way he looked at him." Kai mumbles, causing the beta to chuckle.

-oh about that, I think captain Minseok is your brother’s mate,” Taemin remarked, and Kai growled. But the beta didn't seem to mind as he chuckled. "- I am certain of it. Because I saw the looks they exchanged today when Captain saw the prince. "I believe he kept it hidden when you were around." The beta adds.

"Leave right away, and send Minseok as quickly as possible. I'll take care of it with him," Kai growls once again.

Yes, your majesty. So, I'm leaving. Also, don't be too hard on your future brother-in-law. Prince Jongdae will be heartbroken." Taemin replied before bowing and leaving with the Yarnat prince with a chuckle.

 

 

 

 

~

Time went by, days became weeks, and weeks turned into months. The friendship between the Yarnat Crown Prince and the Vrecia Prince grows stronger. Despite the fact that they never see each other, Sehun and Kai begin to enjoy their time together without thinking about it. The alpha was already head over heels with his mate. The same goes for Sehun. The omega also said that he genuinely loves the alpha.

Everyone agreed that as their bond became stronger, their chances of having a child grew. It makes both mates anticipate becoming parents as well as the ending of the tradition. Even though Kai is still concerned about his future, he hopes Sehun would not abandon him if his curse does not lift or if he discovers the truth before anything happens.

 

~

 

 

 

~

 

It was a beautiful day. As usual, the Yarnat royal palace was bustling. Omega prince Sehun was in the garden, sparring with a beta commander his mate had assigned to him for training. Sehun was unable to maintain his daily training session after beginning to live Yarnat. So after a month, the omega request to start training. Wanting to maintain his physique and skill level up to date. Prince Kai had assigned his trusted commander to train him, not every Yarnat skills in combat and archery like Vrecia, because of their privilege of magic welding.

The beta is having difficulty keeping up with the Vrecia prince. Despite the fact that Sehun is an omega, the younger possesses greater stamina and skills. The omega is well aware of what he is doing.

Kyungsoo was watching at the entire sight as he waited for his prince with a drink and towels. The elder omega is relieved that his prince is in a good mood. He can tell from the younger's vibrant enthusiasm. Perhaps because the omega prince spent a lot of time with his mate during his heat and the rut of the Yarnat prince. The crown’s prince’s rut had been triggered by his mate’s heat.

Yixing, the omega king, was overjoyed when he heard the news. Because he believes Sehun will get pregnant with a cub this time, with both their heat and rut. Kyungsoo was happy as well. However, he was concerned about the prince. If his prince becomes pregnant and discovers the truth, he is unsure what he would do. Park Sehun can be quite unpredictable at times. Very much like his omega father.

 

"How do you have the stamina of an alpha, your highness?" the beta commander pants making Sehun chuckle.

"Perhaps it's because I'm a shifter," mutters the Vrecia prince as he hands his sword to the awaiting servant before heading to his omega in waiting.

 

 

Soo.” Sehun takes the water from the elder omega and gulps it down.

"You seem to be in a nice mood, Hun. And it appears that you do not need to continue training on a daily basis." The elder omega smiles as he looks at his prince. Sehun chuckles.

 

 

"Yes, I'm in a good mood. It's nice to spar with someone after such a long time. I miss my parents." Sehun murmurs.

"Did you know you can always ask them to come to you, or you can visit them?” Kyungsoo reminded the younger omega. “His Majesty will not prevent you from seeing your parents." The older omega continues. Omega prince's face brightened up again as his mate was mentioned.

 

"I heard there's a waterfall nearby. Shall we go there?" Sehun looks at the elder omega with puppy eyes, knowing full well that the elder cannot resist his puppy eye. Kyungsoo released a tiny sigh.

"I need permission from Prince Kai or the Omega King." Kyungsoo mumbles. "But I don't think they will—all right, all right. Stop staring at me like that. I'll ask him." With a grunt, the elder omega mutters. He often wished he hadn't had such a tender heart for his prince's pout and puppy eyes. Those remind him of his prince's cute childhood.

 

 

The crown prince granted them permission. Kyungsoo and omega prince Sehun headed to the beautiful waterfall with numerous maids and bodyguards. The younger omega was overjoyed. As they stood in the cool water, he began to play with the other omegas and betas.

Soo, come here!” Sehun called his omega-in-waiting. Want to elder omega to have some fun like him.

"No way, Hun. I will be here.” Kyungsoo mutters with a glare, knowing what his brat prince is up to.

"You're losing out on a lot of fun, Soo. You'll regret it later!" the omega prince exclaims again, laughing.

 

Sehun is drenched from head to toe. When the older omega advised him to change his cloaks, he ran directly to the water, still wearing his whole outfit. Even though he was shivering, his eyes twitched with joy.

"When are you going to quit playing around and start taking showers?" After hours of waiting, Kyungsoo eventually asks. The omega prince simply shrugs in return before leaping back into the water.

"When is he going to act like an adult?" Kyungsoo mutters to himself as he rests against a large stone.

 

 

The omega prince and the maids with whom he was playing were still engaged in a water fight. Nobody noticed someone lurking near the waterfall. While waiting, Kyungsoo, who was preparing a herbal ointment for his prince, noticed a figure creeping toward the waterfall. The elder omega's eyes widened the moment he caught sight of the Yarnat crown prince's face. Kai is here, in the daylight with his real appearance. And Sehun might see him at any time.

A section of the waterfall has been overgrown with water lilies. It was a little deep and covered in leaves and flowers. Kai creeps in stealthily and dives in under the foliage, before making sure the Vrecia prince's omega-in-waiting doesn't scream. The Yarnat prince is only interested in his mate's beauty and carefree behavior.

 

 

Kyungsoo stood there with a thumping heart, watching the spectacle. He should take action to prevent his prince from meeting his mate. As he nervously watches, the elder omega attempts to come up with any suggestions.

Your highness, let’s go. It’s getting late!” Kyungsoo yelled at the omega prince. Sehun comes to a halt in his work and turns to face him, a pout on his face.

"Just a few minutes." The omega prince whines.

Hun. The omega king has requested that you appear in an hour." Kyungsoo lies. He only wants to get his prince out of the water before he notices his mate's scent or anything else.

Okay,” Sehun mumbles, dissatisfied. He walks over to where Kyungsoo was standing. Other maids swiftly trail him with his belongings.

Kyungsoo waited with nervousness. He only needs a few more steps to get his prince out of here. He is also concerned about the Yarnat prince. It's just been a few minutes. And the elder omega is unsure how long the alpha can stay underwater.

 

Sehun comes to a halt just a few steps from the ground. And moves his gaze to the water lilies.

"Where are you going, Hun?" Kyungsoo asks, his eyes widening. His prince is heading to the exact location where Prince Kai is hidden.

"Wait a second. I only want one lily!" Sehun yells as he walks near the flowers.

"No, no, I'll pick you a bunch of lilies. Just come here! We're going to be late!" exclaimed the older omega, panicked.

"No way, Soo. I'll just take this." The omega prince yells as he bends near the flower he had set his sights on.

Before anyone could realize what was going on, the Yarnat prince emerged from the water, starling the omega. He looked just like a monstrous creature, with his black hair covering his pitch black-skinned face and his crimson eyes from being underwater for so long.

Sehun screamed at the top of his lungs. “Help! Monster!” Except for the elder omega, the other maids immediately escaped from the waterfall, scared.

"It's me, Sehun, my prince. Your mate, kai.” The Yarnat prince attempts to seize his mate. He forgets that the younger can obviously see him. Sehun glances at the monstrous creature when he hears the word of his mate. The unmistakable voice and the all-too-familiar scent corroborated whatever the creature was saying.

And the realization that his mate was not who he thought he was caused him to lose unconscious.

“Sehun!” kai shouts as he quickly caught his mate.

 

 

 

 

 

++++++++++

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next chapter will be the last one. Thank you for reading! I would like to hear your thoughts on this story. kudos and comments are appreciated.