The First Friend

The Story of the 9 Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, here is the first chapter. Happy reading! 💗

 

Choi Yerin was just an average middle schooler raised born in Seoul. although she was raised in South America, she was taught korean and was very fluent in it. She has two older siblings, the oldest one being a girl name Yewon and a brother that was older than herself named Seokjun.

You loved your family, but when you were 10 they decided to all move back to Seoul, your sister decided she wanted to be a Kpop idol. Your parents supported it, so did your brother, but you, you had mixed feelings.

You wanted to support her but knowing she'd be away most of the time, also hurt. you were only 13 back then and you didn't understand why she chose that job. You were upset, you were so close to her. She'd help you with homework, sing and dance with you, cheer you up when you felt upset and most importantly, she was your best friend.

In school, many kids would aproach you but it was always to make fun of you because you didn't have friends and sat alone in class. You were called an outcast because you were raise in America. You hated it. But you never did anything about it

 

~A Few Days Later~

 

"Yewon unnie! Seokjun-shi! I'm home!"

"Oh, hey Yerin!"

"You look happy.."

"Of course I am! I made it into WM Entertainment!"

You froze upon hearing those words. Your sister noticed and asked if you were okay, to which you responded with a simple "Yes, but I'm tired.." so you went to your room and crashed onto your bed.

Unnie... why do you wanna be an idol? was the very question she wanted to ask but, she was afraid if her unnie ask why she asked..

If you answered honestly it could weight on her mind and get in the way of her dreams instead. So, you decided that you would also become an idol so that you could meet on stage. There was one problem though..

She can't or doesn't work well with people. She was always independent ever since she was young, so she mostly did everything by herself. She prefered working alone and she valued her personal space.

The next day was a school day. Ms. Kim said there would be new student coming that day, and in all honesty, Yerin was exicted. She wasn't happy being treated as an outcast but she now, she was excited because she knew that person would be sitting beside her. There was nothing wrong with being an outcast for her, but knowing she could actually make friends with that person, excited her so much!

 

~The Next Day~

 

'Ding Dong Ding Dong... Ding Dong Ding Dong...'

The bell sound... 'Sigh' 

The sight of your classmates rushing into class was now normal to you, you always stayed in class after taking books from your locker. Ms. Kim entered the classroom and the whole class bowed in respect and the teacher invited the new student in.

"Class, please welcome our new student, Lee Haemin. Haemin, please introduce yourself." I stared at the girl for a bit thinking she looked pretty and when she started speaking I knew her singing voice must be amazing. "Annyeonghaseo, My name is Lee Haemin, I'm 13 years old, I hope we can all get along, Please take good care of me." she said the last part while bowing.

The whole class responded with 'nice to meet you' and Ms. Kim told her to sit next to me, so she obeyed and there we were, awkwardly glancing at eachother throughout class.

'Ding Dong Ding Dong... Ding Dong Ding Dong...'

After the two first classes, the lunch bell rang and our math teacher Mr. Choi said we were dismissed and we all went to lunch. I stayed back though as per usual. Haemin stared at me and said, "Aren't you going to eat lunch Yerin-shi?" I responded with "Nope, not hungry.." She stared at me and left.

After a few minutes she came back with a lunch box in her hand. She walked over to my- wait no, our desk and put the food down. I stared at it and gave her a questioning look.

"It's for us silly. Don't just stare at it."

"What?"

She started giggling by herself and opened her lunch box to reveal...

The most delicious looking bento I've ever seen. She must've noticed the way I was staring because she took out another pair of chopsticks and handed them to me and said, "Let's eat!"

"I- what really?" I said.

"Yeah!"

I stared at her and thought Doesn't she know what hanging out with me will do to her reputation?! 

"Hey, are you sure you wanna hang out with me?"

"M-hmm"

"Why? Don't you know I'm an outcast here and hanging out with me will ruin your reputa-" I didn't know what happened but I tasted the most delicious egg roll in my mouth.

"Finally, you shut up.."

'gulp' "What?"

"So, Yerin, I don't understand why they call you an outcast also i don't care about my reputatuon here, I only came to learn and to make friends so, it doesn't matter at all."

"Really?"

"Yup"

"Well, ok then..."

"We're gonna be the bestest BFF's in the world!"

"Yeah... I dunno about that..."

"So, do you wanna eat with me or not?"

"Yes please, your food is delicious"

She giggled upon hearing that, and we ate together. Instead of being awkward in classes together like before, we chatted through the class and discussed the topic that was discussed in the previous one in between classes. That didn't make sense did it?

 

~After School~

 

"Hey, Yerin, about our science project.."

"What about it?"

"We're working on it togehter right?"

"M-hmm, why?"

"Umm, cuz I'm pretty sure that I don't understand everything, especially cuz i started this school late.."

"Okay.."

"See you tomorrow then, Bye!"

"Bye!"

With that settled, you started walking home. Your school wasn't that far away from your house so you walked home. It saves your siblings a lot of time. Especially your unnie. She was always busy with being a trainee, and Seokjun, he has a lot to take care of, especially because he's graduating from high school soon.You sighed and continued down the road to your house.

Once you got home, you went up to your bedroom, changed out of your uniform and went down to get a snack for yourself. After that you went to your room and started memorizing the choreography to Twice's Like Ooh-Aah. It's the song you wanna perform for an audition to get into an entertainment company. After memorizing the first verse's choreo, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter