I am Zombie

I am Zombie

PROLOGUE

Set in the near future where 80% of humanity were turned into zombies by a virus that spread like wild fire. An unknown patient X wondered in the city of Seoul and, at least, 3 people were immediately got infected. Unknowingly, after twenty-four hour and without any symptoms, those 3 eventually socialized, travelled and infected more people by going to crowded places. In a week, about 753 poeple slowly shown signs and symptoms of behavioral changes, weight loss, withdrawn, tremors, repetitive walking in set patterns, increased drinking and urination, excessive salivation and grinding of the teeth, confusion and being aggresive. 

 

The remaining humans thrives to survive. They mainly hunt the zombies but if they're beaten it also meant that they could turned into one. A group of scientists from all over the world have developed a vaccine that prolonged the turning process, even though 80% of the world's population are zombies, about 15% of them are in the research centers. They have almost all the races of the zombies to make the vaccine more patent to each type of human who'll turn into one. Originally, the process of turning took about 42 days after initial exposure. One might say, it's a bit delayed but the symptoms are more evidently as days goes by. The world finally came into realization when these so-called isolated cases isn't getting cured and more people have been hospitalized.

 

What's more crazy is that the person being fully infected doesn't seem to attack humans unless only necessary.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

I am zombie. But I feel like other zombies seem to be..

 

Brainless?

 

I still have some of my human memories intact, or at least, I think it is intact. I know my name is either DaeMan, JaeMan or JaeMin, let's settle with Nana it appeals with me hearing it, I'm probably in my early 20s, my body built isn't that bad and doesn't sag like others, I turned into a zombie not long ago, though I also don't know how long ago. I always greet every zombie I meet. I think, I still think like a human sometimes. There is a zombie by the tree let me just greet her "RAWR!!!" with so much power Nana screamed at the zombie infront of him. See that? I greeted her but she just ignore me, for a tree.

 

I feel like I don't belong. I just can't seem to find another zombie just like me. Nana lay down in the tree not far away from the girl zombie he greeted.

 

"Aha! A zombie separated from a group!" said by a human male came out of nowhere, pointed his gun to shoot Nana. "I know I can handle you on my own!"

 

A human! So scary! Nana exclaimed to himself not being able to defend himself. Suddenly, "RAWR! RAWR! RAWR! RAWR! RAAAAAAAWR!!!" another zombie from behind the tree chased the human male. "Okay that was a mistake! I can't  upon returning Nana still having his human-like zombie expression wanted to thank him in return for saving him to a near death moment. This guy looks terrible.. there are some bruises here and there and his clothes are ripped but if I looked closely, he almost same built as me only slimmer but almost the same height as me.. will he care about me? In his still human-like zombie thinking way, he bursted his thanking to the zombie stranger the same way as his greeting. "RAWR!!!"

 

The zombie that scared the human fell in his feet surprised with the roar of greeting. "AH! AAH.." then followed by silence.. He reacted? He reacted! Nana found a human-like zombie like him. In glee Nana clung into his arm as they both walk towards the rest of the zombies.

 

He found it. Nana found the one.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

EPILOGUE

Researcher found out, sometime after, being a zombie does wear-off if they've found something that makes them back to being human.

 

Nana tries to find a way for him to communicate to his new found friend. His the one. Nana tries to introduce himself, he was intrigued, though he can still think like a human, talking is hard. Aside from his greeting, that's mostly it for communicating. Still clung onto his new found friend, while walking together, Nana pointed at himself, and started to introduce himself, "Na... na" then looked at his the one. Nothing. Nana stopped walking and repeat himself. "Na.. na" the looked again. Nothing. Sigh. Maybe I'll just stick to him. They both started to walk again. After a few moments, the new found friend Nana made stopped walking. As he dazed at Nana, he puts his right hand to his left chest and left hand to his right chest and said "No.. no" 

 

Is he telling me his name? Out of nowhere Nono pushed Nana with his right hand and say "Na..na! Ha.. Ha.."

 

Again, Nono doing his hand gesture "No..no" and this time placing his hands on Nana "Na..na"

 

I found it. I made a friend.

 

Nana finally met the one, through Nono.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

- ending might be a little cringe. But yeah that's that! Btw, Nono is Lee JeNo. Not many lines. Sorry.

 

DISCLAIMER: Any resemblance to real persons or other real-life entities is purely coincidental. All characters and other entities appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, dead or alive, or other real-life entities, past or present, is purely coincidental. The use of NCT, SME, other idols & their respective companies are featured purely out of imagination of the author and NOT based on their actual being.