-end-

a game of jenga
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Hyomin! Just reminding you of our shoot tomorrow. You don't have to wear anything fancy. Just go with what you're comfortable with, alright? See you!'

 

 

Hyomin smiled upon reading the message. She mentally took note of what were her available clothes in her closet that's suitable for the shoot tomorrow. Unable to contain her excitement, the girl—who said she was dead tired a few minutes ago—got up and decided to prepare the clothes for tomorrow. She was lucky enough to find part-time jobs she actually enjoyed that they didn't really affect her studies that much. Hyomin was a college student and a part-time model and YouTuber in between. 

 

 

Youtube. Hyomin never imagined herself doing videos on that site. Yes, she's used to the camera but those ones took pictures of her, not videos. What made her accept the offer aside from the pay and the flexibility of the schedule was the challenge. They will never know what they will shoot and were only advised on what to wear or bring, like what the show's PD sent earlier. It kept Hyomin at the edge and the thrill fueled her. She was not one to back out of a challenge. 

 

 

Feeling her adrenaline wind down, Hyomin stifled a yawn as she hung the outfit she chose. She let out a tired yet satisfied smile before treading back to her bed. Her tired brain and body demanded sleep as the events of the day, mainly her just finished final exams started sinking in. She let herself succumb to a much-needed sleep.

 

 

 

 

"Good morning, Hyomin!" A few other heads turned in her direction as she walked inside the room. It was still quite early when she arrived, she noted, looking at the crew doing final touches and preparations for the shoot. 

 

 

"You're early." A smiling burly man made his way to her. 

 

 

"Good morning to you too, Taewoo, and no, I'm always early. You know that."

 

 

He laughed. "I know! I'm kidding. Anyway, there's breakfast on the snack bar. You know where to find it right?"Hyomin nodded in response. "By the way, nice outfit today. Trying to impress your co-host, I see."

 

 

Hyomin already knew he's kidding by the playful glint in his eyes. They're always like this anyway. Taewoo's one of the PD of the show and a good friend of hers. He was three years her senior so it was quite a mystery for people who don't know them how they're so close with each other and exchange playful banters like this. The thing is, they were club-mates and Taewoo was an active alumnus helping out a few of his club-mates and college juniors every now and then. Yes, Taewoo attended the same university and college Hyomin's currently in. 

 

 

Apparently, the show's other PD, Yuri, heard the last statement and gave her a knowing look. She stuck out her tongue in their direction causing them to laugh once more before continuing back to their task at hand. Hyomin made her way to the snack bar taking in all her options. Glancing on her watch, she opted for the Iced Americano considering the amount of time she have left. 

 

 

Thirty minutes. She noted as she took a seat on one of the empty chairs. Sipping her coffee while looking at the scene before her, she thought of what Taewoo have said. 'Co-host? I was not informed I will shoot with someone today.' Hyomin became slightly hyperaware and mentally took note of what she's wearing: a light blue cuffed long sleeve blouse and black tight pants partnered by her square toe white heels and white handbag. 'Nah. Not bad,' she thought. Just enough for the shoot.'

 

 

A movement from her right caught Hyomin's attention. It seems that the person was also a bit surprised to find Hyomin there. Both nodded to acknowledge each other's presence before continuing on with what they were doing. Hyomin, on the other hand, was preoccupied with thoughts of that person after the encounter. Her simple yet very comfortable outfit unknowingly made an impact on her: a plain gray sweatshirt and denim pants partnered by what seems to be a mid-cut white Nike Air Force 1 and a black baseball cap. Casual but comfortable. Hyomin took note. 'Too bad she's wearing a mask. She felt familiar.' 

 

 

 

 

'I was right. She was familiar.' It was all Hyomin could think about when she got back to the shooting area and saw the girl from before, now, without the mask. She tried to maintain her composure albeit the sudden increase in her heart rate. 

 

 

He saw Taewoo and Yuri from behind the camera gave her a knowing smile while she was ushered by one of the staff to the only table in the set. The girl stood up and gave a bow, greeting her. She did the same and proceeded on sitting on the only available seat. 

 

 

She gave the two a subtle glare while thinking of ways to get away with murder with all these cameras around. 

 

 

Yuri broke the silence before Hyomin could ever ponder at the thought. "The shoot starts in ten minutes but since you both are here, I wanna start rolling the camera. Is that okay with you?"

 

 

Both nodded as a response. 

 

 

"Alright! Rolling in three, two, and one."

 

 

"Hello everyone! I'm Sunny." the girl, Sunny, started cheerfully. This caught Hyomin and the rest of the crew by surprise.

 

 

"Wait, wait, wait, I didn't know we'll start already!" Hyomin, still surprised, mentioned. This resulted in an eruption of laughter from the crew and a shy smile from Sunny. 

 

 

"Oh yeah sorry, I forgot to tell you how we usually go with this series. We usually give time for our hosts to get acquainted albeit briefly. Sorry, Sunny." Yuri informed. Hyomin came down from her own surprised bubble just in time to see Sunny pout. 'Cute.'

 

 

Gathering her thoughts, Hyomin raised her hand. Taewoo snickered but kept his teasing at bay. "Yes, Hyomin?" 

 

 

"I think we can start now if that makes her comfortable," she suggested. Sunny flashed her a grateful smile. 

 

 

Taewoo and Yuri nodded. 

 

 

"Let's start again, shall we?" Hyomin told Sunny who nodded in return.

 

 

Yuri on the other hand gave them the cue to start. 

 

 

"Hi everyone! I'm Sunny. Nice to meet you!" 

 

 

"I'm Hyomin! Hello everyone!" 

 

 

"Do you have any idea of each other?" Yuri asked from behind the camera.

 

 

"I actually know Sunny," Hyomin started. This caused Sunny to look at her. "One of her videos is on the top of our channel," she paused looking back at the girl. "What? It is!" 

 

 

Sunny laughed gently, "I know. I'm just surprised." She turned back to Yuri. 

 

 

"I knew Hyomin," Sunny paused. "Well, not personally." She took a glance at the girl beside her looking at her curiously. "So technically, we're still strangers. We met just now." 

 

 

"Five minutes. We've been trying to know each other for five minutes now." Hyomin added and again, caused an uproar of laughter from the two PD and the crew but her attention was on Sunny and her smiling eyes. 

 

 

"Well, yeah. You're technically correct," Yuri said after she had calmed down. "So, got any ideas on what we're gonna shoot today?"

 

 

At the mention of the shoot, a tall, white, rectangular box was placed on the table in front of the two. 

 

 

Hyomin laughed, "I might have an idea. It's the most requested one, right?" She looked at the girl beside her and saw that she was still clueless.

 

 

"What is it?" Sunny asked until it dawned on her. "Jenga? Like what Jiyong and Seungri did?"

 

 

Yuri on the other just gave a smile.

 

 

Returning the smile, Sunny glanced at the girl beside her. "This is gonna be fun."

 

 

Hyomin smiled. "Same thought."

 

 

'Strangers Play Jenga for Couples'

 

 

Hyomin and Sunny listened as Yuri explained the game mechanics. It was no different from a regular jenga game but some of the blocks have questions or dares that either of them has to answer or do. They will be doing 'best of three' and whoever wins gets one 'wish' aside from the wish they'll get after each round. They both nodded in acknowledgment and proceeded on playing rock paper scissors to determine who's gonna have the turn first.

 

 

And it was Hyomin which in turn made Sunny poke her tongue on her inside cheek to jokingly portray she was annoyed. 'Again, cute.'

 

 

Hyomin carefully pulled one of the blocks from the middle of the tower and smiled upon seeing Sunny's expectant eyes landing on her.

 

 

"I got a question!" Hyomin said. "Ooohh this is too good. Are we really starting with this?" She asked Yuri.

 

 

"Please read the question for us." Said Yuri. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter