Birthday Party

Social
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Birthday Party

 

 

If she was socially unstable before, now that dating apps were gaining momentum Taeyeon felt she didn't belong in that world, let alone if her best friend insisted that these apps were the perfect solution to her problems. 

 

Was it? 

 

Of course it wasn't. 

 

Only a fool would go in and contact another person for a relationship with the risk that neither of them would be what the other expected. 

 

Well, Yuri is not the most sensible person Taeyeon knows, but she never imagined that her friend, who is a beautiful, intelligent and sociable woman, would resort to such methods to find a partner. 

 

Apparently it's not so easy to find a partner in the normal way, even if you have good looks. 

 

"Hey Tae" Said the world's least sensible person and Taeyeon's best friend, Kwon Yuri. 

 

"Now what?" Taeyeon was irritated, it's the fifth time so far this day. She hoped it wouldn't be another lecture on the importance of relating to other people. She'd had enough of that. 

 

"I need your help." Yuri said as she clasped her hands together in front of her chest. 

 

Okay, that's a new one. Yuri was not usually one to ask favors of anyone. 

 

"About what?" 

 

Taeyeon is curious. 

 

"It's about Jessica." Yuri says once she has sat down in front of Taeyeon. His face is serious and she can see through his eyes that something is bothering her. 

 

"What's wrong with her?" Taeyeon asked with concern. 

 

I was hoping it's nothing bad. 

 

You wonder who Jessica is. Well, Jessica is Yuri's girlfriend, they both met on the world's most famous dating app and started dating. 

 

Taeyeon dealt with Yuri's girlfriend several times and although at first she thought Jessica seemed like a cold person with time she found out that she is someone nice. So that's why she is worried that something really serious happened between the two.

 

"Jessica asked me to invite you to her birthday party and you can't say no to her invitation, otherwise she'll make me sleep on the couch with no cuddling rights." 

 

'And here thinking it was a bad thing. Stupid Yuri.' Taeyeon thought. 

 

"Okay, I'll accept the invitation on one condition." 

 

It's time for Taeyeon to play with the cards in her favor. 

 

"Whatever you want."  

 

It was very easy for Taeyeon to persuade Yuri. "You'll stop bothering me with dating or I won't go to that party and you can forget about cuddling with Jessica." 

 

"That's not fair!" Yuri complained. 

 

"Nothing is fair in this life. You decide, Jessica or the couch?" 

 

"Fine." Yuri reluctantly agreed. 

 

"We have an agreement." 

 

"But you know I'm not the only one who's interested in you going on a date." Yuri said arrogantly. 

 

"Don't worry, I can handle Yoona and Sunny." 

 

"It's okay. I'm leaving now. I'll give Jessica your answer." 

 

"Okay. See you." 

 

Yuri was about to leave, but stopped inches from the door. 

 

"I almost forgot, the party is this Saturday at the beach house." 

 

"I know the place. Don't worry, I'll be there." 

 

"Okay, I'll see you later."

 

....

 

The days flew by and it's the weekend. The big party at Jessica's beach house was no joke. There were about 100 people walking around the place in simple and comfortable beach outfits. 

 

Jessica, the host and honoree, can afford such luxuries because she is one of the richest people in the country and her friends are well-known celebrities, so they deserve a big party. 

 

Taeyeon, who had promised to be present, arrived at the appointed time with a beautiful and expensive gift for her best friend's girlfriend. She was also dressed in a simple dress that made her beautiful body stand out. 

 

"Congratulations Jessica." Taeyeon squeezed the woman in a tight and warm hug. 

 

"I'm glad you could be here." Jessica said after separating from the hug. She really appreciated that the most important people in her life were present. Taeyeon didn't know it, but Jessica considered her more than a friend almost like a sister. 

 

"I couldn't miss it. Besides, you're my friend and Yuri's girlfriend." 

 

"Unfortunately." Jessica said jokingly making Taeyeon laugh. 

 

"Hey, I heard that." Yuri said once she approached both girls. 

 

"That was the purpose." 

 

"Ha ha very funny midget." 

 

"Making fun of other people's height is really stooping low Yuri. Jessica should reconsider dating you." 

 

"I'm sure Jessica has my back on this. right honey?" 

 

"MMM.. I agree with Taeyeon." Jessica said seriously and positioned herself beside Taeyeon. Yuri was surprised by her girlfriend's action, she really didn't expect Jessica to take that comment seriously since she always had. 

 

"Baby I was just kidding hehe." Yuri laughed nervously. The last thing she wanted was to piss Jessica off on her birthday.

 

Jessica showed no sign that she was joking, which made Yuri think she had really messed up, but suddenly Jessica's laughter began to echo throughout the place. Yuri was perplexed by her girlfriend's behavior. 

 

Yuri needed an explanation. 

 

And she needed it now. 

 

"Yah! Do I need you to explain what's going on?" Yuri exclaimed slightly irritated by the situation. 

 

Jessica, for her part, couldn't stop laughing and Yuri didn't help much with her bratty girlish gestures. She would still be laughing if it wasn't for the fact that she was starting to notice Yuri's angry face. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter