heaven, my dear, is a place on earth with you

heaven, my dear, is a place on earth with you

The forest whispers to him.

The sun is low beside him as he walks, it’s golden shine lighting up the dirt path as he moves. It’s been months since he’s been back, fighting wars for other people, spoiled royalty and stuck-up aristocrats mainly. But now, finally - with new scars and blood wounds - he’s home.

‘Home’ is a forest far away from other towns and cities, and it talks to him, wrapping its arms around him in welcoming. His tower sits in the middle of the forest, a brick fortress that has stood tall for centuries, vines and moss hugging every inch of it.

But there’s one part of this forest that makes this place truly home, and suddenly, like a shadow that’s creeped upon him, that part appears from the trees, stepping out with a smile.

He looks more like a ball of sunshine and nature than ever in this moment.

Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun blushes, his lips a rosy pout, and Jongwoon’s charging forward, wrapping him in his arms before he can think. This is why he still fights for this country. This is where he had wanted to be all of these months.

His hand reaches up to Kyuhyun’s head, and Kyuhyun smiles into his neck. Whether or not he knows the emotions rising in Jongwoon, he hides his reaction well, letting Jongwoon hold him.

Kyuhyun smells like fresh rain and autumn leaves in his arms, and the skin revealed between his veil of flowers and leaves is warm like the earth.

“I missed you.” Kyuhyun whispers, his flowers turning slightly pink.

Jongwoon smiles, reading the words for what they really meant. “You knew I was fine, I’m sure Siwon reassured you after he visited with his fires.”

Kyuhyun stiffened, staring up at him with a pout. “I didn’t tell him to actually go to you…”

He leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to Kyuhyun’s lips. “You’re adorable.”

“It wasn’t me.” The whine is immediate and if he leans down to silence it with his lips than at least no-one’s there to see it.

Pulling back, Jongwoon laughs, amused at the blush on Kyuhyun’s cheeks.

Kyuhyun huffs. “I really didn’t tell him to go!”

“And that’s why he definitely didn’t tell me of how you’ve complained and complained about how long wars last?”

Jongwoon suppresses a smile as Kyuhyun’s eyes widen but he doesn’t deny it, and for that Jongwoon lays a soft kiss on Kyuhyun’s head, brushing a stray hair out of the male’s eyes.

Kyuhyun does scowl at the revelation though. “I should enchant that man’s mouth shut; put a curse on him for the rest of eternity.”

Jongwoon laughs, knowing that his mischievous wind spirit of a lover means every word. “I’ll make sure he knows of his mistakes.”

Kyuhyun shoots him an amused smile. “I doubt you will.”

He laughs, but then again, maybe he should treat his lover for being so patient.