0.00

Glasses and Curses

A 16-year-old YN, dressed in a black silk leather jacket, dark jeans, and sneakers. The night is bitterly cold in Bicentennial Park as she wait solemnly for someone who needs an explanation of something that could tear them apart. She sat on a bench, groping the back of her hands in rage but with a calm demeanor. Her lips were blown apart like a petal, tightly eloped in a stoic manner, and her piercing eyes shot daggers in the wind. She can't describe how aggravating it was to receive a surprise text from her girlfriend, as if it were a sword stabbed repeatedly into her heart. Her own nightmares began to resurface as if they were real rather than a fantasy.

 

She has no idea what fate had in store for her this time.

 

"Y\N."

 

She hears a sweet honey voice as if it was a soothing whisper to calm her tense nerves. It was Roseanne Park who stood in her way, dressed in a flattering yellow knee-length dress that complimented the milkiness of her thinner legs and sheltered by a black leather jacket for protection against the cold wind. YN's dark and pointed raging eyes looked through the innocent hazel brown eyes, as if sending each stare a message about why she couldn't explain this time.

 

She stands, sighing heavily, to reach Roseanne's height. Despite the fact that she was ten inches taller. "Do you realize what you did to me? "The text you sent the other day," they said, with flaring nose and closing the gap between them until their breaths became one. "I was hurt and broken because I lost my part-time job because I was thinking about why you wanted to end this."

 

 

Roseanne's gleaming eyes dimmed as her bright face turned sour, and guilt washed over her soul.

 

 

"I apologize." Roseanne mumbles, unable to focus her stare on the searing bloodshot eyes in front of her. YN hands that pinned against the shoulders, clasping with so much force that each time it fondled, it became an itch. She didn't mind at all. "I had no choice. I have dreams to fulfill, and this time, there is a chance that I will be able to do so. My father has already booked a flight for me after I won the contest, so I don't have a choice but to end our relationship."

 

 

Hearing those words caused YN's eyes to well up with small tears, the rummaging beats of her heart interrupting the cycle of her breath. "Do you even consider how I would feel?" she asks quietly. "Doesn't it seem like I'm not that important to you?"

 

 

Shuddering breath and small cries filled the cold lone room of the park. The night was uncomfortably cold. It was stingy cold and unsatisfying when the cold winds attempted to freeze the hot tears in her cheeks. Roseanne maintained her usual i-don't-care demeanor, making YN feel even more heartbroken that the girl she loves did not fight for her. Those times when being together becomes her safety and happiness are nothing more than a shadow that slowly disappears. Those heated moments that became her gift for a lifetime are no longer a valuable gift to be treasured. Those moments that shape them into a better person were nothing more than degenerate sand.

 

 They're all nothing now.

 

It is, however, not too late to do nothing. She wants to feel the girl's soul again, hoping to find something that will prevent her from leaving. She attempted to rekindle her feelings for the girl with a gentle kiss. Hopefully, these kisses will deter the girl from pursuing her dreams and instead encourage her to stay with her. For the sake of her well-being and happiness.

 

 

When the girl didn't pursue her lips, her face was filled with dismay. Roseanne was determined to put an end to them both.

 

 

Stepping away in embarrassment, flushed cheeks b with tears. YN looked down at the ground, her heart no longer able to feel her pain. She wanted to erupt in rage to see the girl who was the cause of her life becoming a shambles in just one night due to the sudden break-up. Her life hasn't been filled with joy; instead, her abusive father and family have only brought her sorrow and pain. Growing up without parental support was so difficult that she was able to find a part-time job at such a young age to support her needs and school expenses.

 

 

Her life had been full of ups and downs, and meeting Roseanne was the best thing that had ever happened to her. Roseanne's smile made her happy and inspired her to work harder in life. She was YN's good luck charm.

 

 

However, there will be no more. She wanted her to feel as if everything was fine with only a few nods. That she understands her so well. Even so, those aren't giving her a year to be a better person. All she has to do is accept everything. She looked through the brown eyes with glistening eyes and stared at it for a minute to remember everything on her.

 

 

She placed her right hand on its cheeks, feeling the tenderness that ran through her veins like electricity. Once more, an arrow pierced her heart, pounding in agony. "I hope you'll be content with your reason for keeping us apart. I'm trying to understand you, but if you want to be a singer in the future, I'm not going to back you up. I'm not going to be an idiot and try to win you back. I will fill my heart with so much hatred for you that I will never love you again."

 

 

She turned her back and walked away from the girl who causes so much pain and despair.