fin.

Double Date
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Serin, I need you to go on a double date with me."

Serin cast her friend, Yoonji, with a weird look with a cocked brow.

"Why? Is this why you asked me to meet you?"

The two friends were at a cafe that Yoonji invited Serin to.

"Yes and you're the only one I can count on to do this favor for me."

Serin still had no clue why Yoonji was asking her to do this. Her friend continued talking.

"You've known Kangmin the longest out of the others and I know you have no plans tomorrow."

"How do you know I don't have something else to do or with someone else?"

"You're ignoring Dongheon, you caught up on all your school assignments already, and were just planning to binge watch Psychic Princess and some other anime show."

"Wow and I'm not ignoring Dongheon. I've been busy."

"Mmhmm. Right, sure you are."

"I am."

"Yeah, anyways, I really want to go on a date with Hoyoung without my little brother tailing us like in our previous dates."

Serin chuckled knowing how much Kangmin worried for Yoonji before responding.

"Yoonji, just tell Kangmin to stop spying on y'all and to let you enjoy your date with Hoyoung."

Serin then made a face.

"Besides, I don't wanna go on a date with Kangmin. He's like a little brother to me. Why not ask the others to do it?"

"They're all busy tomorrow with their own plans and like I said earlier, you're the only one that doesn't have anything to do tomorrow."

Yoonji pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Please, Serin. I'll buy you a month's worth of bubble tea and sweets!"

Serin wasn't budging.

"Two month's worth of bubble tea and sweets."

Yoonji stepped up a notch as her puppy eyes were matched with pouting lips.

"Oh, no, Yoonji, please. Not that face. Ugh, just stop making that face. It's not a good look for you. Please stop."

Serin pushed her friend's face away from her while reluctantly giving in.

"Fine. I'll do it since you're my friend and you're begging super hard for this."

"Thank you so much, Serin!"

Yoonji leaned over the table to pull Serin in for a big hug.

"You're a lifesaver!"

"Yeah, yeah."

Serin patted her friend before pulling away.

"I still expect two month's worth of sweets and bubble tea though."

"Of course!"

The one official couple and the second unofficial couple arrived at Everland for their double date in the late afternoon. Hoyoung decided to pay for all four of them, which Serin said he didn’t have to, but he insisted as a 'thank you' of sorts. Serin knew how much of a big 'thank you' it was. Anyways, Yoonji clung to Hoyoung’s arm and excitedly.

"So, Hoyoung, what do you want to do?"

Hoyoung cast his girlfriend a smile with a cheerful laugh.

"Anything that you want to do, Yoonji."

"I want to see the four seasons garden then!"

"Let's go."

Yoonji faced her friend and brother.

"Hoyoung and I are gonna ride the Festival Train in European Adventure. You guys have fun on your own date!"

Yoonji happily pulled Hoyoung in their direction. Serin waved them off before casting her gaze onto the younger male.

"Alright, Kangmin. What do you want to do to kill time?"

Kangmin stared after his sister and her boyfriend with a hard look.

"When it's a double date, aren't both couples supposed to hang out together doing the same things?"

Yoonji just shook her head at her friend’s words and asked Daehyun, “So, what do you want to do to kill time?”

“When it’s a double date, aren’t both couples supposed to hang out together and do the same things?”

Kangmin wondered out loud more to himself than towards Serin. He mischievously peered over at Serin.

"Let's go on the Festival Train ride, too, Serin."

Serin quickly grabbed a hold of Kangmin's arm before he could follow after his sister and her boyfriend.

"C'mon, Kangmin. Let Yoonji and Hoyoung enjoy their date without you bothering them."

She eyed him with a firm look.

"Besides, she can take care of herself and Hoyoung treats her really well. Just trust them to do their own couple things and just be an annoying little brother instead of a protective brother."

Serin led the two of them towards American Adventure to put distance between them and the couple.

"But what if he ends up breaking my sister's heart? She'll end up crying herself to sleep every night until she finds another guy to latch onto. I’m her brother and I need to protect her from that kind of heartbreak."

Kangmin tried to shake himself free of Serin’s hold on him, but she still held on. Serin rolled her eyes while keeping a firm grip on Kangmin's arms.

"I know you're only trying to protect her, but you can't always and need to let things be. Besides, I'm sure she would rather be dealing with a little brother that makes

Please log in to read the full chapter