Maybe, right?

Still With You

The night isn't getting any younger but we're still here on the living room watching a boring show on TV. I dont even have any idea if he's still paying attention or not. Maybe I'll try to get his attention...trying wont hurt right? 

"My phone fell, my bad" I tried to chuckle on the end. Jungkook looked at me blankly with zero interest. Well at least he tried.

"Just be careful next time" Jungkook said flatly then faced the televison once again. The awkward silence is killing me! It used to be comfortable but why does everything felt off these days? Am I missing something? Waiting for a minute feels like forever, waiting for him to say a thing felt like a decade right now. I was expecting him to say something but I was wrong. He instead stood up and went to our bedroom. I sighed and followed him instead.

"Hey, you left me on the living ro--" I stopped on my track and saw him giggling at something on his phone. Why is he smiling, I don't see him smile that way to me these days? What seems to be the thing here. I went to join him on the bed and tried to engage a conversation with him.

"Sorry I left you there, I just feel sleepy all of the sudden" Sleepy? I just saw you giggle at your phone moments ago. I shrugged off my thoughts and proceeded to answer him.

"Yeah, it's very fine. I'm here already, see?" I replied to him with a smile. But he just raised his head to look at me apathetically and went his attention back to his phone. I hate this atmosphere. We used to be so fun, where did things go wrong? 

"So! What are you giggling on your phone about? is it a cat meme? wow, let me see I wanna giggle too!" I said while trying to grab his phone playfully for I am so curious already, I wanna see something funny too. However, he was fast at dodging his phone away from me. Well that was new, now that just fueled my curiousity. 

"Why are you hiding your phone away from me? I just wanna see what you're giggling about" I said to him as if I want him to say something. This is killing me, I've been itching to know what it really is.

"Tae, let's sleep. I am tired." He replied and went to lay on the bed and covered himself under the covers. I've had enough, I have to let this out. 

"Gguk, are you hiding something to me?" I stood infront him but my back is facing him. "You just gotta tell me if there's something wrong, you know? "

"There's nothing to tell you, I dont have anything to hide" He said under the covers that are engullfing him. I can sense that he's being senseless now. I can't take this anymore, I have to tell him before I snap.

"What are you hiding on your phone, then? You felt so defensive earlier, we used to be so free at everything but these days your actions felt off. Is there a problem? I was shaking.

"Tae, stop pl--"
"is there something I dont know?"

"I said stop-"
"Is there someone new? Are you seeing someone new?!" I snapped and tried to digest my tears for I can't cry. No, not this time.

"ANSWER ME!" 

"Yes...I'm sorry" 

I smiled bitterly. I just want him to be honest and now, it happened. Well I guess the truth hurted more than I think it will.

"There, you said it. Thank you..." It all made sense now. 

'You should have said it sooner, you know? I never knew that it was just me left all these time." I smiled scathingly while shaking my head in disbelief. It somehow gave me relief that he's being honest but this kind of relief is the last thing that's in my mind right now.

"Tae, I am sorry but it just felt like there's not spark between us anymore. I thought it will be fixed, I thought it would be fine, but I was wrong." 

I smiled in pain then answered.

"I told you to be vocal about your feelings, and we've always been. What seems to be the reason why all of the sudden you've decided just on your own. You're selfish for doing that. I am your partner for s sake. How am I supposed to know your feelings if you're just going to digest it all on your own" 

Jungkook fell silent, and I continued to speak.

"I can't blame you if you felt that way but why..." I chuckled bitterly. "It was just me left who's inlove...still" 
"I'm sorry."  He said emptily.

"I am so blind...where did I go wrong, Gguk?" 
"I grew tired...and loving you felt like an obligation rather than feeling it freely with all my heart. Well I guess things changed."


That stabbed my heart way to deep. I want him to be honest, I want it to hurt, I want it to hurt until there's nothing left to feel anymore. 

"This isn't working anymore, Tae. I have to say it. We should let our hearts go...separately." Daggers we're constantly thrown at me. All I felt as of the moment is pain, my heart are slowly losing blood as the words he were daggers that are shot straight into my heart and as they continue to flow. 

"I know...but have you ever loved me, Jungkook?" Even though I already know the answer, I still had the guts to ask him. 

"I loved you, Tae... But let's end this.I am sick of it" I've already lost count on how many knives we're stabbed at me. This is starting to feel numb. 

"Loving you wasn't hard, but staying inlove is a choice, I loved you and this is the end."