Soulless

Soulless

Chuu was so happy, she was on her way to film a short music video with Yves, she missed the time they would have lots of projects together. Chuu missed her favorite unnie so much and was almost jumping as she walked down their building. Her driver waved at her and Chuu joined him close to the car.

 

She smiled as she saw Yves already sitting in the backseat and smiling at her through the open window. Yves was just coming back from work, she was hosting a new show, Chuu never missed an episode, she was supporting Yves in every project she was doing, just like Yves was also supporting Chuu with her projects.

 

The previous weeks they would see each other a lot more as they prepared the choreo for this little music video. The driver went to the driving seat and called the rest of the staff that was already on the filming spot, finishing the last preparation.

 

Chuu sat beside Yves and started asking about the older girl’s day, Yves told her about it and they talked happily while the driver drove them out of town.

 

It was already late, and it started to get dark. They drove for some minutes before the driver’s phone rang. He let it ring as he was driving then it rang again and he sighed. As it rang a third time he apologized to the girls and stopped on the side road. He took his phone and frowned as he turned his head to look at the two girls behind.

 

“I have to take this, I won’t be long.” he said getting out of the car and walked away. 

 

Yves looked at him as he was walking while talking on the phone, still standing in the car light.

 

“What’s wrong with that guy?” asked Yves, her eyes still on their driver. “He looks tense.”

 

Chuu shook her shoulders. “I don’t know, he’s probably stressed. He only started this job some weeks ago.” she said following Yves’ eyes and looking at their driver, he kept walking and was a little further away from the car now. “He’s probably been driving the staff around all day to prepare for the project…He must be tired of something.” said Chuu as she was always trying to put herself in other’s shoes.

 

“Talking about the project,” started Yves as she looked at Chuu now, “I’m happy to do it with you.” she said sincerely and Chuu smiled brightly before jumping into Yves arms.

 

“I’m so happy too!” yelled Chuu with her high pitched voice making Yves roll her eyes but smile at how cute Chuu was, she hugged her back and laughed as Chuu kept saying how happy she was in a cute voice.

 

Yves pushed her away slowly and laughed. Chuu looked at her with her cute face and raised her eyebrows as she smiled very happily.

 

“How can you be so cute?” asked Yves as her heart melted everytime she was around Chuu. The girl had the power to make everyone love her, she was the sweetest person Yves ever met and she had such a big heart and so much love to give. Her cuteness could heal everything in this world and Yves was glad to say that Chuu was her close friend.

 

“You must be very tired to admit you find me cute so easily,” teaser Chuu and Yves immediately started hitting her playfully while Chuu fought back laughing.

 

When they stopped Yves looked at Chuu, they both calmed down as their eyes met, “I was feeling exhausted some minutes ago but being around you energized me.” said Yves and Chuu smirked.

 

“Am I like your personal battery booster?” she asked all cute and smoothly taking Yves’ hand in hers intertwining their fingers but Yves smirked back.

 

“More like I get all energized to kick your annoying .” she answered with a teasing tone as Chuu made a fake offended face and started pouting, letting go dramatically of Yves’ hand.

 

Yves laughed and quickly grabbed Chuu’s side to tickle her, Chuu laughed as she tried to free herself from the older girl’s attack. They both laughed till they heard a powerful scream.

 

They looked in front of the car when they saw their driver dropping his phone and running toward them pointing in their direction.

 

Both girls panicked as he was approaching fast, Yves turned around and saw a shadow coming closer to the car from behind.

 

“Chuu!” she said pointing to the silhouette approaching the car. The driver made a sign to them to hide as he passed by and went behind the car to meet the person approaching.

 

Chuu's quick reflex was to pass her torso in between the front seats to lock the car’s doors then she sat back in the back beside Yves taking her hand in hers. They turned around quickly and looked through the back window, seeing their driver some meters away getting closer to the silhouette. It saw probably a man, he was tall, wearing all black, his face hidden by a hood, Yves tried to look closer but it was too dark to see his face.

 

Suddenly the driver approached the stranger but the black silhouette pulled him closer and held the driver close to his face for a moment before suddenly pushing him away making him fall in the ditch on the side of the road.

 

“Ahh!” yelled Chuu surprised and the silhouette looked in the car’s direction.

 

“ hide…” said Yves quickly as they both curled down hiding between the backseats and the front seats of the car, with the tinted windows they couldn’t be seen.

 

But Chuu straightened and looked up to see what was happening. The person was standing right behind their car, he was wearing a silly clown mask hiding his face. Chuu swallowed hard, Yves grabbed her sweater and made her hide again between the seats. They saw the clown walk around the car, he got his masked face closer to the front window as they weren’t tinted in the front and looked inside the car.

 

Both girls stayed silent and didn’t move, they were terrified. Chuu grabbed Yves’ hand and held it tight as they looked at each other, hiding carefully.

 

“It will be okay…” whispered Yves wanting to reassure Chuu who squeezed the older girl’s hand tighter.

 

Both girls jumped as the clown tried to open the door, he insisted and tried all the doors, walking around the car. Hitting the windows with his fists, making the girls jump, they were terrified.

 

“He knows we are here…” whispered Chuu, her breath short as her heartbeat was increasing with fear. “He will kill us.” she said her voice trembling and Yves shook her head.

 

“No, he won’t, we are safe here, he can’t enter the car.” she said, “Our driver will come back and make him leave.” she continued trying to reassure herself more than anything, it was clear she was terrified too.

 

Chuu took her courage and looked up trying to see if he was still around, it was too calm suddenly, she looked around and saw the silhouette standing in front of the door, on Yves’ side, he was holding a big rock and threw it against the window, it didn’t break but made Yves let out a little cry.

 

“Omg…” she breathed out, “Chuu…” she said while tears were coming to her eyes as she moved a bit closer to Chuu’s side, “We need to drive away…” she said but Chuu frowned.

 

“We can’t drive, what are you talking about…” she said in desper. 

 

“Chuu we need to get away…” begged Yves but Chuu knew it wouldn’t work, how could they drive away when they didn’t know how to drive, the clown picked up the rock and threw it again against the window, it made a different noise, the window was about to break down.

 

Yves tried to move over to go in the front seat, she was determined to leave this place but she was trembling and half paralized by the fear. On the third try the window shattered into thousand pieces and Yves turned around to face him, she moved back, pushing herself all over Chuu, trying to get as much away from the broken window as possible but he got his torso inside the car window and grabbed Yves’ legs pulling her to him, trying to take her out of the car by the window, the girls grabbed each other quicly, Yves trying to kick him with her legs to free herself but the man was too strong.

 

Chuu tried to pull Yves away from him but it wasn’t working, they were stuck. “Unnie…” breathed Chuu as she let go of Yves. Yves looked up at her and saw Chuu move quickly and go over her as she jumped on the guy and grabbed his hood pulling it on his face, using all her height to pull his head down.

 

He yelled in anger and let go of Yves’ legs. He grabbed Chuu’s thighs but her taekwondo training helped her, she steadied her feet and blocked him from trying to pull her out of the window. Yves looked at the short girl fighting their aggressor, she seemed fearless and so badass, Yves never imagined Chuu could fight like this.

 

She looked around and tried to take out the head support from the driving seat, it was stuck, she looked at Chuu, she was grimacing in pain as the clown was holding her tightly and pulling stronger and stronger. She couldn’t resist long. Yves sat down and used her legs to pull out the head support, she grabbed it and gathered all her strength to hit the clown in the head with it before pulling Chuu away from him.

 

The guy moved away from the car, putting his hood away from his hidden face, pulling the mask back in place as it moved down a bit while he was fighting with Chuu and looked at the girls who were resisting him.

 

“Unnie…” said Chuu as he was getting closer again clenching his fists in anger but as she looked beside her Yves wasn’t there, the older girl was in the front, she turned the key and started the engine. The clown ran in front of the car to stop her but Yves pressed the gas pedal surprising both girls as the car accelerated strongly. The clown jumped away, seeing Yves would drive over him and they drove away. Chuu looked back, seeing the silhouette disappearing in the dark.

 

“Yves!” said Chuu as they were going too fast into an abrupt turn. Yves braked but she lost control of the car and missed the turn, ending up driving in the little wood beside the road going down hill, the car kept rolling down fast, finally stopping as they hit a tree. 

 

Yves’ head hit the wheel, she looked around and touched her forehead, she was bleeding a bit.

 

“Chuu?!” she asked quickly and worried as she turned around to check on the other girl.

 

“I’m fine.” said Chuu, her lower lip bleeding a bit as her face hit the front seat making her teeth hit her lip. “I will probably be all bruised tomorrow.” she said as they both looked behind them. They were way below the main road, the car was probably too damaged to move now so they were stuck.

 

“We can’t stay here, that psychopath will find us…we didn’t go that far away from him...” said Yves as she started to panic again at the idea that the clown would find them.

 

Chuu looked back. “He won’t come down there to find us.” she said to reassure the older girl but she wasn’t sure about anything. Her body, still feeling the rush of adrenaline from fighting that crazy clown, was trembling. “What about the driver…?” asked Chuu, “He’s still out there,” she said looking down.

 

“He’s probably fine,” said Yves offering her hand to Chuu who instinctively took it and held it feeling more reassured. “Let’s find some help.”

 

Chuu nodded and jumped on the passenger seat to get closer to Yves then grabbed her phone to call for emergency assistance but she had no reception. “What about your phone?” asked Chuu and Yves took it out too but it was the same for her, her phone had no reception.

 

They looked at each other and sighed. Yves looked down and hesitated. “Chuu…” she whispered and Chuu looked up at her.

 

“Huum?” answered the cute girl and Yves looked up, meeting eyes with her. 

 

Yves grabbed both of Chuu’s hands in hers. “I… “ she swallowed and breathed out loudly. “Thank you.” she said sincerely. “You… you didn’t hesitate and put yourself in between that psychopath and me to help me.” said Yves thinking about how she almost died earlier, she didn’t know what that guy was about to do to her but she was so scared, she saw her life pass in front of her eyes. She thought it would be her last time breathing.

 

Chuu smiled at her before hissing a bit because of the pain on her lip. “I would do anything for a pretty girl like you.” she said more lightly as she let go of Yves’ hands and winked while doing her famous finger gun pose making Yves giggle.

 

“I’m serious, you probably saved my life Chuu.” Yves said and Chuu became more serious before nodding.

 

“I wouldn’t let anything happen to you, ever.” said Chuu sincerely, her eyes getting lost into Yves’. 

 

Chuu’s heart was beating fast again but this time it wasn’t fear, it was Yves, she was dying to tell her that she loves her but right now wasn’t the right time but at the same time who knows how this night will end…

 

For the second time this evening, they both heard that strong scream, it was like tearing apart the night. Both girls looked at each other.

 

“He’s around…” breathed Yves and Chuu swallowed hard.

 

“Unnie, if it’s our last... I…I...” Chuu hesitated, she didn't know how to say it so she closed her eyes, came closer to Yves slowly and kissed the older girl shyly, it was chaste and soft. As she opened her eyes Yves was smiling at her, Chuu smiled too even if the cut on her lip was hurting her badly right now.

 

“It won’t be our last…” said Yves as she took Chuu’s hands in hers and kissed it. Then she unlocked the doors. “Let’s get out of this hell…” said Yves and they got out of the car, the forest was dark, the car’s light still on and the turning lights blinking crazily.

 

Both girls looked around but suddenly they heard another loud scream. 

 

“This is not a human scream, this sound sends shivers through all my body…” said Chuu brushing her own arms.

 

Yves looked at her worried, it was true that that person was weird, why attack them suddenly, what did they want, where did they come from… was their driver really okay?

 

Yves pointed down the hill. “We should get out of here, we may find another road down there or some houses to find help.” she said and Chuu nodded.

 

“There will probably be some reception outside of the forest.” she agreed as they started walking away from the car, the more they were walking down the hill the darker it was, they were soon out of the car light reach and had hard time seeing the trees around them. 

 

Chuu took out her phone and used her flashlight so they could see better where they were walking. Instinctively, Yves’ hand found Chuu’s and they walked faster.

 

Another scream echoed through the forest, freezing the girls’ blood as it was definitely way closer than before.

 

“How did he catch up so fast with us…” said Chuu pointing her light in every direction around her, scared the man was there ready to jump on them again.

 

Yves squeezed the younger girl’s hand harder and pulled her faster. “Let’s run.” she said and they both started running.

 

They were both quite sporty, their dancing lessons helped with the good stamina and good breathing so they ran, they ran fast, not looking back anymore.

 

They kept running as fast as they could till Chuu tripped over a root and fell, letting go of Yves hand in the process.

 

“Chuu!” said Yves, stopping and turning to come closer to the younger girl to help her up. They felt a strong wind blowing at them, their hair coming in their faces, when they brushed it away they saw a shadow beside them. It turned around and Yves saw that stupid clown mask, she quickly helped Chuu up and stood in front of her to protect her from the man.

 

“Leave us alone!” she yelled at him but he just tilted his head and ran to her pushing her away and grabbing Chuu by the shoulders. He lifted her up, her feet not touching the floor anymore, her eyes closed, her head falling back he was like absorbing something out of . Seeing that Chuu was almost unconscious, Yves swallowed hard, she clenched her fists and thought about that hitting machine they played before, she remembered how she was so determined and hit it so hard making the best score. 

 

She focused and took some steps back then ran to hit him with all her strength catching him by surprise he let go of Chuu and fell on the ground groaning. Yves hurried beside Chuu and checked if she was okay.

 

“Chuu…” she whispered, taking her head in her hands and looking at her face closely. “Chuu are you okay?!”

 

Chuu opened her eyes slowly and frowned. “What happened…?” she asked but Yves didn’t have time to answer because she was seeing the black shadow standing up again, she grabbed Chuu’s arm and pulled her up quickly. “Run!” she told her as they ran again.

 

Chuu was running less fast, she was clearly weaker now and Yves did her best to pull her more making sure the younger girl was following her, she looked back from time to time but couldn't see anything as Chuu’s phone stayed on the ground with that crazy clown. 

 

“Unnie slow down, I can’t anymore…” said Chuu slowing down even more.

 

“We’re almost there.” said Yves, seeing the end of the forest and something that looked like a road. There were some streetlights, she could see them from here.

 

“I just can’t…I feel drained...” said Chuu breathless, the younger girl stopped and bent down to try to regain some air. “My body hurts from everywhere, it feels like I’m burning inside…” she said sincerely while Yves came closer to her and hugged her.

 

“I think the clown your energy or something…” she said, worried and still looking around.

 

Seeing how he found them so fast before he may already be close to them again. 

 

“I really feel so drained, Yves…” Chuu said, tears coming to her eyes. “It’s like he took the life out of me… it hurt and…” Chuu looked down. “I don’t have any energy left…” she said, falling on her knees.

 

“No no Chuu, come on, were almost there, come here.” she said, taking Chuu’s arms and pulling her onto herself to half carry her. “I will help you, I won’t leave you here.” said Yves carrying Chuu with her as she kept walking in the lights direction.

 

They finally arrived down there and Chuu collapsed on the road. A car blinded them as Yves kneel down to check on the younger girl, the car stopped just in time and two cops came out.

 

Yves looked up at them. “Help…” she begged holding onto Chuu strongly as the girl was closing her eyes, “Stay with me…” she begged the younger girl as she touched her forehead, the girl was burning with fever.

 

One cop approached and kneeled down closer to them and Yves realised it was policemen. “What happened, what are you doing in the middle of nowhere?” he asked checking on Chuu who was breathing slowly and looking very weak.

 

“Someone attacked us, we got into a car accident up there.” she said half sobbing as she pointed to the direction they arrived. 

 

“Our… driver…” said Chuu, opening her eyes slightly with a weak voice. “He’s still up there with the monster…” she said and Yves hugged her more tightly.

 

“The monster?” asked the second policeman taking his radio to call his colleagues so they could go on the other road check on the driver.

 

“He was terrifying, and wearing a clown mask.” explained Yves. “He did something to our driver and went to us, we tried to fight him back but he followed us here…” she explained, still shocked by everything that happened. “He did something to Chuu…” she added, looking at the other girl worried.

 

“Did he hurt her? What happened?” asked the man on the floor beside them.

“I don’t know... “ said Yves as she didn’t know how to describe what happened to Chuu earlier.

 

“You are safe now,” said the second cop. “The ambulance will be here in a minute.” he reassured them.

 

They got a radio call saying they found the car but not the driver.

 

Yves looked up, “He wasn’t near the car,” she told them, “Follow the road for 1 km or 2.” she informed them and the cop nodded before giving direction to the other cops.

 

As the ambulance arrived the men helped Chuu get up and both girls got into the truck but the radio started again.

 

“We found him.” said a voice. “Or more like what’s left of him…” the cops looked at each other and Yves frowned while Chuu took her arm worried. “We only found a pile of ashes and bones…” 

 

The cop hesitated. “Are you sure it’s him?” he asked while walking away not wanting the girls to hear that.

 

“It’s still warm but we called the specialist to do some analysis.” explained the other policeman.

 

“It’s similar to the other burned bodies we found.” said one of the men, “Looks like we got a serial killer around.” he said before turning back to the ambulance and walking closer. “You got some luck tonight, you are safe now so go get some rest we will come see you tomorrow at the hospital.” he said as he started to close the doors making signe to the ambulance to take them away.

 

While in the ambulance Yves took both of Chuu’s hand in hers the girl was burning, what if it was because of that monster, what if he did something to her, what if she ends up burning like their driver. Yves started crying while hugging Chuu’s hands.

 

The paramedic put his hand on Yves’ shoulder. “Her vitals are weak but she’s fine, her body temperature already lost two degrees, her fever is slowly going down, we will take care of her and after some rest she will be fine.” he said before looking at Yves’ injury on her forehead. “Let me take care of this too.” he said and Yves relaxed as he cleaned her cut and put a bandage, “You should stay at the hospital too this night, I will ask that they check your head and make sure you don’t have any concussion.” he informed her as he wrote down everything in the files that he gave to the nurse once they arrived at the hospital.

 

Yves didn’t want to be separated from Chuu but they both needed to pass some medical exams. She asked to be in the same room with Chuu and gave the number of their agency so their manager’s team can be contacted.

 

Once everything was fine with her she was guided to the room, there were two single beds and a small table beside each, a big window where she could see the city lights. Yves sighed then the door opened, and one nurse entered with Chuu.

 

“How are you?” asked Yves as she ran to her friend and hugged her.

 

“Better…” she said and Yves let go of her to help her sit on the bed.

 

The nurse informed them to rest and that some doctors will check on them again tomorrow, she also told them that they can press the service button if they need anything. The girls nodded and the nurse left.

 

Yves sat beside Chuu and passed her arm around the younger girl’s shoulder, Chuu let herself rest against Yves. “How do you really feel?” asked Yves again.

 

Chuu sighed. “The burning feeling is slowly going away, it was hurting so much Yves, you have no idea, I never felt anything like this before…” she said looking down and Yves kissed the top of her head slowly. “Our driver… he’s dead…” whispered Chuu and Yves nodded.

 

“I can’t believe it… that psychopath barely touched him… like he barely touched you but made you so weak…” she said not understanding.

 

“When he was holding me… he something in me… and the more he took away my life the more it was like I was burning…” said Chuu, “Maybe he did the same to our driver but as no one stopped him our driver ended up burning from the inside…” she said and Yves hugged her tighter. “If you didn't stop him… I would have burned too…” said Chuu. “How did you get him to let go of me?” asked Chuu looking up at Yves.

 

Yves smiled, “I hit him as hard as I could.” she said and Chuu smiled back before hissing, her lip got cleaned but it was still hurting when she was smiling. 

 

“I bet you beat your own record with that punch?” asked Chuu with a teasing tone and Yves was glad to see the girl was back to normal. 

 

“I would beat every record to keep you safe.” Yves said more softly and Chuu blushed.

 

Chuu hesitated. “I know it’s probably not the good time but about what happened between us earlier…” started the cute girl all shy and blushing even more.

 

“Since when are you so shy?” asked Yves with a light tone and Chuu looked up with a raised eyebrow. “Did I lose the flirty and cheesy Chuu in the woods?” she asked giggling and Chuu pouted.

 

“Yah!” said Chuu as she looked at Yves who was softly laughing at Chuu’s cute face. “I just almost died! How dare you tease me like this?” she asked and Yves laughed even more.

 

“You are right, you should get some rest then.” Yves said suddenly all serious and Chuu glared at her.

 

“So we won’t talk about the kiss?” she asked and Yves smiled.

 

“What do you want to say about it?” she asked, staring at Chuu intensely and getting closer to her, the short girl almost choked on her own saliva at the feeling, Yves' side was pushing against her and the older girl’s face was so close to hers.

 

“I... I just wanted to let you know I was sincere, it wasn’t just because I thought I would die without kissing anyone.” said suddenly Chuu talking so fast that Yves giggled at her cuteness.

 

“I was sincere too, Chuu.” she reassured her. “You really are important to me, I couldn’t imagine my life without you.” she confessed and Chuu smiled.

 

“Can you stay by my side tonight?” asked Chuu shyly again and Yves smiled at her. 

 

“Of course.” she said standing up and pulling over the blanket, Chuu got up too, and Yves patted the mattress beside her so Chuu quickly got back onto the bed and lay beside Yves that covered them both before hugging Chuu.

 

After relaxing in each other's arms Chuu looked up at Yves. “Unnie?” she asked in a whisper and Yves looked down at her. “Do you think they will catch that monster?” she asked worried as she was probably thinking back about everything that happened to them earlier.

 

Yves caressed her head softly. “I don’t know but we are safe here, that psychopath won’t be able to hurt us again.” she said and Chuu nodded.

 

“Good, because I really can’t imagine my life without you too.” said Chuu as she got closer to Yves face and kissed her softly. Yves kissed her back and smiled into the kiss which made Chuu smile too. They looked at each other and sighed in relief before getting comfortable again to finally get some rest...

 

FIN