Wind Flower

Wind Flower

 

 

"Miss Jung, You still have the last appointment at CJ Gallery '' said her secretary.

Wheein nodded. Ever since her art has been acknowledged by famous artist Jean-Michel Basquiat. All over the world was watching her and praising her for being a talented young artist. Wheein is only 22 and she can have everything she wants. She is smart, talented, beautiful, and rich. Everyone was trying to get her but she never showed her interest in any of them.

That night was a cold night. The snow was falling from the sky, the view was just so beautiful.

The car finally stopped in front of the CJ Gallery, The driver got out first to open the door for Wheein.

Suddenly, her phone rang. It got all her attention.

"hello?"

"Wheein.... can you come?"

Wheein was silent, " are you drunk?" she asked because she was worried " Where are you?"'

" RBW Bar.. please come.. I need you..."

 

Wheein looked at them, her secretary and her driver, " okay.. wait for me.. I'll be there"

 

"Miss Jung.. You can't..." her secretary was going to stop Wheein from doing silly things again. It's not the first time Wheein ran away from the meeting or cancelled the appointment just to meet her 'Best Friend'.

 

"My friend is more important, she needs me" Wheein got inside her car again.

 

"please, miss Jung.. we had already cancelled the appointment with CJ before, we can't do it again.."

 

Wheein looked at her watch, she got out again and walked faster to the elevator. The Secretary showed the Meeting room and Wheein immediately got in.

" Nice to meet you, Miss Jung" she greeted by a warm welcome. 

"Nice to meet you too, Miss Ahn" they shook hands before Wheein talked to her again, " I'm sorry for delaying our Meeting before.. "

"it's okay, i know how busy you are"

Wheein smiled, " thanks.. "

"so.. about the project.. We are planning to show your collection next month with a collaboration with Ahn Fashion, What do you think?"

"I'm okay with it... " she looked at her watch, " if you don't mind.. Can we talk tomorrow? as an apology for the previous cancelling meeting, i had already arranged a dinner and we can talk after dinner, what do you think?

"sure.."

Wheein smiled, " Thank you..So see you tomorrow, Miss Ahn"

"See you.."

 

Wheein walked out again and almost ran back to her car. " RBW Bar" she told her driver.

"Miss Jung.." Wheein's Secretary almost wanted to give up. she knew Wheein would never listen to her, but she needed to remind Wheein again, " I hope you are not cancelling tomorrow's dinner.."

Wheein nodded, " I'm sorry for giving you another trouble"

" It's okay.."

 

They finally arrived at the RBW Bar, Wheein told her driver to get her secretary home safely and told him that she will go home alone, so there's no need to pick her up again. " Thanks.. see you tomorrow"

Wheein's eyes were scanning the room and trying to find her best friend at every side of the room. She looked at the woman in red who was drinking alone. Her heart broke again. It's not a first time she saw her like this. Wheein  sat beside her best friend , " hei.."

The girl in red finally turned her attention to Wheein, " Wheein..." her eyes were red

"did you cry?" asked Wheein. " Yong... what happened?"

Yongsun took another drink, " she.. left... I tried to stop her.. but she.. she didn't need me.. she asked for a break up... I.." Yongsun started to cry again. " I love her so much.. Why can't she love me as much as I do.."

" let's go home, Yong.. you are drunk.."

Yongsun looked at Wheein, " it hurts.. it hurts so much, Whee.."

Wheein wiped her tears away, " I know.. It hurts me too to see you like this, Yong..." she helped her get up, " Let's go home.."

 

Wheein took Yongsun's car key and drove the car to Yong's Apartment. Yongsun kept murmuring in the car. Wheein could only sign heavily and focused on the road. It took 15 minutes for them to arrive at the Apartment. Wheein might be weak but she will get all her power to help Yongsun to walk to her room.

 

" You are so heavy, Yong.." she almost gave up because she hadn't eaten. All her energy was gone while walking Yongsun.

"Wheein.." Yongsun pouted and circled her hands around Wheein's neck.

" We're almost in your bed.." She put down Yongsun on her bed. she was going to leave but Yong grabbed her hand.

" don't leave me... please.." Yongsun started to cry again. " please... don't go.."

Wheein wiped those tears away again, "it's okay..." she hugged Yongsun, " I'm here with you..."

It needed several patting and humming to calm Yongsun down. After a few minutes, Yongsun finally slept.

Wheein slowly put Yongsun down and covered her with a blanket, " you deserve better, Yong..."

"Byul.. Please..don't go" is the last sleeptalk from Yongsun that broke Wheein's heart into pieces again.  

Wheein breathed heavily before she left the room. She walked to the living room and looked at the pictures around the room. It is filled with Yongsun and Moonbyul pictures. " why can't be me.."

 

--

 

The next day, Wheein woke up from the sofa, she was staying the night in Yong's Apartment. It's 6 AM in the morning, Yongsun was still sleeping and Wheein didn't have a heart to wake her up. She looked at the refrigerator and found nothing inside except milk. She left a note on it before going back to her own Apartment. She used Yong's car to drive back to her apartment. Wheein took a quick shower and changed herself. She called her secretary and informed her about her lateness. She took several breads and ingredients in the bag. She was thinking of making a simple toast for their breakfast.

She was going to get inside her car before some bouquet of flowers grab her attention

" Can I have a bouquet of flowers?" she asked the girl.

The girl smiled and handed her the flowers. Wheein paid it and walked back to Yong's car. The flowers smelt so good and it made Wheein smile. She was smiling and thinking about how Yong would be happy to see these flowers.

She parked her car and walked to Yong's room with flowers and a bag of food in her hands.

"Yong.." Wheein opened the door and called. But her smile was gone because of the sight in front of her.

It was Yong and her girlfriend.. They were hugging each other. Wheein stepped back and hid herself behind the wall. She looked at the things that she prepared for Yongsun. " did she even need these?" she asked herself before walking away from the room.

 

Wheein went to the security, " sir... can you give this car key to Miss Kim Yongsun?"

The security frowned, " why don't you give it to her?" The security had known Wheein since she had been there several times.

Wheein shook, " I.. " she lied " I have an urgent meeting.. " she gave the bag of food to the man, " I bought several breakfasts.. you can have them.."

The man smiled, " wao.. thanks miss Jung.. i will deliver the key to miss Kim, don't worry"

Wheein smiled weakly, " Thank you.."

She walked out from the apartment and looked at the flowers on her hand, she decided to throw it in the rubbish bin before taking a taxi to her office.

 

Everyone is surprised with Wheein early present in the office since Secretary Park informs that she will be late. "Good morning.." the employee greeted her.

Wheein just gave a small nod before meeting her secretary.

"oh! you are early Miss Jung"

"yeah.. let's start the meeting.."

 

Wheein was silent the whole day, she just talked when they needed her answer. She turned her phone off and never looked at it. Time flew so fast that day, it's already the last meeting of her day.

" Miss Ahn has already waited in the VIP Room"

Wheein nodded and walked inside to meet the woman. " Sorry for make you wait"

"It's okay, should we start ordering the food? I'm hungry"

Wheein smiled because Miss Ahn just acted cute in front of her. maybe she is not scary as her look , " sure.."

They were enjoying the dinner until Miss Ahn dropped the formality, " can i call your name?"

Wheein stopped eating and looked at her, " Sure.. you can call me Wheein.."

"and you can call me, Hyejin.." Hyejin smiled, " you have a beautiful name, Wheein"

" thanks.."

"are you single?" asked Hyejin again

Wheein nodded, " yes.." another short answer from our shy Wheein

"I like you"

Wheein choked. "sorry?"

"I said.. I Like You.. I would like to know more about you.. can we start as friends?"

Wheein nodded, " sure.. "

 

 

It's been three days since Wheein ignored Yongsun. She never answered her calls or replied to her messages.

Until one day, Yongsun showed up in front of the Wheein's Gallery.

" Whee.. "

Wheein looked at Yongsun. She didn't greet her back like she always does.

" your friend? " asked Hyejin

Wheein nodded, " my friend.. Yongsun... This is Hyejin.. " Wheein introduced them.

" Nice to meet you, I'm Hyejin" Hyejin smiled warmly and gave her a hand shake.

" Nice to meet you too, I'm Yongsun.. " Yongsun looked at Wheein. "Can we talk? "

" I've a date with hyejin.. Can we talk later? " Wheein answered.

Yongsun looked at Hyejin who smiled widely at Wheein's words.

" okay... "

Wheein nodded, " I will text you later.. " she grabbed Hyejin's hand and walked inside the car.  " let's go..  " she told her driver. 

When the car was moving away from Yongsun, Hyejin turned her attention to Wheein. " You like her, right? "

Wheein's eyes widened with her unbelievable face. 

" Why are you avoiding her if you like her? "

" she is engaged"

" ah.... Sorry.. "

Wheein smiled bitterly, " it's okay.. We are just friends.. "

" I'll be there if you need me.. " said Hyejin and those words touched Wheein's heart. Sometimes, Wheein found Hyejin was an amazing person, she was always there to cheer her up. They just knew each other for a few days but it's like they were friends for many years. Wheein didn't need to say anything and Hyejin had already read her mind.

" thank you.. For being a sweet friend.. "

Hyejin grinned and pinched Wheein's cheek, " you're welcome "

 

 

Yongsun waited for Wheein's text but it never came.

She decided to wait in Wheein's apartment.

It's been a long time since Yong visited Wheein place. It's still the same. Yongsun looked at the picture of She and Wheein who were smiling so brightly. She didn't know how long they had been going out together. She just realized after she dated Moonbyul, she started to become far away from Wheein. They were not as close as before.

 

The sound of the door could be heard from inside. Yongsun walked to the door and waited for Wheein to open.

And Their eyes met.

" Why are you here? " Wheein asked coldly.

Yongsun never expected that cold welcome from Wheein.

" Was I doing something wrong that night??" Yongsun asked back since she was hurt by Wheein's cold shoulder.

" no.. " Wheein took off her shoes.

" lying!!"

" I don't want a fight with you.." a sigh came out from Wheein.

" Me too, Wheein... Tell me what's wrong with us? "

" nothing wrong.. " she walked past her.

" you had avoiding me for 3 days"

" I'm busy.. " Wheein tried her best to avoid Yongsun but it never worked

" you always have time for me.. "

" not anymore, Yong.. " she looked at Yongsun who was silent because of her answer. " Why are you here, Yong? "

Yongsun still didn't answer.

" I read your message, I'm happy that you and moonbyul had already made up. She even proposed you.. " Wheein looked at the ring on Yong's finger. " congrats.. "

Yongsun cried, " Do you even care? "

Wheein sighed heavily, " I do.. " Yongsun's tears have always been Wheein's weakness. She walked closer and wiped her tears away, " sorry for making you cry.. "

" Why are you changing? " Yongsun held Wheein's hand as it was the warmest thing that she needed right now. she kept it on her cheeks and never let them go.

" I'm not changing.. I'm still Wheein... But... I can't always be there when you need me..." Wheein looked at the ring that was perfectly worn in her finger. It hurt her a million times when she saw it this morning. " I'm leaving, Yong... I'm going back to Paris "

 

Yongsun never felt so mad in her life, she never felt so disappointed. She hoped there's a reason to stop Wheein from leaving but she couldn't find the right one. " will you coming back? "

" I will.. "

" promise? "

Wheein tried to smile, " promise.. " she hoped Yongsun didn't see her emotions. " it's already night.. Did you bring your car? "

Yongsun shook

" you should ask moonbyul to pick you.. "

" can't you send me home? "

Wheein shook, " I'm sorry.. I drank alcohol.. " she lied.

" okay... When is your flight to Paris? "

" Next week" she lied again.

" okay.. We still have several days.. I can take a leave for a few days.. You also need to empty your days for me.. We need to do a lot of things before you left"

" You sound like I'm going to leave forever " said Wheein and made Yongsun silent.

" I just had a feeling that you won't be back soon.. "

" Yong... " Wheein called her, " you know you are my favorite person in this world, right? " she smiled " so.. Please stop over thinking"

"okay.. I'm sorry.. "

Wheein smiled bitterly. " it's okay.. " she pulled Yong closer and hugged her tightly as it was their last hug. " promise me that you will be happy... "

" I will, Wheein.. "

 

 

It was the last conversation between them. The next day Wheein was gone.

She left Seoul and went to Paris without telling Yongsun but she left the last message for her.

 

Her last text for Yongsun.

 

 

Yong, I'm leaving...

Sorry for not telling you..because i just can't.

I always tell you that you are my favorite person in this world but you never told me who your favorite person in your world is.

I know it's not me... right?

Sometimes.... i hope that the world would have only the two of us

‘cause that might make you love me, even just a little..

Yong... I love you..

I love you so much, that's why I leave.. so don't try to find me..

Thank you for everything..

Love you,

Wheein