EPILOGUE

I'm Your Girl

The pair sat side-by-side as they continue to sip on their iced coffee and watched the sun set on the horizon opposite them.

 

It was the day after Hyunjin’s promposal and confession, and the two had been visibly shy around each other. Upon realizing this, Jungeun decided to text her – now, girlfriend – to meet up at the basketball court like before.

 

The two talked about how things were going to stay literally the same with them; except of course with more hand-holding, cuddling and – much to Jungeun’s shy giggling – kissing.

 

So now, they sat on the benches near the court, passing time and just doing what they usually do.

 

“Okay so I have a question.” Jungeun starts, setting her near empty cup beside her.

 

“How in the world did you get Heejin involved in all this?” Hyunjin smiles and takes a sip from her own cup before answering.

 

“Ah. She actually asked me to prom.”

 

“WAIT WHAT?” Jungeun looks at her, baffled. Hyunjin ends up in a fit of laughter after seeing the look on Jungeun’s face. The latter pouts, earning her a clingy Hyunjin wrapped around her waist and peppering her face with kisses.

 

“Okay but seriously,” Jungeun finally stops giggling after Hyunjin ends the kiss attacks.

 

Hyunjin settles a bit, before starting her story – which meant it must be a pretty interesting story in Hyunjin’s terms.

 

“So I was in my art class with her, right? We were sitting opposite each other while we were finishing our activity for the day when all of a sudden, she walks over to me and asks me out for prom in this weirdly loud voice.” 

 

Huh, that was pretty bold. Jungeun thinks, but she lets Hyunjin go on with her story.

 

“And so, I was about to say no but I saw her looking at me with these eyes – like she was pleading for me to say yes or something. Then she kept glancing beside me, to where Jiwoo was. You know Jiwoo, my friend from the AV Club?” Jungeun nods, remembering the hyperactive ball of energy that is Kim Jiwoo.

 

If Energizer ever needed a new mascot aside from the bunny, Jiwoo can definitely take the cake.

 

 

“I understood that she was just trying to get her attention, so I kinda said yes.”

 

“And then what happened?” Hyunjin simply shrugs, taking another swig of her drink.

 

“Jiwoo didn’t even flinch, man. She was so immersed in doing her artwork, she didn’t hear anything. So after class, we talked a bit and that’s when she just kind of opened up about her crush on Jiwoo.”

 

Jiwoo and Heejin. Now that’s a combination Jungeun didn’t expect.

 

“Then I kind of saw myself in her, you know? Pining for someone and not being able to tell them how I felt, and we talked about it. Then I realized I just had to tell you.” Hyunjin smiles, reaching forward to tuck a stray strand of Jungeun’s dark brown hair behind her ear.

 

“Oh that, you did. But you said you were gonna ask Heejin out, not me.”

 

“I had to see what you would have liked for the confession of course! Didn’t you realize how I always said ‘what would you like if it were you?’’

 

The brunette mouths an ‘oh’, realizing how deeply submerged she was in trying to be the best friend Hyunjin needed, that she didn’t notice these things.

 

“And I did ask for her permission to kinda use her as a decoy in exchange of me helping her ask Jiwoo out.” Jungeun hums in understanding. It did take Hyunjin a whole lot to get where they are now, and she still can’t believe it until now.

 

“You two got any plans on how to do that?”

 

“Actually…” Hyunjin smiles in a way that was endearingly familiar. “I was hoping you could help us out with that.”