Santa Can You Hear Me?

Of Sons and Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

For a child, Christmas has always been the best part of the year, well, of course apart from their birthday. So to say that our little Seungwan is ecstatic is a bit of a downplay and who will bear it besides her sister?

 

Seungwan has been tossing and turning on her bed to which she is fairly new since it hasn’t been that long ever since her parents decided that she and her sister should have their own bedroom. But tonight, it isn’t the unfamiliarity that’s keeping her up and despite being exhausted from all the baking she did because apparently she insisted that her mom let her make the cookies alone so Santa will be impressed and grant her wish this year. To which her mother only smiled, knowing fully well what she wanted because Seungwan has been raving about it not so discreetly ever since she saw it a few weeks back.

 

When the seven year old got too tired of her restlessness, she got up from her bed and went out of her room. She carefully and silently closed her bedroom door and quietly made her way to her sister’s bedroom. Without hesitation Seungwan turned the knob and let herself walk closer to the sleeping figure on the bed in the middle of the room. “Unni..” she called softly and waited for a few seconds to see if she was successful in putting the person back in the human realm. “Seunghee Unni~” she sang merrily with a light nudge on her sister’s shoulder. When she realizes that none of these attempts will work on getting her sister out of the wonder realm, she rolled her eyes in frustration and thought “who is she kidding? It’s Seunghee. If Seungwan loves sleeping, her sister worshipped sleeping.” So she does what she does best, she climbs on the bed, stands up, and starts counting as quietly as possible “one.... Two…. three... “ she took a deep breath and launched herself fully onto the sleeping figure.

 

“What the- Seungwan what are you doing?!” thankfully, her sister didn’t wake the whole household up because if she did, they would be in big trouble and no one wants to get in trouble when it’s literally the night before Christmas. Seungwan lay on top of her sister with her front lying their bodies forming a cross, her head and her hand dangling on the bed. “I can’t sleep, Unni” Seunghee groaned and tried to wiggle out of her sister’s body. “Well, I can baby so kapoosh! Get up~” Seungwan got up from her sister but instead of getting off the bed she settled beside her sister and clung to her arm and snuggled closely. “You need to get used to your room, Wan.” Seungwan whimpered and propped her head up and rested it on her one hand. “But that’s not why I am awake~ Unni, it’s christmas! Don't you feel excited about your gift?!” Seungwan stared at her sister whose eyes are closed Seunghee just groaned trying her best to return the zen of her sleep but the silence and lack of response from her sister and because she knew her sister very well that she sure knew that the little one is sending her the puppy pleading gaze. She slowly peaked with her one eye and there it is, Seungwan giving her an extra puppy pleading face a lot more than what she usually does. She let out a slow deep sigh, accepting defeat because really, during her two years of existence, when Seungwan was born she knew at such a young age she’d be more than willing to lose to her every waking day. After all, Seungwan used to be her Christmas wish.

 

“Fine, wannie. What do you want?” She asked as she pulled herself up and with Seungwan clinging in her arms, the younger Son got pulled up as well. Seungwan did a fist pump, exclaiming yet one of her victories against her sister. “I want a hot chocolate! And oh! The cookies!” She excitedly answered as she detached from her sister as she made her way out of the bed.

 

The two reached the kitchen and Seunghee settled herself on the bar stool by the kitchen nook. Seungwan gave her sister a questioning look with her head tilted a little. When her sister didn’t budge she walked closer to her and nudged her side, “Unni…” And yet again the older let out an overly dramatic groan (as if she doesn’t love it when Seungwan needs her), she clicked her tongue, her resolve once again broken by just one word (what a stupid one word, but she treasures it a lot. Remind her again why she is being a tsundere to her sister?) “Wannie, you’re old enough to fix yourself a cup.” But Seungwan just stared at her so she got up and actually grinning amusingly at how things like this played out between the two of them.


 

“Unni, do you think Santa can hear me?” Seunghee raised one of her eyebrows, gauging if she will actually give the honest answer to her sister but she decided maybe Seungwan can still hold on to that white bearded man a little longer. Instead of answering her directly she decided to probe instead, “Thinking about that cooking set are you?” she playfully asked her. “I really want it, Unni. I’ve been asking Santa about it for weeks!” Seunghee chuckled at her because she knows full well, given her age, that the onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter