prologue

remember my love, as I do yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year after year, decade after decade, Jongwoon awoke to the same sky, the same sun, stars and moon. His eyes would always wonder to the immovable presences, things so far away that it seemed even time itself was unable to reach them. And him, it seemed. 

 

Jongwoon may have an abundance of time to do with whatever he wanted, but it seemed that even what was supposed to be forever for a human was merely a blink in the endless eternity of his life. Not that he even considered himself as human at this point, after outliving the rise and fall of empires, countless deaths and plagues, and the oceans rise. Outliving all he ever found precious quickly brought that into perspective for him. 

 

Finding something interesting, coming to love it, watching it grow and finally seeing it wither away was a process he had repeated a tragic number of times, much too many to count even in his lifetime. And yet, he remembered every one of them, or at least, his journals did. He barely remembered a few centuries ago, let alone what happened in said centuries. Jongwoon still had the memory of a human after all. 

 

His journals tell him about the three-legged cat that had lost nearly its whole left back leg to a vicious trap, with its gray speckled short fur, whom preferred eating chicken to fish, and men to females since, apparently, men didn't fawn as much, which was a pet peeve of the cat's. 

 

Then there was the great mahogany t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter