Bicheorom Gaji Mayo

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To corea18, eonni! Thank you for upvoting! I got shocked to see someone upvoting a story without any chapter yet. Amazing. Hahaha! Also, to those who subscribed to this, I love you all!!!! *sharing a virtual hug* 

 

The words in blue are the lyrics of One More Chance. I love it so much. *sobs in the corner*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Will the clear image of you be forgotten?

 

Will that time ever come?

 

Will the happy memories get all erased?

 

Is that love even love?

 

 

All six pair of eyes were settled on one person who was once again lost in his own thoughts. The song had stopped, and silence began to envelop the studio.

 

Two years after his police service, he came back.

 

Whole and broken at the same time.

 

It’s been a year and a half since that painful night. That night when they had their most damning fight. At the of those angry words thrown at each other, ‘break-up’ let loose from her supposedly gentle lips. In between the chaos and insecurity that surround them, the question screamed like a dare.

 

A dare which he unflinchingly took.

 

So be it.

 

And he regretted that up until this day.

 

 

I’m alone on the streets we used to walk on together

 

But like a lie, I can’t believe anything

 

 

 

“Let’s do it.” Heechul’s voice finally cut the deafening silence in the room. Their eyes were turned to the group’s universal star. “I love it.” He held back the tears in his eyes, just like what the other members were doing. It was not only because they were touched by the music, but also because they were hurting too. For him.

 

 

I thought each moment would last forever

 

 

“Are you sure, hyung?” Donghae raised his head for a bit and looked at Heechul with hesitation. He cleared his throat, feeling uncomfortable with the way the song has revealed the only thing that he’s been praying for.

 

 

Were those thoughts and feelings all selfish?

 

 

“Yeah.” Heechul replied with two thumbs up.

 

“It’s really good, Donghae.” Shindong told him.

 

“I feel like crying.” Siwon pinched the bridge of his nose and leaned his head back on his chair.

 

“Yah.” Eunhyuk pointed at Siwon on his left and lightly hit him on the chest while chuckling.

 

“It’s beautiful.” Siwon shook his head while laughing to himself too.

 

Yesung smiled to Donghae who was sitting on his right. “Eunhyuk is right. You really are a genius composer, Donghae.” He said and pressed a hand on the guy’s shoulder.

 

Donghae smiled a bit. “Ani.” He paused. “But do you guys really think a comeback song using ballad will-”

 

“It will work.” The leader cut him off. With so much confidence, Leeteuk nodded to them. “We are goddamn Super Junior, aren’t we?” s laughed out loud as Shindong made a high-five with him.

 

Donghae’s lips were smiling but his eyes fell sadly on the piece of paper in front of him. It contains the handwritten lyrics. The whole world will know. He thought as if it was his first time writing a song for her. But will she?

 

 

Now we’re more use

 

To being in different times

 

We shared together

 

 

Will she listen to this song?

 

 

Endless sighs become this song

 

 

Will she listen to me once more?

 

 

“Donghae ah.” His eyes were lifted to Leeteuk.

 

“It will be fine.” Leeteuk told the younger with comfort. They knew what he was dealing with inside him. Donghae never shared it. Always told them he’s okay, when he obviously is not. He claimed the police force made him stronger, and they believe that. But when Donghae said he was happy, it was a blatant lie for it didn’t reach his eyes.

 

And they all had enough.

 

“And please.” Eunhyuk’s voice was heard as they all turned to him who sounded a bit fed up all of a sudden. “Take her back already, will you?”They blinked his eyes at his very bestfriend and burst in laughter.

 

 

And without knowing, I’m colored by you again

 

 

You know I will. Donghae’s last thought as he laughed with his brothers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I miss you three so much!” Dara squealed over the phone. She plopped on her bed, kissing her cat Dadoong on its head.

 

“We miss you too, Dara eonni!” Minzy told her with a wide smile.

 

“We should do this more often. What’s wrong with y’all?” Bom pouted.

 

“Says the one who rarely replies and is always busy on with her boyfriend.” CL told with widened eyes.

 

“Yah!” Bom shouted on her screen. “That’s not true!”

 

2NE1 had a videocall one night. It was the leader who had it scheduled. She really felt lonely most of these days, especially when she’s far away from the country. The four jumped from one topic to another. They talked about CL’s album, Bigbang, the weather today, this new suitor of Minzy, Bom’s boyfriend, and even the recipe for kimchi jjigae.

 

“Dara eonni.” CL called her name carefully after an hour of talking.

 

“Yes, Chaelin ah?”

 

“Have you heard?”

 

“Heard what?” She asked.

 

CL paused, glancing at the other girls on the screen. “About Super Junior’s comeback.”

 

 

Don’t go away like the rain

 

 

Super Junior.

 

“What about it?” Dara asked nonchalantly.

 

 

Again today, I’m drenched

 

 

“Teasers are all over the internet and other news sites. They are finally back in the music scene after two years.”

 

“Yeah. I’ve heard.” Dara smiled. “Their fans must be so ecstatic. They’re the hallyu kings afterall. Ah! I should send Heechulie a message or something. He’s been nothing but supporti-”

 

“They’re releasing a song entitled One More Chance.” Bom said.

 

 

And in the wet traces, I’m looking for you

 

 

Dara remained silent.

 

Bom stared at her reaction. “It is said that Donghae ssi composed it.”

 

 

Will I be able to erase?

 

 

The three just waited for her to react.

 

“That’s great.” Dara smiled widely. “He really is the composer in the group. You know, he has a real talent on that area.” She nodded and turned to Dadoong again, giving it a pat. Her teeth biting the insides of her cheeks.

 

CL glanced at Bom again, before finally asking. “Could it be that it’s for y-”

 

“Chaerin.” Dara called her name flatly enough to make a straight point. Her face turned serious on the screen. “It’s been what . . . I don’t know. It’s all in the past. We both have moved on.”

 

“But what if?” Bom asked her. Minzy just remained quiet, listening to her older sisters.

 

“That’s impossible.” Dara let out a forced smile. “You girls know, he has never reached to me after our break-up. That’s a pretty clear sign that he wants to move on too.” Her teeth gritted for a second. “Just like me. And really . . .” She smiled again. “We did.” We did. She repeated the words to herself. Dara pouted her lips. “So, about that song . . . it’s not for me.” A laugh came out . “I heard he was . . . or is dating someone in his company? I don’t know. That song is maybe for that person.”

 

“Who?” Minzy couldn’t help but ask her. “Donghae oppa is dating someone in his company? Who is she?” She couldn’t believe it with the way her brows were way up high.

 

Dara laughed at her reaction. “Like I said Minji, I just heard that. I’m not sure. It’s none of my business anyway.”

 

“From Heechul ssi?” Bom asked.

 

Dara shook her head. “No. Hyoni.” She told them. “She has friends in SM. Someone must have mentioned it to her.” She nodded to no one.

 

“But Darong . . . Hypothetically speaking,” Bom took a sip from her corn shake. “What if it’s really for you?”

 

 

If only I could do this once more

 

 

The girls were quiet as Dara took a few seconds to answer. “Hypothetically?” Her eyes glanced to the side, then back to the screen. What if it’s for me? It was a question that came a little too late. “Then, I’m sorry.” She gave a tight smile. “I’m really okay now.” She smiled as she heaved a breath and turned to her cat again, giving it another peck.

 

 

Just one more chance so I could see you

 

 

Not with that tone. Bom, CL and Minzy thought, but they didn’t pry more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been two weeks since the song was out. Super Junior had already promoted in some of the music shows in South Korea. There were a lot of praises at the group’s ability to promote a comeback ballad song as they did so perfectly. Add to the fact that they did this without two of the main vocals, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, who are in the military service. Even with just the seven of them, they proved that talent just runs deep in Super Junior’s name.

 

Dara was listening to the FM radio while driving her car. It was drizzling outside.

 

“Okay.” The DJ clapped after playing Twice’s recent song. “After their 2 years hiatus, Super Junior is finally back with a heart-tearing ballad entitl-”

 

Dara’s right hand quickly turned it off. Her eyes were glued on the road, but the beating of her heart suddenly became unsteady. She shook her head, scolding herself for the nth time already. What the is wrong with you, Sandara Park?

 

It was a song she’d been avoiding to listen for the past two weeks.

 

 

I thought tomorrow would be fine

 

 

There were two opposing voices in her. A voice assured her that it was nothing. It was fine. She was fine. Whether she listen to it or not wouldn’t have any effect on her anymore, because she has moved on. He, too. But the other voice . . . The other voice . . .

 

 

But the more time passes, the deeper it gets

 

 

Her cellphone suddenly rang.

 

Heechul Calling . . .

 

She answered it and put it on a loudspeaker. “Heechulie.” She beamed with a smile.

 

“Yo Sandara!” The man’s voice greeted her enthusiastically.

 

“How are you?” She asked him.

 

“Great. Great. And you?”

 

“I’m fine, Heechulie.” She turned to the left.

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Car.”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Home.” She replied again. “It’s been so long since you last called me.”

 

“Deh. Mianhe.” He apologized. “We were really busy these past few months. You know, with all the comeback, shows, and other promotions.” He explained.

 

“Deh. Deh.” Dara smiled. “Oh! Congratulations on the success of your comeback. Super Junior jjang!” She raised her right fist to cheer as if he could see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter