fin.

sunday morning

Yuri hates waking up. She hates waking up in the morning. She hates waking up on a fine Sunday morning. A time where she is supposed to rest after a whole week (yes, including Saturday) full of working her off as a music teacher.

 

But do you know what she hates more than that?

 

Her girlfriend waking her up on a slow Sunday morning and using that irresistible, adorable voice to trick her into doing chores.

 

And Nako knows that! She knows what Yuri loves and hates! Her lovely, adorable, but sometimes mischievous fairy will suddenly transform into a pure devil incarnate every Sunday morning and will try numerous ways to make Yuri get off the bed and start doing her share of chores without any procrastination whatsoever. It ranged from her threatening to hold off any kisses to actually not doing any kisses until Yuri did what she was told.

 

(Last week, Nako held off her hugs for the whole day until Yuri gave up after 2 hours and began her work.)

 

(She was grumpy all day, but one little kiss on her cheek and she was back to her real self.)

 

(It wasn’t fair.)

 

So, before Nako can open and start asking (read: demanding) her to do something, Yuri rouses herself to sit, stretching her arms up in the air and yawns as wide as she can, as if showing Nako she’s in the middle of collecting her scattered soul. She smacks her lips noisily, eyeing the girl standing on the side of the bed with half-lidded eyes.

 

“Gooooddd morning!” Yuri greets her while trying her best on putting up her sleepy act, a way for her to buy herself some time. “What time is it?”

 

Nako crosses her arms, her eyes suddenly narrowing to slits. When Yuri continues to give her that innocent smile, Nako forcefully yanks off the blanket, making Yuri yelp as cold starts hitting her legs without any mercy spared. “Don’t play dumb. I saw you playing with your phone one hour ago.”

 

“You saw my doppelganger,” Yuri reasons out and tries to take the blanket to cover her legs again, but Nako is quicker and is already in the process of folding it neatly. “Or you're just hallucinating! Have you taken your meds today?”

 

“Your instastory was updated one hour ago.”

 

“...I sleep-updated.”

 

Nako beams her a false smile. Yuri gulps, seeing danger behind that smile.

 

“Get up.”

 

Yuri flees.

 


 

“Maybe you should start a culinary business.”

 

“What.”

 

“This fried rice is delicious and the way you cooked eggs is eggselent,” Yuri tells her, flailing her limbs and making that ‘chef’s kiss’ sign. At Nako’s raised eyebrow, Yuri then adds, “You’ll be rich if you open up a restaurant specialized in fried rice and eggs.”

 

“Jo Yuri if this is your method of trying to get away from your chores...”

 

That hanging threat works. Yuri pales before she hastily backtracks. “I was being earnest!” The short-haired girl says, pouting with palm above her chest, feigning hurt. “Why are you so suspicious of me, Yako? I’m merely complimenting you that’s all.” She shakes her head. “As someone who has lived off delivery for half of a lifetime, you being with me is a Godsent.”

 

“The last time you complimented my cooking it turned out you broke our dishwasher the day before and blamed Minjoo for it.”

 

“Technically it was Minjoo’s fault,” she reasons out, feigning innocence. “I told her to not do that thing because it’ll be a disaster but she didn’t believe me so I had to prove it.” Her 'innocent' smile was quick to turn into that of shame. “Yes, it's still Minjoo's fault... somehow?”

 

But judging by how Nako rolls her eyes and breathes harshly through her nostrils—

 

She’s not buying it.

 

“Oh my God,” she sighs harshly, rolling her eyes and clicking her tongue. “Be honest with me. Starting since you first met Yena unnie, just how much braincells you have lost?”

 

Hey.