The Best Friend I Love

1000 Wishes
Please log in to read the full chapter

We were sitting at the dining room table doing origami. Jay was helping me prepare for an event I was holding at school. The theme was "Sail Around Asia" where we put on a show showcasing the different types of cultures all around Asia. It was a pretty corny idea at the time but at the same time, it was educational and cultural. My friends and I decided to put the show on annually during the month of May for the Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Great success.

Jay's performing that night. He is so amazing at dancing. I can never get those images out of my head. The first time I saw him dance.......

 

"Jay. You're folding it the wrong way!" I said to him while looking at him and getting side tracked from my day dreaming. Jay was confused on how to follow directions directly from an origami instructions book. Not surprising. Last year he made a lot of... I'm not even sure what he made. It didn't come out as planned. That's all I know.

"What? I thought I was folding it pretty awesome. Like me :D"

I hit him on the arm and laughed. "Shut up..! You're so dumb and full of yourself. *chuckles* How many times do I have to show you how to make a crane? Just so simple. Just follow the directions in the book or look it up on YouTube," as I showed him how to make an origami crane. Step by step. He was still confused. I face palmed and rubbed my temples from the unnecessary stress this was causing.

"Uhh.. Jay. I think it's best if you just danced. I can finish these myself." I said smiling. "You're such a dork as usual." I mumbled.

 

Jay. Jay Park. He's been my neighbor and best friend ever since we were little. He was the person I would always go to when I had problems. He was always there for me. When it came to my ex-boyfriends, Jay would always threaten to beat them up if they ever broke my heart. He was always somebody to count on. He was also the popular kid in high school. All the girls would be chasing him in the hallways. He would ignore them just for me. People thought we were dating when we weren't. Now that we're older and also in college, I started having feelings for him. Strong feelings. It was hard for me to show him how I felt because it would've been awkward. I was not confident in myself and I'm not even sure if he feels the same way about me. He probably just liked me as a best friend all this time. Love is unpredictable.

 

I'm sitting there laughing to myself while making origami stars and cranes.

"What are ya geeking about there, face?" Jay gave me the you're-so-weird look. "Laughing about my amazing masterpiece?"

"Hahaha yeah, sure, Jay. I'm definitely laughing at your... is that a... ball?" My eyes widened in shock. I swear Jay didn't know what he was doing.

"What?! Pssh no. It's supposed to be those stars. DUH~" Jay threw the so-called star at my face.

"Ahh! Hey! Hahaha." I threw a handful of finished folded stars at him and stuck out my tongue at him. We started having a star fight. He tried running away and I chased after him. "AYE! Get your dumb back here, Bum Bum!" I ran around chasing him. He stopped and I ran into him, with both of us falling on the floor. I landed on top of him.

"Oof!! Damn guurrrrl~ You kinda heavy!" Jay teased. He put his arms around me trying to squeeze me tightly.

AH! I. NEED. OXYGEN.

"BRUH!" I hit him on the chest, struggling to get out of his grasp and giggled. "I'm not that heavy you loser!" I kept laughing but stopped all of a sudden. I caught him staring into my eyes and I couldn't help but stare back into his. I

Please log in to read the full chapter