Fin

Pictures of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi

- Park -

She was so beautiful. I grinned dreamily and pressed the shutter button of the camera. She smiled at me. I just knew it. She had seen me, noticed me, and waved in my direction.
I created the most beautiful photos of her.
My work did not scream Irene- The Goddess of the Campus, but Bae Joohyun- an ordinary girl with tremendous beauty and wonderful character.
I was bumped from behind and turned around.
"Watch out, Kang," Kim Jennie hissed, walking past me with a snort. Her clique followed like faithful dogs. From Jisoo, at least, I earned an apologetic look, but I didn't care. The only person who mattered to me was Joohyun, and as long as she smiled at me, everything was fine.
I sighed, put my camera away and disappeared. Joohyun was going to hang out with her friends today and I knew better than to get in Jennie's way.
Joohyun’s friendly smile on those full, perfectly curved lips made the tenseness in my body disappear, shooing away the anxiety and banishing bad feelings.

- Café –

I opened my laptop and started writing my term paper. Just before the end of the school year, we actually had to write an essay of 10 pages. It was not difficult for me, since I was gifted in literature. Just like photography, it was one of my passions.
But something else had led me to this little café and in 3...2...1-

Ding.

The ringing of the doorbell announced her. Joohyun.
I took a sip of coffee and squinted over my computer. I wonder if she sees me.
Following her was Son Seungwan. She was tutoring her in math. Every Wednesday. 3pm at this coffee shop. I wouldn't talk to her, even though Joohyun deserved a little distraction with all the hard work. Cheerleading practice, drama club, and person in charge for the yearbook. Today was the only day she could get tutoring, since Friday was always packed with parties. No wonder. Who wouldn't want Joohyun at a party?
I smiled dreamily, but then remembered why I was actually here: my term paper. Annoyed, I turned to Google and the search results.
Joohyun specially chose a place near me. I grinned mischievously. She had seen me.

- Bookstore –

I never expected Joohyun to come visit me at my part-time job at the bookstore.
"Romeo and Juliet?", I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"I haven't read it and we have to write an essay by next week. Are you done with it, Seulgi?"
I shrugged casually and typed the amount to pay into the register. "Started today."
"I'm sure you'll finish quickly," she sighed, annoyed.
"Why would you think that?", I asked, accepting the money.
"You work in a ing bookstore, Kang Seulgi. You love sheets of paper with words."
I scratched the back of my neck in embarrassment and handed her the change.
She had come all the way to my bookstore. There was another one near the school, but she had actually come here because she knew it was my shift. Joohyun smiled charmingly.
"I'll see you later," she said. I nodded and took a deep breath as she walked out of the store.

- School –

"J-, Joohyun," I said, grinning nervously. She looked at me. With that eerily gentle smile.
"Mhh?"
"I got the pictures and-"
"Oh. For the yearbook, right?"
I handed her an envelope. Joohyun frowned.
"Seulgi probably thinks you're pasting all the photos one by one into the seven hundred plus books," Jennie giggled, snatching the envelope of pictures from Joohyun.
I turned pale and shook my head. "No!"
"No?" Jennie asked with a raised eyebrow. "Did you just say no to me, loser?"
I opened my mouth but the words wouldn’t come out.
"Thank you, Seulgi," Joohyun said seriously, glaring at her best friend before taking the envelope back. "I told you before not to do that, Jen. Don't be mean."
I breathed a sigh of relief. She had saved me once again. What else had I expected?
After all, Joohyun loved me as much as I loved her.
"Let's have a look at them together in the club room later, shall we?"
I nodded and let my eyes disappear with a wide grin.

"Sorry about Jennie," Joohyun said, entering the room. School had ended and I sat patiently on the old couch. The campus queen sat down across from me on a disgusting green armchair.
"So? How many pictures did you take?"
"Lots. I have more at my house." I smiled wryly.
Joohyun looked at me from intelligent eyes and leaned back. "Why?"
"Why what?", I asked, confused.
"Why don't you bring everything with you? Digital I mean."
"I thought, well, I mean, I-"
Now she was giggling. "It's all good. Oh Seulgi, sometimes you're just too cute. My uncle is a photographer and he always says you can't see the beauty in pictures until you hold them in your hand. Digitally, you don't see anything. You don't know the stories. It's-"
"Impersonal," I finished her sentence.
Joohyun nodded slightly. "Right. Shall we go to your place, maybe? Then we can look at all the pictures right away and sort them out."
I swallowed hard. She had never been to my house before. I had only ever visited Joohyun. Often enough to know her house inside out. To sneak around unnoticed so as not to scare her parents.
"Okay."

- Apartment -

"I think it's so cool that you live alone! That must be a nice feeling."
"Well, sometimes it's lonely and I don't exactly have a lot of...friends," I muttered, unlocking the door and lowering my gaze. Joohyun entered my apartment, took off her shoes and spun around in circles.
God she was beautiful. Angelic.
"It's not much, but maybe you can find a place to sit."
Joohyun laughed brightly. "It's all good, I want to see your bedroom!"
I nodded and led her into a white and orange room. My bed was against the wall with the window and Joohyun flopped right down on it.
I was a neat person, which is why everything was clean and tidy. I knew that Joohyun hated messy, dirty people. I wanted to impress her. I smiled and took out an envelope with other pictures from the drawer of my desk. Work first, pleasure later.
I dropped down on the bed beside her and handed her the envelope. Joohyun thanked me and went through the photos of various events at our school. Sports, dance, drama, debating, school council, teachers, food fights, and so on.
"These are great. You're really talented, Seulgi," she said while looking through everything.
"Th-, thank you," I replied shyly. Thankfully, she didn't notice how red my ears were getting.
"You know what's a shame?" Joohyun was now looking directly into my sharp eyes.
"You're not on a single picture."
"I'd rather be invisible." Because I know you can see me. I don't need other people as long as you smile at me.
"Why? You're so pretty," Bae Joohyun, of all people, replied, turning back to the pictures.
Nervously, I stood up. "I have to go make my...ehm...I'll make some tea!"
"Cute," Joohyun chuckled as I stumbled out the door and into the kitchen.

I returned some time later with two cups of the hot tea. "I know you like green tea, so-"
I stopped as Joohyun looked at me from shocked eyes. My gaze drifted to her location. She had opened my wardrobe.

Joohyun

- Park –

Bored, I glanced at my cell phone. Why couldn't Jennie and the others be on time for once?
I looked up and let the wind glide through my black hair. Suddenly I heard loud giggling and waved to my friends. Jennie, Jisoo, Bogum, and Krystal walked past another figure. I didn't recognize her until I took a second look and heard Jennie's angry "Watch out, Kang." Right. Kang Seulgi. The girl with the camera. Probably her only friend, which was a real shame because she's attractive.
I wonder why she was here and didn’t say hello?

- Café –

Seungwan and I entered the small café. We were greeted by a cloud of smells of jam, cake, and coffee.
"Integral calculus is actually quite easy once you understand it."
“I can't even draw the sign, let alone anything else."
I looked around and pointed to a place with two armchairs, right next to the window.
"I'm sure it's a good place to study!"
Seungwan sighed and hugged her math book tightly. "Don't you dare just gawk at men again."

- Bookstore –

"," I cursed, looking at my phone. The class group was getting upset over some paper in literature. Romeo and Juliet. Who reads that stuff anymore? I looked around. I was already on my way home and the bookstore was far behind me.
I consulted Google for the next store near me and walked to "Hidden Treasures." Snorting disdainfully, I entered the store. It smelled of old paper and dust. I rummaged through the shelves and found what I was looking for under Classics. Classics. What a load of crap.
I hurriedly made my way to the counter and looked puzzled into the smiling face of Kang Seulgi.
That's right. She was in my literature class and pretty good, if I'm not mistaken.
Photo geek and bookworm. I hope this description wasn’t in the yearbook.
"Romeo and Juliet?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.
"I haven't read it, and we have to write an essay by next week. Are you done with it, Seulgi?"
She shrugged tensely and tapped the amount to be paid into the register. "Started today."
"I'm sure you'll finish quickly," I sighed, annoyed.
"Why would you think that?" she asked, accepting my money.
"You work in a ing bookstore, Kang Seulgi. You love sheets of paper with words," I said impatiently.
She scratched the back of her neck sheepishly and handed me the change.
I smiled my fake smile. "I'll see you later."
She gave me a strange look and I quickly turned around.
Freak.

- School –

"I'm telling you, he's so ing hot!"
"Jongin is an . Fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter