pomp and circumstance

pomp and circumstance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: The jawbreaker series chronological order:

1. yujin's 13th reason why

2. wonyoung's incredibly boring sleepover

3. 100% PURE BEEF

4. pomp and circumstance

happy reading! :D tell me your thoughts about the series in the comments! 

 

xxx

 

 

BROADCASTING CLUB PRESENTS: HOT TOPIC OF THE WEEK-

YEARBOOK QUOTES

 

Jaehee: And we're back!

Jaehee: Today we will roam around the campus and ask my fellow upcoming graduates about THE MOST IMPORTANT PAPER THAT THEY WILL EVER HOLD IN THEIR LIVES!

Jaehee: THE YEARBOOK! 

[Yoon, 18, A.K.A BANGS OF STEEL]

Yoon: Oh, hey! Is this live? Cool! 

Jaehee: I heard that you put an interesting quote in the yearbook? 

Yoon: Yup! Well, I tried thinking out of the box for this.. 

Yoon: Man, I know a lot of people would want theirs funny and , and I don't want to put a meme reference because everyone is going to do that so..

Yoon: I bet you're all wondering where the principal lives and guess what, you will not believe this when I tell you, go to this address *censored* and then three blocks from that point you take *censored*.. You'll see a pharamacy down the street and from there *censored* 

Yoon: , I'm telling you.. The principal is not as trustworthy as you think he is... He's definetely a *censored*

Jaehee: You're a menace to the society, Yoon. Thank you! 

Yoon: Anytime! 

 

[Yuna, 18, A.K.A. Hussey]

Jaehee: It better be powdered sugar I see on your nose, Yuna.

Yuna: ! Was it always there before you approached me?

Jaehee: Damn, I saw you snorting a line of coke in the parking lot before first period. 

Yuna: And none of you told me?

Jaehee: Girl, please, We thought it was your thing... 

Jaehee: Anyway, our viewers want to know what's your yearbook quote

Yuna: Eat drugs, Don't do school, Stay in vegetable! 

 

[Sungchan, 19, Daddy Long Legs]

Sungchan:  Are you filming this?

Sungchan: Aww, sorry, man..I have football practice... 

Jaehee: Well, that explains the shoulder pads.. 

Jaehee: I thought you guys were cosplaying Dragon Ball. 

Sungchan: Come on, why would we ever do that... 

Sungchan: But seriously, I have to go... 

Jaehee: It will be quick! I promise! We just want to know what you put in your yearbook... 

Jaehee: Probably something that goes like this... 

Jaehee: I dropped out in the fourth grade to run drugs to support my Nana.. 

Sungchan: Uh... That means you haven't known the triumphs and defeats.. The epic highs and lows of high school football... 

Jaehee: You son of a ... I thought we were joking?!! 

 

[Yujin, 18, A.K.A. sTuPid fOok who Got Dumped]

Jaehee: Aww, here we have our golden girl, Yujin!

Jaehee: Come on, Jinnie! Can you give us your oh so hard to resist dimpled smile?

Yujin: Leave me alone... I'm grieving.

Jaehee: I know, honey. Your all black top to bottom outfit screams Johnny Depp and Amber Rose divorce lawsuit. 

Yujin: a , Jaehee. I'm literally in hell after Wonyoung broke up with me... 

Jaehee: I know. Damn, you should move on...

Jaehee: Anyway, your yearbook quote? 

Yujin: Love is not real. es ain't . 

Jaehee: Damn, is it that serious? 

 

xxx

 

 

" I can't believe Wonyoung got herself a new boyfriend after you guys broke up. That's cold. " 

Yujin munched on her apple, briefly looking at Winter, who spoke beside her. She looked everywhere besides the table across from theirs. 

" Right?" Yuna shook her head while she bit the straw in her juice box. " I thought she would stay single until graduation, but she got herself a Mr. Leonardo Di Caprio over there. " 

Winter and Yuna hissed and rubbed their poor friend's back out of sympathy. Ever since Wonyoung dumped Yujin, the latter is six feet under. The bags under her eyes and the sudden weight loss made her look skinnier than she already was. It's a clear indication that the girl was still grieving over the break-up that happened a month and two weeks ago. Unlike Yujin, Wonyoung seems to be doing well. She goes to school looking ten times shinier than she already is. It's also rumored that she's dating her classmate, who looks like Leonardo Di Caprio in his teens, but no one knows the score between the two of them. 

Yujin, on the other hand, shows no sign of finding a rebound for Wonyoung. It's impossible to replace her ex-girlfriend. They don't mass-produce the likes of Jang Wonyoung. She is limited edition, just like the Victoria's secret fantasy bra, Candace Swanepoel wore in 2013. 

" Tell you what, buddy. " Yuna tossed her empty juice box on the other side of the table. " My sister, Ryujin, will throw a party at our house. There would be a lot of college students there. You should bring your sorry over there and interact with other people. "

" Yeah, you should go. " Winter insisted. " It wouldn't hurt for you to talk to other people. You're becoming emo. I'm not too fond of that look for you. "

Yujin lightly smacked Winter's arm out of annoyance. " Shut up. Stop acting like I didn't just teach you how to be a decent human being. "

" What can I do? " Winter snorted. " Things are really going great with Karina and me right now. I'm just returning the favor. "

" Winter's definition of going great is literally being stuck in the friendzone. " Yuna mocked while doing an air quote. " Kidding aside, I don't want you to spend the last two weeks of your high school moping around, Yujin. Go crazy. "

Yujin gave her friends a small smile. Her eyes darted from her apple and to Wonyoung, who was sitting at the other table across from her. She watched Wonyoung laugh with her friends, with young Leonardo Di Caprio whisper something in her ears that made the girl beam. 

Yujin huffed and took another bite from her apple. " Okay, I'll go to that stupid party. "

 

xxx

 

Karina smacked her lips together after applying her favorite Rouge Dior Forever liquid lipstick. She remembered something that she had meant to tell her friends, and the girls' comfort room is the perfect place for a very important announcement. " Wonyoung and I got accepted to the same university. We got the letter from the Dean yesterday. "

" Oh, wow. " Giselle looked up from filing her nails and smiled. " Congratulations, ladies! "

The sound of the toilet being flushed startled the girls. They thought that they were the only people inside the comfort room. Ningning got out from one of the cubicles, washed her hands, and said, " College is so overrated. "

Wonyoung, Karina, and Giselle shared a look between the three of them and thought of the same thing. "When did she get in here? "

" Ningning, you know what your Mom feels about not going to college. " Karina turned her head to look at her friend. " Did your boss from your job brainwash you again about starting your own business just like him? "

" Oh, you mean that hot pizza delivery guy? " Giselle butted in. 

" She's Jennie's ex-boyfriend. " Wonyoung said, taking countless selfies with the same pose of a wink and pouting her lips. " I heard he took Business Management and dropped out on his third year because apparently, he has learned everything he needed to. "

" I'm surprised that Jennie dates goofballs like him. " Giselle commented with an amused look on her face. 

" Oh, you should meet her girlfriend then. "

" Guys. " Ningning called everyone's attention. " Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Obama did not finish college, and yet they are the richest and most influential men in the whole world. "

" Obama finished college, though. " Karina whispered to herself. She wants to explain this to Ningning, but the latter does not care whether she is right or wrong. 

" All I'm saying is that college does not promise you a good future. You could study your off for like seven years and still get a desk job in some crappy office with their crappy coffee. " Ningning explained. " After I graduate from high school, I think I'm better off as a singer. Maybe I'll sign in the same label as Ariana Grande. My cousin Yeri personally knows her. "

Karina nodded patronizingly at her childhood friend. Maybe it's because they haven't talked much this year, but Karina still understood that Ningning might have a few loose screws in her head, and she accepts that. 

The sound of the doorknob being twisted alerted the girls. They have a policy always to lock the comfort room when they are inside. It's a territorial thing, Wonyoung would argue to those who question her for hogging the girls' comfort room. The taller of the bunch went up to the door to open it. 

"We're having a conference meeting in here-"

Wonyoung took a step back as she opened the door. She briefly met eyes with her ex-girlfriend and took the spot next to Karina while she typed on her Notes App to make it look like she was preoccupied. Yujin looked around and the comfort room. She feels like she just trespassed a private property. Winter cleared and opened a bar of snickers she took from her pocket. 

Yujin approached Wonyoung and smiled at her. Her ex didn't even bat an eyelash in her direction. Yujin was hellbent on making Wonyoung talk to her for one month and two weeks, but Wonyoung ignores her like the Star Wars prequel trilogy. 

" Hey, can we talk? " Yujin said. Winter hissed while making a gesture of slicing her neck. 

" I'm gonna to make Winter eat dirt. " Yujin took a mental note. 

" Sure. " Wonyoung replied, putting on her Air Pods. 

" Can you guys give us a minute to talk? " Yujin addressed the people inside the comfort room. Just like any good-mannered person would do, Karina and Giselle were about to leave, but Wonyoung pulled her friends back to their places. 

Yujin took a deep breath to say all the things she's been meaning to say to her ex-girlfriend. She made a 1000 word essay that will move Wonyung's heart and ultimately take her back. " Uh.. About the tickets for our trip to Hawaii... "

Okay, maybe Yujin got a little bit sidetracked, but she's going to win Wonyoung back. 

" What about it? " Wonyoung replied as she scrolled through her selection of songs in Apple Music. 

" Our flight is set on the day before our graduation... " Yujin rubbed her neck, feeling a little bit conscious about how Karina, Ningning, Giselle, and Winter were eavesdropping on them. They were not even subtle about it. Karina and Winter were blatantly staring at the two of them while Giselle filed the air with her nail filer. NIngning peeked her head on one of the open cubicles. Yujin hoped that Ningning wasn't taking a video of them. The girl has a bad habit of bribing people when it benefits her. 

" I was wondering if you still want to go with me. " 

Everyone was waiting for Wonyoung's answer, but the latter was bopping her head to Ariana Grande's music. 

" Can you stay up all night? me 'til the daylight? 34+35-"

Karina nudged Wonyoung's side, which made Wonyoung come to her senses. She always gets lost whenever Ariana's song is playing. 

" Yujin asked if you still want to come to Hawaii with her. " Karina whispered enough for everyone to hear because it was so damn quiet in the comfort room. 

Wonyoung faced Yujin and tapped the girl's shoulder. " Yujin, please. We're not together anymore. What's the point of going to Hawaii with you? "

Now Yujin feels like crying, but she stood her ground. " You're right.. " she lets out a dry laugh. " What am I thinking... "

" I could pay you for the ticket, though. " Wonyoung added. 

" No, it's okay... It's not that much anyway. " Yujin turned around and held the doorknob. She didn't even get to tell Wonyoung about her 1000 words essay. It wasn't very reasonable of her to think that Wonyoung would just let her guard down and take her back. Wonyoung does not love her that much. 

After Yujin left, none of them dared to say anything nor move. It felt like a crime to just go about their own business after hearing a post-breakup talk that didn't even end well.

Winter, having zero tact in her body, has something to say to Wonyoung. " Goddamn, Vicky. You're so cold. "

Everyone agreed in their heads. 

 

xxx

BROADCASTING CLUB PRESENTS: HOT TOPIC OF THE WEEK-

YEARBOOK QUOTES

{disclaimer: due to principal's orders, every form of profanity should be censored or cut to maintain G RATING}

 

[Jihan,18, A.K.A FEMINIST]

Jaehee: Look who we have here! It's Jihan!

Jihan: Oh, hi. Jaehee! Is this live?

Jaehee: Yes, honey. Now, tell me... What's your yearbook quote? 

Jaehee: And it better not be from a Jane Austen book.

Jihan: Actually it is... 

Jaehee: Figures. But since you're here, better make use of your screen time. 

Jihan: Cool! 

Jihan: It's actually from Little women.

Jihan: Women, they have minds, and they have souls, as well as just hearts--"

Jaehee: Let's move on! 

Jihan: I'm not finished yet! 

 

[NIKI, 16, A.K.A  UNBRIDLED RAGE]

Niki: What the heck? Why am I even here?

Niki: I'm a *censored* freshman!

Jaehee: I know. 

Jaehee: What's your yearbook quote?

Jaehee: Everyone wants to know, Niki.

Niki: *censored* you! Why would I even have one? 

Niki: That *censored* is for old people and I'm not old

Niki: Leave me alone! 

Jaehee: Aww, he's so cute! 

 

[Isa, 18, A.K.A SAEGANGYEONGEUL KKIGO BOJI MAYO NAN JOM DAREUN YOEJAINDE GEOTEUN HWARYEOHAEDO AJIK DURYEON GEOL YOU SHOULD KNOW]

Jaehee: You have a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter