Epilogue

In the Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunjin's back hit the edge of something sharp and hard, and he let out a cry and released the bowl as he fell to the side. Even as he hit the ground, though, he realized that it had at least worked for him. He was laying on the carpet in his living room - his back had hit the edge of his coffee table as he had fallen beside it. Did this mean...?

He raised his head, afraid to see what he would find, but to his utter relief and amazement his sister was laying on the other side of the coffee table, eyes staring up at the ceiling above her. Hyunjin scrambled to his feet, ignoring the pain in his back, and hurried to take her into his arms. "Oh my gosh," he cried, tears flowing freely down his cheeks as he held her tight to his chest. "It's you, you're home. You're safe. Oh my gosh."

Her fingers came up to latch on his arm, her eyes wide and unfocused as if still seeing the horrors of her time in the hellish world. But she too had tears streaming down her cheeks and finally she scrunched her eyes shut to bury her head in Hyunjin's chest, silent sobs wracking her too-thin frame.

Hyunjin's eyes looked up to find Jisung sitting on the floor a few feet away, the copper bowl in his lap and his eyes staring blankly at it. They had known one another for a whole two days but they had gone through life and death dangers together, and Hyunjin felt the need to hug him too. He waved an arm to catch his attention. "Come here," he said softly, and after just a brief moment Jisung obeyed. He wrapped his arms around both of the twins and tucked his face into Hyunjin's neck so that he could cry.

"You're safe," Hyunjin told him, told both of them. "You're home."

 

 

Several weeks passed in which the three figured out the logistics of what had happened to them. Apparently time passed differently in that other world, because Hyunjin had left in the latter half of September and it was already into the second week of October when they returned. Yeji said she wasn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter