Snow Flower

Into The Magic Shop

Snow Flower

The last reunion

 

 

      The Frost Army under the command of the cold and sadist Ice Fairy Queen, were marching towards the Leikol Valley, a beautiful land of flower fairies living in peace and harmony. The Flower Army fought to defend their territory and protected the fairies of their land. The War continued for days and nights where most of the Flower Armies were shredded and froze to death. But they held fast to their root and wipe out half of the Frost Army.

 

Broken wings, sharp ice and decayed flowers.

 

The Ice Queen failed to conquer the indomitable Leikol Valley and she fled back to her domain in the cold mountains.

 

The frozen valley won but the lives of many fairies were lost and the land was ruined.

 

And so was the heart of a young fairy.

 

.

.

.

 

The continuous knock on the door woke Taehyung up. But he ignored the noise and curled up under his fluffy cotton blanket. He was no longer interested in the world and what the other fairies do. The War was over and so was his duty as a Flower Army. He had fought his last war and won for the valley but he has lost his soul in it.

 

However, the annoying knocks intensified and Taehyung sprung up from his bed angrily, flung open the wooden round door and yelled, “What do you want?”

 

“Ahm! Former Captain Taehyung of the Northern Lilac is requested by the Queen to join the Gathering at Wisteria tonight.” A dull looking messenger fairy recited the script on the leaf scroll.

 

“Relay this to the Queen that I have no more business at the Wisteria. I am retired and I wish to stay away from everyone. Have a good day.” With this, Taehyung shut the door on the messenger’s face.

 

He returned back to his bed and sat down on the edge. He traced his hand on his scapula and when his fingers land on the bump of the scar, it never failed to shatter his heart. It was one of the reasons why he quit being a Flower Army. He lost his fairy wings in the War while trying to save his comrade; the love of his life and the fire of his soul, Lily. It has been one year since the War ended, but not for once has he forgotten Lily. She still lived in his mind and heart.

 

In the trunk of one of the giant oak trees where different Flower fairies reside, Taehyung made his home inside the base near the ground whilst others fly high above to enjoy the sun. Many fairies lived in the tree trunks and some preferred to hang their homes from the branches. Smaller Flower fairies took shelter in pods and inside giant flowers.

 

In the night time, the fireflies lit up the place and the luminous wings of the fairies’ glitters and shines. The valley looked like a black canvas with small dots of light with tender flowers and the humongous Wisteria tree amidst it; as if a painting straight out of fairytale.

 

Waiting for the night to pass, Taehyung lay tediously on his bed. Everyone loves the Queen and respect her and to be called upon to the Wisteria, it was a dream for many young Flower fairies. However, Taehyung was broken and unmendable since the War ended. Despite his honor and respect for the Queen, he prefered to sulk in his room and avoid the crowd in the gathering.

 

The Queen reminded him of his first and last love, and instantly he broke into tears. “Lily”, he softly uttered and sobbed in his own embrace. Lily Floriana was the captain of the 5th Unit of the Northern Lilac and the third younger sister of the Queen.

 

Lily was the only one who truly felt in love with Taehyung in spite of him being an orphan and a fairy with no noble name. Of course, young female fairies hovered around him when he became the Captain of the Flower Army and none could resist his handsome face with the sharp eyes. But Taehyung gave his heart and soul to Lily who stayed by his side from the very beginning, to the fact that the Queen too had bestowed her blessing for their happiness.

 

But…all was lost when Taehyung couldn’t save Lily and watch her die in the battlefield right before his own eyes.

 

The roll of films of his memories ran through his mind. Dancing with Lily in the spring under the falling petals, training with her in the midst of the sky and flying around the valley along the direction of the wind. Taehyung slowly caressed his cheek just the way Lily would do while he lay on her lap, tracing small circles with her fingers.

 

If Lily could see his tears now, Taehyung knew for sure that she would wipe it off with her hand and hug him against her bosom. And her smile would cure every wound that was aching.

 

As he reminisced the beautiful moments of his life with Lily, his eyes grew heavy and he slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

 

 

“Lily!”, he shouted. Ice everywhere. Cries and crash of magics. Sounds of swords clashing. Cackled of the Ice Queen in a distance. Little fairies dying. Blood everywhere. Taehyung looked around in search of Lily but all he sees was chaos.

“Tae”, a mumble sound called his name. “Tae”, it kept calling. He ran around following the sound while calling for Lily and finally he found her, standing in the middle of a fight. He felt a huge relieved and ran towards her.

All of a sudden, a Frost Army pulled his wings and the rise of the mighty frozen sword slashed his translucent lavender butterfly wings.

The pain was unbearable and Taehyung called for Lily who was few feet away from him, standing still. And behind her, he saw the Ice Queen sneering down on Lily.

There and then, the splitting image of Lily being stabbed to death kept playing in loop.

 

 

Taehyung tossed and his bed and perspired beads of sweat. His breath was heavy and the heartbeats were racing. He suddenly opened his eyes and woke up from the nightmare that had been haunting him.

 

He slowly got up from the bed and wiped off the sweat. He then put on his little leaf boots and walked outside to get some fresh air. The valley has gone quiet and the faint merry-making sound of the gathering at Wisteria could be heard. With all the fireflies and the light, he could hardly see the stars. If only he had his wings, he would have flown high above the giant trees and sat on top of it to watch the twinkling stars. Just like how Lily loved to do so.

 

He strolled along the path that led to the pond where the water lilies grow. He walked pass the red stones and the tall grasses proceeding further to the mushroom field.

 

The fireflies lead his way through the spongy mushrooms and at the end of it, the pond filled with closed water lilies was in sight. Taehyung sat down on the ground and enjoy the pleasing view. He could imagine him and Lily dancing on top of the water lilies under the moonlight.

 

“Is this why you refuse my humble request of your presence?”

 

Taehyung immediately turned around to see the Queen herself sitting on a button mushroom. “Your Highness, I didn’t see you there. Pardon me.” Taehyung kneeled.

 

“You don’t have to be formal. After all, I have already accepted you as one of the Floriana. So, be at ease.” The Queen flew down next to Taehyung so he did not feel inferior nor remorse for his lost wings. “I never knew even a closed water lily can be so pretty.”

 

“Yes. Aren’t they beautiful?”, Taehyung replied.

 

Whilst they enjoy the view, Taehyung asked why the Queen was out there instead of attending her party. The Queen laughed and replied that it was because Taehyung, the center of the gathering wasn’t there. Taehyung gaped at the Queen’s reply. She added jokingly that she held it just to bring him out of his home and lift up his mood and that he was becoming an old soul.

 

Taehyung looked away sadly. “How can I live a happy life, Your Highness? My happiness was taken away from me one year ago. She was my everything. If not for her last words, I would have ended my life then.”

 

“It is in the past now. What’s done cannot be undone. But we can make the most of the present, right? Didn’t you say her last words were for you to live a happy life? Look at you now.”

 

      “I saw her fought for her life right on my arms. It kept haunting me. I don’t think I will be happy ever again.”

 

“Look at me. Then, am I a heartless being? It’s not just you. She was also someone else daughter…and a sister. I lost my dear sister, Taehyung. And Lily was also my responsibility. But here we are, accepting the truth and trying our best to move on. Shouldn’t it be the same for you?”

 

Taehyung remained silent. The Queen stood up and opened her wings to depart. “I care for you just as much as Lily did. Because you are one of us, whether Lily is with us or not. And you are always welcome to the Wisteria. Don't stay out here for long. Winter is here.”

 

The place has become serene again after the Queen left. Taehyung gazed at his reflection on the surface of the water. The wave of the water interrupted his image and Taehyung turned his gaze to the Water Fairy emerging from the pond.

 

The Water fairy spoke, “I didn’t mean to eavesdrop your conversation. But I know of something that might be of your interest.”

 

Taehyung curiously listened to what the fairy has for him.

 

 “There is a Magic shop where you get the answers to your questions, where they heal and guide fairies. I heard they are very powerful and help you find yourself. Maybe you should visit them.”

 

    “Where is it and how do I get there?”, Taehyung asked.

 

“They can be anywhere. All you need to do is relax and concentrate to get the key to your Magic shop. And what lies behind that door will help you.” With this, the fairy dived back into the water.

 

“Please wait-“, Taehyung called. He sighed and stared at the sky. Was it the truth or was the fairy trying to make a fool out of him? Taehyung didn’t have an unanswered question but if they were really powerful, he wanted to see Lily just one more time.

 

He sat straight and took a deep breathe. He closed his eyes and tried to picture a magical shop right in front of him. He pretended to have a key in his hand and open the door. But he couldn’t see anything for he couldn’t imagine something he has never seen before.

 

Taehyung felt stupid for even trying it. Before the water fairy could mock him, he dusts off his dress and left the place. He passed the mushroom field and entered the tall grasses.

 

He walked and walked until he realized he was going around in circle. He was in the right path yet the path kept leading him to the same place. He hastily took a sharp left turn and saw a strange wooden door standing there.

 

Taehyung looked around and there was no one. He wondered who puts a door randomly out there. But he decided not to get curious and leave it as it was.

 

However, the door creaked open a little as if it was calling him to come inside. Taehyung was intrigued by the overwhelming mana leaking out of the door. He carefully moved towards the door and on it, in small cursive letters, there wrote-

'Welcome to the Magic Shop'

 

“Magic. Shop.” Taehyung read it out. The Water fairy was right. He just could not believe a door would randomly appear out of nowhere.

 

Taehyung stood in front of the opened door and took a deep breathe to calm down. He then holds the door knob to open it wide and a gust of mana blew against him as he entered into the unknown universe.

 

~֎֎֎~

 

         Into the unknown, Taehyung stepped inside the magical wooden door that led to a reception room. There was a small bench to sit and the rest of the room was filled with vibrant flowers, mostly different shades of purple. There was no one on the counter either. The door behind him closed and disappeared.

 

All of a sudden, a tiny voice instructed Taehyung to get his ticket from the counter. He looked around and not a soul was in sight. Nevertheless, he took a golden ticket from the counter which read: Pixies /15-12-25 {Fairy}/

 

The voice once again instructs Taehyung to sit on the bench and wait for his turn.

 

“Who are you?”, Taehyung asked.

 

“Me? Can’t you see that I am the ticket elf?” A small elf came out from behind the counter. He has pretty blue eyes and silky silver hair with pointy ears. Moreover, his smile made him even more cute.

 

He held a clipboard on his arm and scanned Taehyung. “A flower fairy. But where are your wings?”

 

“You…are so small.” Taehyung uttered.

 

The elf squinted his eyes and pouted, “Wait till I grow up. We, elves are the prettiest and a beautiful being. Don’t you dare call me small!”

 

“But you are. For now.”

 

“What a rude fairy.” The bell chimed and the elf stretched his pink lips as he informed Taehyung that it was his turn and ordered him to enter the door next to the counter.

Before Taehyung open the door, the elf advised, “Be yourself. Enjoy while it last.”

 

Taehyung heed the advice and entered the other room.

 

Unlike the reception room, it has nothing in there and the walls were all painted white. There was no window and it was literally just a white space. However, the most peculiar thing about the room was the flow of mana. It moved like a sea wave and rotate around the room.

 

Not knowing what to do with the weird room, Taehyung turned around to leave but the door was gone and behind him was a white wall. Now it was only a four walled room with no way to escape.

 

Taehyung scanned the room and touch the walls in case there was a secret passage. When he reached to one particular spot, laughter broke out in the room. He rubbed the same spot and the laughter got louder. Immediately, he started scratching the spot.

 

“Stop it.” A voice cried among the laughter, “Please stop.” And in the middle of the room, a young boy popped out from thin air. He wiped off the tear as he controlled his laugh.

 

He turned to Taehyung who was standing in wonderstruck. He cleared his throat and introduced himself. “Welcome, my dear guest. I am Chimon, here at your service. How may I help you?”

 

“Ah- My name is Taehyung. If you are the one who helps fairies, I want to see my Lily just one more.” Taehyung requested.

 

“I only help the living, not the death.” Chimon replied. “Let’s do this. We will get to know each other first.” Chimon walked up to Taehyung and reached out his hand. “Take my hand. Let’s go somewhere that will make you feel home.”

 

Without any question, Taehyung grab the small hand and in the blink of an eye, they were in a vast flower field where the flowers spread endlessly at the horizon and the sky was clear. “Where are we?”, Taehyung asked in awe.

 

“Don’t you like the scenery?”

 

Taehyung shook his head and complimented the view.

 

Chimon invites Taehyung to sit next to him and spoke, “Each flower in this field represent every being that I had helped. And once you leave, a flower will bloom here for you.”

 

Taehyung surprisingly wondered how many flowers could be in this field. Maybe thousands of thousands. Millions.

 

Chimon continued, “I do my best to guide them while they were here, but I never get to know what happens to them out there. It’s funny if you think about it. You are the one living out there and I am only giving you advices from a room.”

 

“But I will do the same with you”, Chimon grinned.

 

“Advise me?”, Taehyung asked.

 

    “No. Heal you. Help you find your true happiness.”

 

Chimon magically prepared some food and set a table on the field. As both of them ate, Chimon requested Taehyung to tell him what his heart desired.

 

And to Taehyung, his heart longed for only one thing. To be with Lily.

 

Chimon confronted Taehyung that the death cannot be a part of the living and once the line was drawn, they must live separately. Chimon asked Taehyung what it was like to live without his love one.

 

“What is it like? ...It’s like your heart get crush a little with the passing days. Everything reminds me of her and my chest feels hollow. I do not want to get out from my bed nor do I want to meet anyone. My lips feel heavy and opening my mouth to even eat felt like a task, let alone speak. Sometimes, I get hallucinations that she was in the house but when I looked for her, she won’t be there. I miss every bit of her. And I hate myself for letting her die. I don’t deserve to smile. I should have died then along with her.”

 

“And what will happened after your death?”, Chimon questioned as he kept eye-contact with Taehyung.

 

“Then maybe I can be with Lily in the afterlife.”

 

“What makes you so sure that you will meet her if you die?”, Chimon rest his chin on his hand and added, “No one knows what comes after death. Not even me.”

 

Taehyung processed the words and indeed, he has no idea what happens after death. “So, Chimon. How old are you?”

 

Chimon laughed at the silly question and replied, “I stopped counting after one thousand. Back then, this field was just a small flower garden.”

 

“Then, you are immortal?”, Taehyung asked curiously.

 

This time Chimon just smiled. “No.”

 

“What?”

 

“Once I complete my duty, I will disappear. I do not know where I will disappear to or I might stop existing. Just the thought scares me a little. But someone will replace me as I have done with my predecessor.”

 

Taehyung’s heart sank at Chimon’s fate. To stop existing was the same as death to Taehyung. He wondered if Chimon have someone special and asked him.

 

“You said her name was Lily, right?”, Chimon smiled. “Mine was Eun-bi. She took care of the old guests and I heal for broken ones like you.”

 

Taehyung opened his eyes wide and spoke, “Then all these flowers are…“

 

“Yes. They were all like you. Broken. Some were worse than you.”

 

Taehyung could imagine how Chimon must be when he lost her. He asked what happened to Eun-bi.

 

“She had completed her duty. She was here before me. I used to wonder why I must heal these broken souls. And the day she left this Universe, I finally got my answer. There are many beings like me in here. You just got a broken service boy like you.”

 

Taehyung smiled, “I am glad I have someone who can relate.”

 

Chimon stood up and walked forward. “You know…I grant wishes too.”

 

Taehyung sighed, “You must be happy with all these powers. I guess a few guests could give you a headache.”

 

“Haha. They do.”

 

     “I envy you.”

 

“I get that a lot. Whoever came to me said, they want to be like me. That they are jealous of my life. That they wished they had my magic. You are the first one to even ask about me in this past few hundred years.”

 

Taehyung silently listened to him.

 

“I have lived thousands of years. Inside this alternate world. Receiving guests, advising them, heal them. Everyone whoever came here were just like you. Broken, discouraged, depressed. And I always try my best to tell them their lives are a blessing and they must learn to love at its fullest. I make sure that they love themselves once they leave this room. And I…I learn from my own advice.”

 

Chimon turned back and saw Taehyung sulking behind him. He immediately apologized if he had said something wrong.

 

Taehyung looked up to Chimon and told him that if he had his powers, he would meet Lily every day. Chimon chuckled and asked Taehyung if anyone had ever called him an idiot. He reminded Taehyung that he should be happy with whoever he was and everything comes with a dark side. Chimon also highlighted again that he grants wishes, but just one.

 

Taehyung instantly jumped up and wished to have his Lily back. But Chimon refused saying he cannot bring Lily back to life. However, he can summon Lily’s soul in this alternate world just once.

 

Taehyung agreed as long as he could see Lily again.

 

Chimon didn’t do much. He only stared at Taehyung and asked him to turn around.

 

And when he turned around, a faint figure in white dress was running towards him through the flowers. As it got nearer, it shouted, “Tae!”

 

“Lily?”, Taehyung squint his eyes staring at the figure. Once it got cleared, Taehyung grinned ear to ear and ran for it as he shouted back, “LILY!”

 

Lily threw herself into his open arms and Taehyung hugged her tight, swirling her around in the flower field. Lily’s giggles swooned his heart and he could not help but bury his face in the crook of her neck, deeply inhaling the sweet scent that he had missed.

 

Lily his hair and softly kissed him on his head. “How are you, my baby?”

 

Hearing Lily’s soothing voice, Taehyung felt the hole inside him filling up and was overflowing with emotions. He tightened his hug around Lily and his eyes stinged from holding back the tears. His body yearned for the touch of the tiny body in his arms. His voice quivered as he replied, “I have missed you since you left and I have never stop loving you.”

 

“Me too”, silent tears ran down from the corner of her eyes.

 

Chimon smiled and watched the lovers reunite for the last time from a distance. His heart ached a little seeing them embrace each other. He has the power to summon the death yet he could not bring back the only one who took away his heart. Every time when a new flower bloom in the field, Chimon wished it was his.

 

His smile slowly turned to a frown and he instantly left the place to prevent his heart from breaking more.

 

.

.

.

 

Hand in hand, Taehyung and Lily ambled through the flower field. Taehyung locked his fingers with Lily’s and held it tight. He could not stop glancing at Lily. She seemed to be more beautiful than the last time he saw her.

 

“Please stop staring at me, Tae.” Lily lightly tapped his forehead.

 

Taehyung chuckled and replied that he could not resist her beauty. He gazed at her rosy lips and desired to taste them. “May I?”, Taehyung requested.

 

Lily finds Taehyung cute and laughed. “Can you stop asking and just do it like always?”

 

“But you hit me all the time when I do it.”

 

Both laughed remembering the times Taehyung tried to kiss Lily secretly during their trainings and Lily smacking him every time, though she loved it.

 

Lily cupped Taehyung’s face and brought him closer to her face, close enough that she could feel his breathe and gave a smooch.

 

Taehyung grabbed her waist and pulled her in as he kissed her back by her lower lip and biting it slowly.

 

‘Lily, I wish the time could freeze here. I do not want to let you go ever. I want to spend the rest of life kissing you and cuddling with you in our small bed. Even if this is magic or my illusion, I am afraid it will end.’

 

Lily gazed into Taehyung’s eyes and spoke, “Tae, I do not have much time here. So, why don’t we enjoy this moment together? No worries. No concerns. Just us. Enjoying. What do you say?”

 

Taehyung smiled and nodded.

 

Just then, glittering blue wings bloomed out from Lily’s scapula. “Let’s fly wherever our wings take us.”

 

Taehyung haven’t told Lily that he lost his wings. He shuttered as he tried to tell her but Lily interrupted him and informed him that she already knew it.

 

She turned him around and kissed his back. There and then, his lavender wings reappeared and were flapping. Taehyung was shocked that Lily could that.

 

“I requested Chimon to give you your wings just once while we are together.” Lily knew Taehyung was there in the magic shop and she was instructed to help Taehyung learn to live a life without her.

 

The flapping wings took Lily up above the flowers. She reached her hand to Taehyung and Taehyung grabbed it. He tried to use the wings and it clumsily flaps as it took him up into the air.

 

While they flew together in the sky, Taehyung closed his eyes and feel the breeze brushing his body. The moment had become his most precious memory. To be able to fly again and that too beside Lily made him elated.

 

All of a sudden, Lily tugged him and twirl him in midair. Taehyung screamed to stop it and as he caught up to the momentum, he took control and spin Lily instead. Lily laughed and screamed at the same time.

 

His stomach hurts from all the laughing and as he slowed down the motion, he pulled Lily towards him and squeezed her in his arms.

 

Lily looked at Taehyung’s eyes and she could tell that he was deeply in love with her. She took the lead and gently spin to slow dance as they float in the air.

 

She hooked her arms around Taehyung’s neck and gazed in his eyes. “Tae, are you okay out there? You know I am sorry for leaving you alone.”

 

Taehyung shook his head and hugged her. “Please. Don’t say you are sorry. I am the one who should be.”

 

“I don’t want you to blame yourself for what had happened. Let’s forgive ourselves. Your life is long and hiding away is not like you. You know when winter passes, spring comes.”

 

   “Lily, it’s so hard out there without you. I tried but I can’t bring myself to move on.”

 

Both of them landed on the ground and sat down among the flowers. Lily clutched Taehyung’s hand and spoke, “Do you know what is the only thing you need to be happy? It’s loving yourself. I know loving yourself now can be hard but that will make you happy without me.”

 

“And how do I love myself?”, Taehyung asked.

 

Lily stared at him silently. “I- I don’t know. There is no particular answer for that. You may not notice it but you taught me to love myself. You were the reason that I smiled every day. You believed in me and you encouraged me to be more confident. It’s my attitude towards myself. That’s the happiness I needed for me.”

 

“Is loving myself enough to fill the gap you have left? Lily, it’s you. You are my happiness. When you told me to be happy before you took your last breath, that was the last string on which I am hanging on with this life.” Taehyung sulked and looked away. “I will come to you soon.”

 

Lily immediately smacked Taehyung on his shoulder, making him startle. “Don’t you dare come to me. I won’t welcome someone who don’t value his life. You know what, it’s kind of sad that I died and not you. If I were you in your place, I would be thankful and try my best to live. When you are happy there, I am happy here too.”

 

Taehyung has always thought that Lily could only bring him happiness. However, upon hearing Lily’s words, he had a change of mind. Lily would have wanted to live a life too. He had the precious gift in this world, Life and he was wasting it dwelling in the event that can never be replayed. When Lily told him to be happy, Taehyung realized that Lily truly wanted him to be happy.

 

Lily continued, “Tae, I wish to see you find someone who will fill the hole I made, start a family with her and grow old together. I want you to do all the things I wanted to do with her. But don’t forget me. I am a little selfish.”

 

Lily made Taehyung promise to love himself and be happy. She wanted him to live a beautiful life for both of them and she promised to visit him in different shapes and forms.

 

The two sat there chatting and reminiscing their beautiful moments together. Time seemed to run the same with the outside world. Before they could realize it, the place has grown darker and evening set in.

Lily stood up and stare at their right. “Tae, look. It’s snowing there.”

 

Lily quickly hauled Taehyung towards the snowfall. It was a strange area where the snow only falls in that spot and all the winter flowers were growing there.

 

Lily rolled a snowball and threw it at Taehyung. Soon, the two were in a snowball fight. Taehyung chased after Lily and grabbed her by the waist, but he accidentally tripped and both fell down on the fluffy snow.

 

They laid on the cold ground and let the snow fall on their faces.

 

Taehyung watched Lily play with the snow flakes and started to miss her already. He sat up and caressed Lily’s face. Lily blushed and her body started to glow, ready to depart.

 

“It’s time for me to go.” Lily smiled.

 

Taehyung immediately pulled her up and hugged her. “I am not ready.”

 

“Tae, keep your promises. Okay?”, Lily hugged him tighter as her body slowly dispersed into the snow.

 

“I will.” Taehyung grabbed Lily’s face and kissed her for the last time. Lily pressed her lips on his and passionately kissed him back. Tears wet their eyes as they curse the time that was separating them.

 

And as their lips were in contact, Lily completely dispersed into the falling snow and it left a cold sensation on Taehyung’s lips.

 

A tear drop ran down Taehyung’s blushed cheek and fell on top of the white snow. And on that very spot, a snow flower emerged against the thick layer of snow and blossomed.

 

Chimon appeared and stood there as he watched Taehyung wept. How he wished he could heal a soul with his power. But one can only completely heal himself from inside. And Chimon was only the external force to kickstart the process.

 

The wings on Taehyung’s back also disappeared and when he came back to his senses, he was already back to the white room.

 

Chimon cleared his throat and asked, “Are you ready to fulfill your promises?”

 

Taehyung raised his head with a smile and teary eyes, “Chimon, thank you. Thank you for letting me meet my Lily. And I am ready.”

 

Seeing a good chance in him, Chimon smiled back in achieving his duty. “Well then, “Chimon magically lifted Taehyung, “Stand straight”, straighten his back and “Held you head high”, the mana in the room twirl around Taehyung, refreshing him and lighting him up.

 

The mana wind then pushed Taehyung towards the door that exit the room.

 

“Thank you for visiting the Magic Shop. It was my pleasure to assist you. Have a great life ahead.” Chimon smiled and bowed.

 

Taehyung took the door knob to open but before opening it, he turned back to Chimon, “Can I come back again?”

 

“Well, that depends on you. But I doubt you will. Because no one has ever came back.”

 

“Alright then. Thank you for your service.” With this, Taehyung opened the door and a bright light flashed at his eyes.

 

.

.

.

 

It was morning and the annoying continuous knocks on the door intensified. Taehyung sprung up from his bed, looking around and he was in his room back at his home.

 

‘Was it a dream? It felt so real. When did I come back home?’

 

The knock won’t stop and Taehyung went to get the door. It was the messenger fairy, reading out loud that the Queen wants him in Wisteria that evening.

 

Taehyung tried to hold in his laugh and wondered if that dull fairy has always been funny. He gazed behind the back of the fairy and saw the surrounding covered with snow. “Snow?”, he said out loud in surprise.

 

“Yes, last night we had the first snowfall of this winter.” The fairy replied and left.

 

Taehyung smiled to himself and stood there for a minute to enjoy the view. He wondered if the dream he had was a good sign because he had never felt so active since last year. Somehow, his heart was fluttering and it felt nice. He guessed Lily must be watching over him from above.

 

He took a deep breath, inhaling the cold fresh air that chilled his body. Then he excitedly went back inside. Before he could close the door, something caught his eyes. On the sides of his doorsteps, purple snow flowers were growing gracefully on the snow. Taehyung's eyes sparkled seeing the flowers.

 

“It wasn’t a dream.”

“Lily.”

 

******* FIN *******