Like a giant wave

Mediterranean sunrise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

William McIntyre was a 45-year-old North American who got married to a South Korean beauty 5 years before.

Yongsun was 7 years younger than her husband and she planned to have kids and become an amazing mother, exactly like hers. However, destiny had a different opinion.

The female couldn't get pregnant and the guy was not thrilled about adopting.

That certainly made the marriage start cracking but Willian thought that beautiful diamonds, nice clothes, and occasional parties would smooth his wife's heart.

After forgetting their 5th anniversary, the man bought them a cruise to the Mediterranean to make up for his slip.

Nevertheless, they had to fly to Italy first because of his business. And there, they joined the rest of the crew into the ship right on time for dinner.

William was very sociable and in a matter of minutes, he socialized with another American who seemed to be a few years older than him.

Yongsun didn't notice that her husband was sharing an exciting chat with the man on a table beside them.

The 40-year-old blonde was lost in thoughts when she heard a deep yet warm voice saying:

_____ They can be really insensitive, right? Silly men.

Yongsun glanced at the side and saw a very pretty and handsome woman standing close.

_____ I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understood._____ She said with honesty.

_____ Oh, I disturbed your thoughts. I'm sorry. I was just talking about my husband and your...partner?

_____ Yes, he is my husband too.

_____ Right. They've been talking like 2 school boys for over an hour. It's like you and I never existed._____ She laughed.

The charming woman seemed to be Yongsun's age and the blonde thought the stranger might be as bored as she was.

_____ It's fascinating how men become instantly best friends._____ Yongsun looked at the other table and thought that the woman was way out of the husband's league.

_____ I know right? They never wanna talk to us. But when there is another guy around...____ The charming light brown-haired woman shrugged still smiling.

_____ Would you like to join me, Mrs...?_____ The blonde asked.

______ Just call me Byul. Actually, I was wondering if you don't wanna go catch some pure air. The moon is huge today and the sky is filled with stars. So we don't need to worry about darkness.

_____ Hmmm...If you don't get disgusted in case I become nauseated.

_____ It may happen to me too. But I'm mentally nauseated with all the testosterone in this place. Look at all these guys drinking, smoking cigars, and talking about "macho" stuff.

Laughing, the blonde stood up and commented:

_____ I'm Yongsun, by the way.

She had the impression that the brunette checked her out for a brief moment and that made her feel some type of way that was unfamiliar.

_____ Okay, Yongsun. Let's spend my husband's money with the best bottle of champagne on board. _____ The brown-haired one walked towards the bar and talked to the bartender.

Then, the duo left the dining room area without being noticed by their partners.

_____ I should tell you that I'm a light drinker._____ Yongsun informed with some hesitation.

_____ That's okay. You can have just a sip if you want. Wait right here please. Let me get something from my cabin._____ The handsome woman murmured and ran after placing the champagne bottle in Yongsun's hand.

The 40-year-old woman exhaled and leaned against the door of the corridor.

Not even 5 minutes later, the other one returned and looked at her up and down but fastly averted the eyes.

_____ Thanks for keeping it safe._____ Byul smiled and picked the bottle back.

They went to the deck and sat on some chairs near the pool.

Yongsun thought that the other woman was right about the giant moon and the starry night.

_____ It's so beautiful!____  She exclaimed while having shivers.

The brunette leaned and placed the jacket she was holding on Yongsun's shoulders.

_____ I imagined you would freeze outside since you're wearing a tiny dress.

_____ Oh! So this is what you got in your cabin? Shouldn't you wear it?_____ The blonde was surprised.

_____ I'll be warm if you feel fine._____ Byul responded while observing the sky.

Yongsun felt weird again as if her heart started beating too fast and then almost stopped.

______ May I ask how long you're married?____ She tried to make small talk.

The brown-haired one glanced at her and said while opening the champagne bottle:

_____ 3 years. But it feels like forever.

______ Why? Problems already? Oh, I'm sorry. We barely met and I am crossing the line._____ Yongsun covered .

Smiling, the other woman declared:

_____ It's okay. It's not a secret. I married for money. He married to get a trophy to show off. I know, he knows. And we made it work. I mean...we have a good relationship. Nothing extraordinary. It's comfortable...

_____ But...

_____ But he is addicted to gambling. I didn't know about that until recently. He promised to start a treatment. I'm not a fool though. We are sailing around some of the best countries to visit a casino.

_____ Did you...confront him?

_____ Jack is a 52-year-old stubborn man. I won't say he is the typical Texan because he was raised by an aunt in the North after his parents passed. So he doesn't have the narrowest mind about important issues. But when it comes to admitting he has a problem...Impossible._____ The brunette shrugged.

_____ Are you gonna continue married?

_____ We didn't bring glasses. I'm gonna go get them.

_____ It's fine by me. We don't need them.

Laughing, Byul affirmed before tasting the champagne:

_____ You seem to be the perfect company, Yongsun. Most women would be picky about glasses. Anyway, I like my comfortable life. Jack doesn't bother me. Except for the gambling thing.

_____ I see.

_____ How about you? Is all good?_____ The woman asked while staring at the blonde.

_____ It's all...normal.

_____ Normal?

_____ Yeah. I mean...There isn't such thing as a perfect marriage, right? We have a good life together. He takes me on lots of trips, gives me nice things. Matt is not an absent husband. What else could I ask?_____ The 40-year-old woman asked.

_____ You sounded a bit...upset. I know that I am a stranger but...I'm a good listener. Just saying in case you need to speak._____ Byul sipped again and handing her the bottle.

The blonde gulped a dose of the drink and looked at the sky.

_____ I want kids. I really want kids! But I can't get pregnant.

_____ I'm sorry. How about adoption?

_____ He doesn't want to raise someone else's kid._____ Yongsun sounded angry all of a sudden.

The blonde had a bigger sip of the champagne and the other woman took the bottle back:

_____ Okay, let's keep you sober.

_____ Why?____ Yongsun lifted her eyebrow.

_____ Because...we are surrounded by the sea in the middle of the night and I would die trying to save you if you fell into the water while being drunk.

_____ Why would you try to save me? We are practically strangers.

_____ Let's change that. When is your birthday?

_____ February 21st, 91 line.

Byul whistled and widened her eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter