My Savior

My Savior

AN: I love love BiHi friendship! Enjoy~


My Savior

 

 

“Okay, cut!”

Hayi lets out a breath and turns to lie on her back. Her eyes land on another pair of eyes. Warm and soft pair of eyes. Eyes that instantly make her feel safe.

Hanbin’s eyes.

They were shooting for the music video of her song. The song he made for her. Savior.

‘Like fate, like destiny we got along together so naturally. You already have a piece of my heart.’ He wrote those lyrics for her. True enough, that’s exactly the same view she had on what they had. Without knowing it, she realized he already has a piece of her heart as well.

When she first heard it, she knew she had to have it on her next album. She’d fight for it. She’d fight for them. For him.

Now she was lying on his lap and looking up at him. She blinks her eyes slowly at him. She’s really lying on his lap right now, she thinks in awe.

She knows he is always ready to help her and support her but she still feels so thankful for him. For the song. For being here now, shooting the music video with her.

He’s looking down at her attentively with a small smile on his lips, his brows raising. “Are you comfortable?” He tries to adjust his leg and the pillow for her.

She nods and adjusts on her own. “Yep. I’m okay.” She thinks for a second, “I’m hungry though.”

That earned her a soft laugh. The small sound gives her heart warmth at once.

He gives her a lopsided smile. “Think we’re almost done. Should we grab something later?”

Automatically, she beams up at him. “Yes, please!”

The two of them are in their own world. Chatting as she lies comfortably on his thigh.

“What do you want to eat?”

“Pizza?”

He grins at her and points his usual bang gesture at her. “Deal.”

She winks and does the same gesture back at him. She goes back to position as the director gets their attention, holding the big smile threatening to break on her lips.

He’s such a softie, she thinks to herself. People would think otherwise at first but if they were the same as her, knowing how he really is, they’d realize he’s a warm person.

The way he’s now become such a softhearted person compared to how he was before, makes her always want to protect him. From every hateful person, from all the hurtful words. 

Like how she was hugging him earlier, she wanted to cover him against anything that could harm him.

She wanted to keep on saving him. The same way he did for her.

----

“And, cut!”

It is the part when he holds her hand in both of his. Hanbin brings their hands down.

Hayi feels him squeeze her hand before letting go. She shoots him a stare and he just smiles back innocently.

Her eyes roll at his antiques. He’s so playful with her sometimes.


‘Will you be able to stay by my side, as long as I want you to?’ His lyrics. She wants to ask him the same thing.

Funny how his lyrics were things she wanted to tell him as well.

----

“Pizza, pizza!” Hayi does her little dance as Hanbin opens the box of pepperoni pizza they ordered.

They both open their cans of beer and give a small toast. “Cheers.”

“Ah! What a day.” Hayi slumps on her couch, munching on her pizza.

Hanbin sits with his knee up by the carpet, taking a big bite on his own pizza. He nods his head as he takes a sip.

Hayi watches him and smiles, giving him a tissue. “What movie do you wanna watch?”

“Any?”

“Sure.”

She said that but halfway through the movie, Hanbin notices she was already falling asleep. Hanbin smiles and pauses the movie. Thinking she must be tired with her comeback preparations.

He starts to clean up, putting the leftover pizza in her refrigerator. He also washes her dishes from earlier in the morning.

Hayi wakes up as he finishes wiping the table. She quickly stands up but wobbles back on the couch. His hand catches her arm. “Hey, careful.”

She squints her sleepy eyes at him. “Are you going?”

“Yeah, you should rest now.”

Hayi nods and rubs her eyes. She stands up again, carefully this time, and walks up to him as he pulls his hoodie over his head.

“Hanbin-ah,” She calls out as he slips on his shoes.

“Hm?” He turns to face her when she suddenly takes a step, stands on her toes and pulls him into a hug.

Her voice gets muffled on his shoulder. “Thank you for all your help. And for today.”

Hanbin blinks a few times before he smiles, bringing his arms around her as well. His hand pats the back of her head a few times. “I should be the one thanking you.” He says in a bare whisper. “For staying with me.”

They stay like that for a while before they tighten the hug once and let go. Hanbin smiles and puts a hand on the side of her face. “Thank you for being in my life, Hayi-yah.”

Hayi takes a shaky breath and smiles widely. “You too. Hanbin jjang!”

They just look at each other, standing there.

Earlier, when the director told them to smile lovingly at each other, it was the easiest thing for both of them.

That’s how they normally look at each other.

“Text me when you get home.” She follows him by the door.

“Alright. Sleep well, lock the doors.”

“Hanbin-ah.” She peeks by the door as he leaves, her hand by the door.

He looks at her, “Yeah?”

“Thank you for not giving up.”

He pauses and looks at her. He gently takes her hand by the door in his. Holding it tightly. “Hayi-yah, thank you. For being one of the reasons.”

‘You make me feel special
You got me giving meaning to small things like breathing
I project myself on every beautiful thing
You make me want to live’

She also holds his hand tightly before they let go.

“I’ll see you soon.”

“Okay.”

“Close the door now.”

“Hmn. Don’t miss me too much, Hanbin-ah.”

“Okay. I’ll try not to.”

---

Hey, I’m home now

Hanbin sends the text once he finished washing up and changing into his pyjamas.

He places his phone down and turns on the lamp shade by his bed as he lies down.

Memories of the scenes they shot earlier flashes on his mind. His head on her shoulder, her arm around him. Her warmth seeped through to him. Her scent that calms him. 

He brings up his hand, staring at it. Suddenly missing the feeling of her hand fitting his.

Hard times during the past year, aside from his family, it was her hand that always held onto him and held him up. Her words that also saved him from drowning. It was no wonder her presence automatically brings comfort to him nowadays. Like his family. Like home.

His phone suddenly rings as if he’s summoned her call.

“Hey, you didn’t have to wait for me.”

“Hmmm, I just wanted to… ” 

He lets out a shaky laugh as he puts the hand he was staring at earlier to cover his eyes. Nobody can stop her when she wants to do anything. Even openly being there for him despite his situation.

She was such a strong girl. His Savior.

Was he deserving to stay by her side and have her stay by his side? He shakes his head, he used to doubt himself with these questions.

“Hanbin-ah, are you sleeping already… ?”

But now. Now he wants to try. 

“Not yet. Hey…” He turns on his camera and requests for her to do the same.

Hayi’s face appears on his screen. She was still on the couch, she often prefers sleeping there.

Hanbin turns on his side and just looks at her. Calm and warmth dawns upon him.

“What’s up?” Hayi blinks her sleepy eyes at him.

“Nothing. I just wanted to see you again.”

Now he wants to try his best again. To be a person deserving to have her by his side. Deserving of people believing in him.

Hayi opens her eyes then she breaks into a beautiful smile. She just stares back at him for a while. “Ey, I told you not to miss me too much.”

“Couldn’t help it.” The words slip by his tongue, surprising him. He quickly clears his throat. “Alright, let’s sleep now.”

Hayi rubs her eyes and gives him a sleepy smile. “Hmmkay. Goodnigh, Hanbin-ah.”

“Hmn. Goodnight, Hayi-yah.”

“Hanbin-ah.”

“Hm?”

“When you wake up, I’m still gonna be here. So sleep well.”

He feels his eyes warm up, he gives her a soft smile.

My savior, did the one above send you to me?


----

My savior, did the one above send you to me?

He had written songs for her. His songs saved her during her darkest days.

Hanbin might not know it but he was also her savior back then.

They were actually each other's savior.

Hayi brings down her phone. She also stares at her hand, the one he held earlier.

She places it above her heart, a small smile on her lips as she closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep.

Let us just get to our palace when the moon comes up

 


AN: Hope you liked it! Hoping to see more of this friendship~