STLDFM [one-shot]

STLDFM [one-shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mommy said that you used to be her dance partner and that you are so good at dancing in any genre specially traditional dance like cotillion, so why don't you teach me how to dance, Mama? I badly need your help."

Jeongyeon chuckles upon seeing a 16 year old girl pouting at her. This kid is using her adorable face whenever she wants to make Jeongyeon say yes to her requests, her Mommy surely taught her well.

"You are just like your Mommy. You both think that you can have your way by just pouting and giving me puppy eyes."

"Mommy told me it works for her everytime." the young girl said while grinning.

Jeongyeon laughs at the kid's silliness. She messes her hair while still smiling.

"Alright. Let's dance."

----

"Let's dance?"

Jeongyeon is not a fan of college nights. It's basically just like a highschool prom night but only students under the same colleges are the ones invited.

And if it weren't because of additional points that she badly needed to graduate, Jeongyeon would rather not spend her time at this kind of event. For her, it would be very interesting if her friends are around but unfortunately, they don't share the same course and college.

She's been watching the students dancing on the middle of the dance floor hoping to see someone worth recruiting in the dance club. Yes, she is part of the dance club and the sight of the students calling the act of smooching, giggling and grinding at each other as a form of dancing annoys her.

So after spending an hour at the party and after securing her attendance on the class' record, Jeongyeon makes her way to the entrance, eager to leave the place.

But then halfway through her journey, her eyes caught an alarming scene. There's a guy talking and getting touchy to an obviously uncomfortable girl. She can clearly see the girl flinching the moment the guy places his arms around the girl's shoulder.

One thing that Jeongyeon doesn't like seeing is a person taking advantage of another person, regardless of the situation. She might get in trouble and she might receive a scolding from Momo later for being in trouble, but she just can't leave the place after seeing that. So she started to walk towards the two figures.

She approached them and offered her hand to the girl. She couldn't see the face because the girl had her gaze on the floor. She invited her to dance, without realizing the bunch of curious eyes on them and without realizing that they are both women, and it's an open secret to the whole university that Jeongyeon is into girls.

The girl glanced up at her and Jeongyeon almost let out a loud gasp upon seeing her face. It's not an exaggeration if Jeongyeon says that her heart skips a beat. 'She's so damn gorgeous!' Jeongyeon thought. She immediately shook it off when she remembered the reason why she approached them.

She stares at the girl who is confusingly staring back at her.

The girl has shoulder length black hair, has this beautiful pair of eyes, has pinkish lips that are slightly open and tiny moles that add up to her beauty. Her eyes are glassy, she is either about to cry or currently holding back her tears.

Jeongyeon clenched her fist when she noticed it. The woman might not show any other emotion but confusion towards her, but her eyes can't lie that she doesn't like the situation where she is currently in.

"I'm sorry?" the girl said softly. Her eyes roamed at Jeongyeon, observing her and checking if the woman was there to add up to her problem and if she is up to no good.

"Let's dance." Jeongyeon repeated but with a smile this time.

The girl was about to decline because one stranger bugging her to dance was enough, but she saw something in Jeongyeon's eyes—sincerity.

It's as if it's telling her that she is there to help her get out of her current situation. She also saw how Jeongyeon threw a few glances at the guy beside her protectively, just to make sure that the guy is staying still while they are conversing.

With that, the woman lifts her hand and holds Jeongyeon's waiting hand.

"Sure."

Jeongyeon gave her a gentle smile and before the guy uttered his protest, she gently pulled the woman and walked with her towards the dance floor, holding hands.

The current music is slow and pretty romantic, it's a love song and they are gaining attention. Jeongyeon realized that so she stopped and turned to the woman she's holding.

"I'm sorry about this. I just don't know what to do when I see you uncomfortable with that guy. Asking you to dance is the first thing that comes into my mind." Jeongyeon said. She glanced behind the woman to check if the guy was still there. He is still there and staring at them wearing an annoying grin. The guy was obviously waiting for the woman to come back knowing they actually can't dance without gaining attention.

But Jeongyeon will make sure that the woman will be safe from that guy for the rest of the night.

"This is so awkward. Should I search for someone who can you actually dance with? I promised that I will hand you to someone who is trustworthy." Jeongyeon added while roaming her eyes to the crowd, searching for a possible trustworthy friend, and to avoid the pair of eyes that is currently staring at her.

'Gosh, don't stare. I'm too weak for that.' Jeongyeon thought.

But Jeongyeon stops searching. She stops when the woman holds her face to stay still and pulls her closer to get her attention. She felt her face getting red.

They are staring at each other and Jeongyeon panics internally because of how close their faces are and how nice the woman's perfume is. 'What the fudge?!'

"No, I'm actually thankful for what you did. Let's dance. You invited me so you owe me a dance. Don't mind them." The woman gave her a gummy smile and then Jeongyeon let herself get dragged on the dance floor. She can't really function knowing how fast her heart is beating at that moment.

"You are taller. You should hold my waist. It's okay." The girl guides Jeongyeon's hands to her waist.

Jeongyeon hitches her breath when the woman hugs her arms onto her neck right after. '.. .. !'

When Jeongyeon lets out a deep breath, the woman sighs. She can feel that Jeongyeon is so out of it. She wants Jeongyeon to snap out of whatever is bothering her because.. She actually wants this dance. The woman thought that Jeongyeon didn't know how to dance.

"Please tell me that you know how to dance. I don't want to embarrass ourselves."

That wakes Jeongyeon from her panic state. Dancing is her pride. It doesn't matter how pretty and how nice a person's scent is. No one has a right to question her dancing skill!

"I'm a dancer! I know how to dance!" And so Jeongyeon holds onto the woman's waist and pulls the woman closer to her. She felt that the woman became stiff but eventually loosened up when Jeongyeon started to sway them along with the love song.

It's still awkward though. Jeongyeon still can't stare at the woman's face for longer than 3 seconds because she is literally taking her breath away with her beauty and it's not an exaggeration.

"My name is Mina." Said the woman, trying to break the ice and wanting to know the name of the dancer.

"Mine is Jeongyeon—ouch!"

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry!"

---

"I'm so sorry, Mama!" the 16 year old girl exclaimed. She kneels beside her Mama Jeongyeon who is in pain. She's holding her toe after the young girl accidentally steps on it while teaching her how to dance.

"You surely are Mina's child." Jeongyeon said while laughing the pain away.

"Why? Because she stepped on your toe as well during your first dance?" The girl helped her Mama to sit on the bench to take a rest and have a water break.

"Yeah, your foot is as powerful as your Mommy's. I can still remember how painful my toes were that day and it's the same."

Jeongyeon can't help but to smile whenever she remembers how everything went smoothly between her and Mina that night. It started after the younger girl accidentally stepped on her toe. They were able to converse more comfortably and they even found out that they share the same level of sense of humor.

"Mommy is a great dancer though. I bet that she never made the same mistake after learning from you."

Jeongyeon smiles and nods.

"I taught her a secret on how to not step on my toes again."

Jeongyeon glances at the entrance of the studio they are currently in.

---

"Jeong unnie, I want to introduce you to someone."

Jeongyeon's jaw dropped when she saw the woman standing at the entrance of their dance club's studio beside her friend Momo. She blinks her eyes to make sure that the woman who keeps on bugging her mind and keeps on appearing in her dreams is really standing in front of her and smiling at her.

"Mina?"

Mina's smile went wide after Jeongyeon's recognition. Her eyes sparkle while staring at Jeongyeon. Momo shifts her gaze from Jeongyeon to Mina and Mina to Jeongyeon several times.

"Good to know that you can still remember me, Yoo Jeongyeon." Mina said with a hint of blush on her cheeks.

They met each other again after a week since their college night. They both had a great night and they can't deny that they both enjoyed being around each other.

Momo recruited Mina to the dance club because apparently, Mina is also a dancer who used to compete against Momo back in Japan. Momo also mentioned that Mina is looking forward to learning traditional dance from Jeongyeon because it's one of her requirements for her minor subject.

Of course, Jeongyeon agreed to be Mina's traditional dance instructor. How can she say no when Mina pouts at her with hopeful eyes?

And so they set up a meeting after all of their classes everyday. Because of that, they got to know each other more that lessened their awkwardness. They realize that they are compatible in so many ways. They're enjoying each other's company to the point that they are unconsciously looking forward to their dance session everyday.

"You're doing great, Mina! Now use your left foot—Ouch!"

"Jeongyeon!"

Mina kneels beside the almost crying Jeongyeon on the ground. The dancer is currently holding her hurting toe.

"I'm so sorry. I think I should stop wear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter