back to reality

unsaid thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju.

A name that could make Chaewon's world crumble any minute. The same name used to bring her nothing but joy and happiness, but what went wrong?

Chaewon never liked the concept of love. The thought of wanting to spend the rest of her life with someone, being domestic, or just being in love, in general, was weird for her. But due to her friends talking about it, she got curious. She tried blind dates, flings, and many other things. Nothing seemed to work out, though. She's had crushes, sure. During high school, she developed a little crush on a certain girl. That was the very first time that she thought that maybe, this is what love would feel like, but it never felt anything like how everyone described it. There wasn’t a spark in her heart.

Until a certain someone came.

Kim Minju, a girl who had just transferred to her class, had all eyes on her. The girl had long black hair, fox-like eyes, plump lips, and a high nose bridge. Chaewon was in awe. How could someone be so pretty?

From the day she saw the girl, she has never left Chaewon's mind. And so, even if the older hates reading, she goes to the library for this certain girl. Chaewon thinks this girl was ethereal. From how she laughs, to the way her dimples show when she smiles, or how she pouts when she’s having a hard time. Chaewon found it endearing. Watching her from afar was enough for her, she didn't need anything more.

After months of doing this, though, Minju caught on and approached her. Chaewon went into full panic. She couldn't come up with an excuse.

"It's not what it looks like, I swear! I just thought you were really interesting and-"

Minju didn't let Chaewon finish, she broke into laughter.

"Thanks for the compliment, stranger. Don't worry, I don't think you're a creep!"

Chaewon felt her cheeks heat up at the statement.

"Was the last part really necessary?"

"Well, you looked nervous about what I thought about you."

"I was."

"Pretty obvious, buddy."

 

Years later, Chaewon still thinks about the very first time they met. How an accidental meeting turned into a friendship that lasted long, and how she slowly developed feelings for the younger. She didn’t know if it was the late night talks, or the random hangouts, but Chaewon finally knows what love feels like. She didn’t need to find love,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter