fin

100% PURE BEEF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: again, let me remind you guys that this is a series of one shots, okurr? It's called: THE JAWBREAKERS

here's the order if you read them:

1. yujin's 13th reason why

2. wonyoung's incredibly boring sleepover

3. 100% PURE BEEF

4. (still writng the last os :D) 

xxx

" Why can't you just admit that Bee Movie is a cinematic masterpiece? "

" Babe, we've been over this. You wasted an hour and a half of my life making me watch an inter-species romance between a bee and a full-grown woman. WITH A JOB. That's the most ridiculous thing I have witnessed with my two eyes, and you know how Jaehee used to make me sit through her tapes of her self-produced movies, mind you. "

Winter munches on her cereal as she savors the very rare occasion of Yujin and Wonyoung fighting. Everyone in their school thinks that they are cute, Winter thinks so too, but just like any nosy , she doubts their relationship. They are two complete opposites, and somehow they managed to hit it off. They are like the healthier version of Morticia and Gomez of the Addams family. Winter wants to get to the bottom of things. 

" Jesus Christ?! " 

Yujin's heart dropped when she noticed Winter's presence in their kitchen. Her co-worker/schoolmate is at her house. Precisely eight in the morning. She must be seeing things right now, but the apathetic look in Winter's face is irking her, so it must be real. She sat on the barstool right across from Winter while Wonyoung just gave the other girl a quick "hey" and proceeded to open the refrigerator to make breakfast. 

" What are you doing in my house so early, Winter? " Yujin massaged the bridge of her nose. " More importantly, who let you in? "

" Your Mom. " Winter replied. " They told me they were leaving for Yoga Class and that I should make myself comfortable and grab anything I want for breakfast. "

" ing yoga class. " Yujin whispered under her breath. Her parents are obsessed with everything they see on television. It's a disease at this point. " Anyway, what do you want from me? "

" I need you to show me the ropes. " Winter finished her cereals. She wished that Yujin didn't mind her finishing the whole box of Froot Loops in their pantry. " It's an important thing I must do, and you're the only person who can help me. " 

Wonyoung sat next to Yujin and gave her a plate of scrambled eggs and toast. She was about to take a picture of the breakfast she made for her girlfriend, but the Gordon Ramsey recipe she followed on Youtube was a complete failure. Wonyoung could only hide her disgust while sipping on her coffee. Everyone has their own weakness, and Wonyoung can't cook for even if her life depends on it. 

" Yo, Vicky. " Winter frowned at the sight of Yujin eating a pile of yellow goo in her toast. She just saw Wonyoung slid a plate to Yujn, so that must be her cooking. " I know you're good at everything and all that jazz, but you can't just serve Yujin leftovers from her dog's dinner last night. " 

Yujin's eyes trailed down to her breakfast. Her eggs do have the consistency of wet dog food, but it doesn't taste bad. " It's good, though. "

Wonyoung flipped off Winter and scrolled through her phone. She received a message from Karina, so she opened it before checking on the 234 people who followed her yesterday on Instagram.

Karina bff

hey. bbq party @ my place. be there! xoxo

The image of beef being grilled on a five hundred dollar smoker occupied Wonyoung's mind. Oh, she was excited about Karina's barbecue party. Beef is the love of her life, Yujin is a close second. Wonyoung clung to Yujin's arm and showed her Karina's message. Yujin was visibly excited, too, which made Winter curious about what the two girls in front of her were giggling about. 

" Care to share? " Winter raised an eyebrow.

" Well. " Wonyoung flips her hair to the side, exposing her neck that Winter took an interest in. " Karina just invited me to her barbecue party! And of course, Jinnie would be there too because she is my plus one. But I doubt that Karina invited you because of what happened between the two of you. " Wonyoung remembered the day when the cold and brooding Winter managed to piss off Karina, the girl who's literally an angel sent by Whitney Houston. What transpired between the two girls was probably one of the many highlights of their senior year.

Winter feels a bit uneasy when people bring up the thing she did to Karina before, but she's kind of disappointed that she didn't get an invite to the Barbecue party. It's meat and free food! Of course, everyone wants to come.

" Anyway, I will leave the two of you here while I go watch the news. " Wonyoung stood up from her seat and kissed Yujin on the cheek before leaving.

" Fashion news is not news, Wonyoung. " Winter said. 

" Of course it is. It's political even. " 

Winter immediately took the seat next to Yujin to whisper something about the things she needed help with. 

" I need your help, Yujin. I'm going to ask Karina out on a date. " Winter confided, but Yujin was so surprised about Winter's request that she spit her food on her friend's face. 

" Are you kidding me? After all, what you did to her, you're asking Karina out on a date?! " Yujin half-whispered, half yelled. 

Winter removed the bits and pieces of eggs on her face and distanced herself from Yujin. She's just like your overgrown golden retriever puppy. No tact and incredibly messy. " I know what I did to her, Yujin. That's exactly why I need your help because you're sweet and considerate. "

Yujin shrugged her shoulders. " Well, okay. When do we start? " she asked while taking another bite from her breakfast. 

" Today. I'm asking her out at her Barbecue party. "

" But you're not invited. "

" Do not gloss over the details, Yujin. "

Again, Yujin just shrugged her shoulders. At least now she knows that Winter actually is a human being who feels romantic attraction because most of the time, Yujin assumes that Winter is a sardonic robot friend from the future. " Sure, whatever. " 

" Anyway, why does your girlfriend have finger marks on her neck? " Winter asked.

Yujin pops the last bite of bread in , trying to act casual about the question. " W-we uhh.. wrestled."

xxx

Winter truly appreciates life despite having a resting face. She loves working at Kai's Pizza Planet because her boss is a serious case of a himbo, and he lets Winter slack off even if he tells her not to. She likes her co-workers, Ningning, an absolute riot, and Yujin, the human embodiment of a golden retriever. There is nothing that Winter could complain about because she wished that her current lifestyle would stay the same even if she grew older.

But she wonders why she could never get the attention of her long-time crush and classmate, Karina. 

Karina. Oh, how Winter liked that name. 

Just letting those three syllables roll into her tongue fills her stomach with butterflies. It didn't take Winter forever to figure out that she liked Karina amongst other people she interacted with. Karina is friends with the most popular girls in school. She hangs out with the Jang Wonyoung. But unlike Wonyoung, Karina is not a diva or a bratty kid from Beverly Hills with a valley girl accent. 

Karina is sweet. Pretty. Intimidating, yes, but only because you're not friends with her. 

She's like a manic pixie dream girl in a John Green book but a hundred times better and with substance! 

Winter is naturally drawn to Karina. And she will not shy from the opportunity that she might be able to date a girl like her. After all, her friend/co-worker Yujin bagged Jang Wonyoung. Winter feels like she has a shot with Karina too. So, she asked her other friend/co-worker, Ningning, for advice.

But boy, Winter has done and ed up. She made a mental note that day to never go to Ningnin for advice except if you want Lottery numbers. 

" Well, I've read that girls will fall in love with you if she's caught in a life and death situation and you're there to save her. They say that it works like magic. Try it and tell me if it works. " 

They have swimming class that day, and Winter pondered on Ningning's suggestion. She looked over to Karina from the other side of the pool, chatting happily with her friends. Winter rested her face on her knees as she ogled over her crush. She really likes her. Winter wants to hold her stupid hand and sing her a stupid song from Taylor Swift's Fearless album. 

Winter decided that she would confess to Karina on that very day. She thinks that the time was right. 

When it was Karina's turn to demonstrate to the whole class how to dive correctly, Winter sneaked up behind her crush and pushed Karina on the 5-meter diving board. Their whole class gasped when they saw what had happened. WInter is so set on her plans to make Karina fall in love with her that she overlooked the fact that she looked like a psychopath when she attempted to woo Karina. 

" I- I will save you... or whatever... " Winter announced robotically, in front of everyone before jumping off the diving board herself. She carried the unconscious Karina back to safety and performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on the girl. Everyone watched in awe at Winter's display of stupidity. 

Karina soon regains her consciousness back. She felt warm lips on hers, and as soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter