Finally

Finally
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A busy Friday night as usual. After a week of stress and sleepless nights, they're finally able to celebrate their accomplishment. With Jessica's team leading the fashion film project, she's generous enough to treat not just her team but the entire office for a Friday night chug.

They're all used to this. It is always expected that after a project, there will either be a team dinner, clubbing, or just chillin' at a bar. The other employees often feel envious of Jessica's team. That's probably one of the perks of being part of the creative department.

And they are all used to the fact that Yuri is not joining them unless the owner of the company invites her.

 

"Yuri Unnie, please. Just this once since we're all complete." Seohyun said. The girl is Yuri's assistant video editor. Yuri is not a snob, she can mingle with others. She just doesn't like this kind of celebration. She also doesn't like people who are 'feeling close' to her. She would laugh at jokes when the others are conniving for a useless conversation or gossip hour but she never lets out her opinion unless asked. Most of the time, she doesn't answer personal questions too, the reason why she looks mysterious in the office. 

"Then let's make it incomplete then." Yuri said sarcastically with a smile as she shut down her computer.

"Unnie..." Seohyun whined looking desperate.

Yuri is the only person who's licensed to answer back that way. That's what she usually does whenever she's not interested in the questions being asked to her -- either answer it sarcastically or just make a face.

But don't get her wrong. At times when a topic interests her, she willingly joins the conversation and somehow gives her opinions. When it comes to working, she's a leader that everyone wishes to have. She never lets a member feel down. If they ever make a mistake, Yuri never calls them out instead, talks to them in private. With the new hires, she always makes sure to guide them accordingly until they can manage to do things on their own. She's somehow one of the most loved people at work, less her mood for being serious.

"Ya! Kwon Seobang." Jessica calls her. As she checks herself in a small mirror.

"Yes, girlfriend?" Yuri answered teasingly as she used her phone.

"You need to be there. All of us are gonna be there. Don't be such a lazy head, please?"

"I'm not being lazy, I told you I have prior commitments," Yuri answered as she put on her denim jacket then used her phone again.

"Prior commitments? Really? Every single time the team goes out?" Jessica asked. She's starting to get pissed off at Yuri. "Wow! Just wow! What a coincidence really?!" 

"What Yul, you have a date?" Taeyeon the project manager asked. 

"How can she have a date? Her girlfriend is here, remember?" Yoona the writer teased that it made everyone laugh. "Ya! Sica! You should act sweet to your hubby, don't start a quarrel! You might lose her this time... There are a lot of girls lining up for Yul." Yoona teased again that the people around them enjoyed it with laughter.

Jessica crossed her arms then glared at Yoona.

For the past three years since Jessica started her job as the creative director, they have been teased as the Royal Couple. Yuri was kind enough to guide and assist her with work since the previous director just left the company without a word. It could have been easier for Jessica if the job transition happened but she had no choice.  They both would spend lunchtime together or even during snack time. And since Yuri doesn't mingle too much with others unless part of her team, she always ends up spending time alone. And whenever Jessica sees her with no one, the woman willingly joins her. Since then, the people around them thought that they're actually dating and so they started to tease them. They didn't mind since they already got used to it. But it was just dinner, lunch, watching a movie, a sleepover to watch a movie and eat. Nothing more happens.

"Yuri," a woman calls her and pats her shoulder.

Yuri looked at her and stood up. 

"Ms. Sooyoung,"

"Join us later. All of us should be there. Your team did well. Thanks to you and Jessica for leading it. So, it needs celebration." Ms. Sooyoung the owner said.

Yuri nodded with tight lips and sat on her chair again. She sighed in defeat.

Jessica smirked then shakes her head.

"Yes! Yuri's coming with us ladies and gentlemen!" Taeyeon yelled and all of them applauded.

 

They have been drinking for a couple of rounds already but Yuri isn't drunk yet. She's able to manage her drinking pace since she needs to drive herself home. Jessica had a few shots too but already stopped when her face turned red. And it was fine with the others. They know who among the group can drink well and those who can't. They never force anyone who chooses to stop.

"Alright, let's cheer again," Ms. Sooyoung stood up and raised her glass of beer. "to the creative team! Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone yelled in the chorus then drank from their glasses.

Yuri stood up and went to Ms. Sooyoung. 

"Sorry Ma'am, but I have to go now." Yuri said.

"Sure Yuri, at least you get to join us. Thank you." Ms. Sooyoung smiled at her and gave her a pat on the back. "You did a great job!"

"Thank you, Ma'am." Yuri answered.

Ms. Sooyoung whispered something to her that made her smile.

"Thanks, Ma'am. I appreciate it." Yuri then went back to her seat and got her things and waved goodbye to her workmates.

"Bye Yul!" Taeyeon yelled in a drunk voice.

Yuri pats her shoulder then leaves.

 

Jessica just came out from the comfort room and when she's at the table, she notices that Yuri's gone.

"Seo, where's Yuri?" She asked.

"Oh, she already left Unnie. Maybe 10 minutes ago I guess. I'm not sure." Seohyun answered.

Just every single time Yuri has a chance to join them, the woman always leaves without letting her know and she hates it. She'll never forget that time when Yuri got drunk then just left. A moment later, a police officer called her because Yuri got into an accident. Good thing she only had minor injuries in her leg and arm. She was able to recover fast.

Jessica sighed in disappointment.

Moments after, she went outside of the bar with her things. She stood on the doorstep as she watched the rain pouring hard.

". Not tonight." She mumbled.

A woman on the other side chuckled. She looks at her and there she sees Yuri just lit up a cigarette.

"Yuri." Jessica looks at her. She walks closer to Yuri. "Thought you left already?"

"Well, it rained." Yuri answered shortly. "My car is parked at the corner. I don't want to get wet."

"I see." Jessica sighed then watched the rain as it poured harder this time. "Why does it have to be tonight? Aiish..." She said,

"As if anyone knows when it will fall." Yuri answered then shakes her head smiling.

"I hate it. Especially now that I don't have my car with me." Jessica said as she crossed her arms.

"I love it. I love the rain." Yuri lets out her hand as if trying to catch every raindrop.

"Yeah, I know. Why do you love it?" Jessica asked.

"Because I've been used to it since I was born. I was born in the rainy season, remember?"

Jessica surely knows it but she always forgets about that. Yuri is the only employee with classified files. The only person who knows all the information about her is Ms. Sooyoung. No one from her team knows when her birthday is. And for three years that they worked together, not a single time it was celebrated.

"Why, is today your birthday?" Jessica asked casually, still watching the rain.

"Nope, tomorrow." Yuri answered, then threw away her cigarette.

Jessica looks at her with confusion thinking if the woman is joking.

Yuri looks at her watch. "Oops, I'm sorry, today's my birthday since it's past midnight already. And my mom told me I was born at exactly 12:10. So yeah, today's my birthday." Yuri said casually.

"You've got to be kidding me." Jessica said in surprise.

Yuri looks at her. "If I prove to you that today's my birthday, will you give me my birthday wish?"

Jessica lets out a laugh then looks at Yuri who's still staring at her seriously. She was taken aback. Yuri never told anyone about it even to her. She just knows that Yuri's born in that season. So, why is she telling this to her now?

"Okay. I'll grant your wish. Just be reasonable, Yuri."

Yuri then smiled and got her wallet from her back pocket. She pulls out her ID then hands it to Jessica.

Jessica was surprised, leaving half-open and her brows raised. She looks at Yuri who's just smiling while shaking her head. Yuri gets her ID and puts it back in her wallet.

She unstrapped her denim jacket tied on her waist then shakes it off. She sniffed it then nodded.

"Here," She puts her jacket around Jessica and the woman felt something roll down her stomach that somehow made her heart start beating fast and hard. Yuri normally does this to her but it always gives her the same feeling every single time. "Don't get wet okay?" Yuri looked at the sky then started to walk hurriedly. She covers her head with a hand.

"Ya! Yuri-yah! Where are you going?!" Jessica yelled. "You're gonna get wet!"

Yuri stopped and looked at her. Yuri's shirt and jeans are starting to get wet.

"Told you I have prior commitments!" Yuri answered back.

"Where are you going?! Come back here Yul!"

"You want to come with me?" Yuri puts down her hand and stares at Jessica.

"Why?"

"I'm celebrating! Be my guest!" Yuri smiled as her eyes blinked a few times trying to fix her vision.

"Where are you going?!"

"Why do you always ask?! Do you still not trust me?!" Yuri yelled as she stood there soaking wet under the rain but she didn't mind.

Jessica just stared at her contemplating what to say. She's heard Yuri asked her when Yuri decided to take her somewhere. Jessica continues to ask until it almost leads to a fight when Yuri loses her patience. In the end, Yuri brought her to a city view café that has become their favorite spot whenever they have free time.

"Never ask. If I tell you I'm taking you somewhere or ask you to do something for me, don't ask because I'll never do anything to hurt you. Just trust me."

Yuri sighed as she couldn't wait longer for Jessica to answer. "I'll leave now! Bye!" Yuri turns around and starts running towards her car.

Jessica stomped her foot in frustration then covered her head with Yuri's jacket then ran after her.

"Ya!!!" Jessica yelled.

Yuri looked back. She smiled after seeing Jessica coming after her. She then opens the door of the front seat so Jessica can get in. She quickly opens the door of the driver's seat then gets in too.

"Yuri... Now you're all wet!" Jessica hissed. She gets Yuri's face towel and extra shirt from the dashboard compartment and starts wiping Yuri's face. She knows the what-to and where-to because she has ridden this car with Yuri countless times already.

"Hey. Stop smiling." She said to Yuri who's getting dried up. "That's not funny Yul. You can get sick."

Yuri took off her black polo shirt which revealed her black sports bra then got the face towel from Jessica who stopped in surprise staring at her toned abs.

"Hey.. as if this is the first time you see this." Yuri teased and started wiping her chest down to her abdomen.

Jessica gulped then looked away.

She's used to seeing Yuri's admirable physique. Every time Yuri goes to work out with her, or during team building events. Yuri w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter